Kalafina TPTV Interview 2010 Translation - 亞洲巡迴Tour專訪

I

Insidia

tptv-official.jpg

Video Here-> :plot:

Host - BYT initials shortened to B
W= Wakana K= Keiko H=Hikaru

HK = Hong Kong TP =Tai Pei SH=Shang Hai

Da Jia Hao (大家好) = Hello everybody (Mandarin)
Zai Jian(再见) = Goodbye (Mandarin)
Xie Xie(谢谢) = Thank you (Mandarin)
Hao Chi(好吃)=Delicious (Mandarin)

Dai Ga Hou = Hello everybody (Cantonese)
Gwong = Light (光) (Cantonese) *host was referring to Hikaru

B: Welcome to all the viewers of Music Drive. My name is BYT.
Today we have with us 3 beautiful ladies. They are Kalafina from Japan.
The members include: Starting from the middle, Keiko-san!
K: Hello everyone pleased to meet you.
B: Pleased to meet you.
B: Next we have Wakana-san! W: Hello everyone I'm Wakana. Pleased to meet you.
B: And next, the one sitting furthest from me is Light(光) GWONG. Hikaru-san. H: Please take care of me.

B: Yes actually for today we have prepared lots of questions to ask Kalafina.
I have in fact watched their performance earlier and the whole concert can be described as fantastic.
Actually alot of HK fans do know how to speak Japanese.
The interactions between Kalafina and fans below the stage is excellent.
Without further ado, I would like to ask if they know of any Cantonese Words before coming to HK.
Or are they able to say greetings in Cantonese to the HK fans.
First of all, please say hello to all the fans in HK.

B: Do you girls know how to speak Cantonese?

W: Eh um. Hello everybody. (Dai Ga Hou)
Kalafina: Is this fine?
B: It's fine! Please go ahead!
Kalafina: Ready go. Hello everybody! We are Kalafina!
W: Hello. K: Yes!

B: The food in HK is delicious isn't it?
W: Yes it's very delicious.
K: Delicious.

B: Can you say "delicious" in Cantonese?

W: I don't know how to say it.
K: Good? Hao (好) TN: Hao(好) is in mandarin, not to be confused with Cantonese.
B: Hou hou mei. (好好味 Delicious in Cantonese)
W+K: Hou hou mei.

B: For example, you see a mango pudding and go "HOU HOU MEI"! (DELICIOUS!)
K: *Imitating* Oh mango pudding! Hou Hou mei!
B: Yes that's it. Say it the next time you eat mango pudding.
K: Next time?
B: Yes next time you must remember to say it.
W: I'll say it for sure. I remembered it.

B: Is this the first time the 3 of you have been to HK?

K: Yes this is our first time (in HK) .
B: What do you think of this city?
K: When the plane landed in HK, we didn't think that we would be able to see the sea.
So we got really excited when we saw the sea during the bus journey. And the night view!
B: Ah yes the night view.

K: The Million Dollar Night View. We wanted to see it no matter what, so we went on that very same night.
B: Where else did you go to sightsee?
K: Mongkok(旺角) and ... *stares at H* (LOL H MUST BE IN NEVERLAND)
W: LOI YAN GAI. (女人街) TN: Lit. means Ladies' Street.
ALL: LOI YAN GAI!!!!
K: Yes.
B: Talking about it all way!
K: Yes we were talking about it all the way.
H: We visited Victoria Peak as well.

B: Do you like HK?

W: Yes very much indeed.
There are alot of shops in Loi Yan Gai and it seemed as though one cannot possibly finish walking
through it in a day. The 3 of us were really excited and hope that we would have more time to visit it once more.

B: What do you like most about HK? Is it the shopping, or perhaps the food?

K: Ah~But I was surprised by the number of people on the streets of Mongkok the first time I was there.
B: It's overwhelming!
K: Yes! Overwhelming! Really overwhelming.
B: It feels like Shibuya doesn't it?
W: Ah yes it really does.
B: Right. Mongkok is Hong Kong's Shibuya.
K: There were a huge variety of shops, like those selling appliances in Japan's Akihabara,
Shibuya's shops that sells clothings for youngsters, expensive boutiques like those in Ginza.
There were alot of shops and it is very lively and enjoyable to shop around.
B: That's good to know. Please come to Hong Kong for shopping the next time.
W: Yes we will.

B: Next, how do you feel about yesterday's concert? (07.03.2010)

W: Majority of the audience are able to converse with us in Japanese and that really surprised us.
We were wondering about the crowd's reaction before getting up on stage but we could hear their cheers while being backstage.
The 3 of us were saying "wow what a loud cheer".
We were nervous when we got up the stage but felt really happy with the audience's warm welcome. It was fun.
B: That is good to know.

B: Hikaru-san, what about you?
H: Yes I really enjoyed myself. Um, everyone complimented me saying I'm cute. Although it's a little embarassing but I was very happy.
B: That's good.

B: Next, regarding HK, TP and SH's concert, is it actually the same for all the asia tour this time round?

W: This is our first time visiting all 3 places but everyone is fluent in Japanese regardless of the place.
B: SH and TP as well?
W: Yes, they are very well versed in Japanese and gave us a warm reception.
We learned some local greetings but everyone told us "We know Japanese~" I think everyone is awesome.

B: Then, do you know pu tong hua(普通话)? TN: Chinese/Mandarin
W: Just a little, stuff like simple greetings.
K: Eh?! Do you know?
W: Eh! No, I only know "Da jia hao" and stuff like that.
W+K: Da Jia Hao (大家好), Ni Hao (你好), Zai Jian(再见), Xie Xie(谢谢) and ...
B: Ni hao(你好)? W: No, no how do you say delicious?
B: Oh, "Hao Chi"(好吃)! "Hen Hao Chi"(很好吃).
W: Hao Chee? *lol Wakana imitating*
K:Hao Chi. Yes we only know of words along those line.
B: Oh I see.

B: Do you wish to go to places other than Asia, eg.Europe/America for the next concert if given the chance?
W: Very much so.

B: Well are there any differences between HK/TP/SH fans?

K: The language barrier is something that we were worried about when starting this Asia TOUR.
It's like, "how should we go about the MC"?
We were very uneasy due to that but decided to use local greetings to greet the audience at the start of the concert. Majority of the remaining MCs were conversed in Japanese though.
But no matter the venue, everyone studied Japanese and so we don't feel any difference between them.
Everyone is friendly.​
B: That is good.
K: I'm really very happy for that.

B: People in the Chinese Circle are known for being friendly.
W+K: Yes.
K: Moreover they are straight (forward) in expressing themselves, saying things like "Cute" or "I like you" etc.

B: Next the SINGLE Lacrimosa is at 2nd spot on RTHK's Japanese Chart this week.
Kalafina: Wow. Amazing!
B: And it has become the recommendation track for this week.
Kalafina: Thank you!

B: Please introduce this song to all the viewers.

W: Lacrimosa is the ending theme from the anime [Kuroshitsuji]
This single was released in March and is an intense song, almost as if it's calling out to the gods.
It is a song that shines when performed live.
Listening to it on CD is fine too but this is one song which I hope everyone will be able to hear live.
B: Yes, I understand.

B: Then please tell us abit more about this song [Hikari no Senritsu]. Hikaru-san.

H: Hikari no Senritsu is the main theme for the anime [Sora no Woto] and it is a song that matches well with the anime.
The lyrics are a little melancholic are added with a light melody to touch the hearts of people.
I hope that everyone will feel refreshed after listening to this song.

B: Honestly I feel that the melody in all of Kalafina's songs are very beautiful.
W: Thank you.
B: I mean it.
B: Next, your new album [Red Moon] will be on sale on 17th March. What is the main theme for this album?

K: We performed concerts in Japan for a year but throughout the process, although everyone had different thinking, we pushed each other's limit and had grown well as a team together. The experience gained from the activities in that year is what made this album possible.
9 out of 13 songs are new songs. There are alot of passionate and fast-paced songs included and
I would love to perform these songs again next live, or listening to it intently at home is fine too.

B: Which song from [Red Moon] would you reccomend especially?

K: Ah, I suppose everyone has their own likes.
W: Yes, we'll go individually. For me, it is the song which shares the same name as the title, [Red Moon].
It starts with the violin which feels very peaceful and is very fitting as the opening song for the second album. Then comes the rest of the song which gives off a different feeling from our previous works.
The chorus is very intense, and I hope everyone is able to feel the contrast. The lyrics and melody blends well with the title [Red Moon]. I hope everyone will enjoy listening to it.

B: What about the rest of you?

K: I like [I have a dream] which was included in yesterday's performance. This was the ending theme for the anime [Eve no Jikan] and is the last song of the album. The earlier set of songs gives off a feeling of travelling to many places and includes a variety of themes.
Thus when [I have a dream] starts to play at the end of it all, it gives people a sense of peacefulness and is one song that I will recommend.

B: Well then, Hikaru-san.

H: For me I would reccomend [Hoshi no Utai], a song which has japanese flavor. This is what I feel, in this particular song, Keiko's voice acts as narration. I'm the Samurai and Wakana is the Samurai's wife.
I think that people will more or less have the same feeling as me after listening to this song. Although it differs from people to people, but all in all this is a song that I would very much recommend

B: Understood.
B: Then on the subject of music production, example being during studio recordings, everyone sings their own vocal and chorus, which of them is more challenging?

K: Kajiura-san's songs ... Singing Kalafina's songs is a challenge by itself *turns to smile at both W and H*

W: Alot of the songs have high difficulty. We always look forward with anticipation regarding the new songs. The chorus in particular, is very difficult.

I'll update the rest of it when I get up tmr, posting it here so I wouldn't procrastinate any longer.
(I started this sometime last year OTL). Chinese Text Version Here ->:plot:

Feel free to correct my mistakes.

K: Mongkok(旺角) and ... *stares at H* (LOL H MUST BE IN NEVERLAND)
H: For me I would reccomend [Hoshi no Utai], a song which has japanese flavor. This is what I feel, in this particular song, Keiko's voice acts as narration. I'm the Samurai and Wakana is the Samurai's wife.

:psst: :psst:
*goes to listen to hoshi no utai*

H: We visited Victoria Peak as well.

I think it should be Victoria Park.

AH SO THIS IS THE INTERVIEW WHERE HIKARU SAID THAT SHE IS DA SAMURAI AND WAKANA IS HER WAIFU. Lol Hikaru you nearly didn't speak at all but when you speak you talked about Wakana being your waifu. :ohoho::punched:

And Keiko y ur song recommendation is the song that's almost on my bottom list of Red Moon or maybe even whole Kala-discography. well i know i'm weird so :XD:

Ah lol my stupid hearing then. It's 1AM here and I just have to read this thread right before I go to sleep so yeah. Thank you!

is it the full translation? Planning to start subbing it ^^ -orz ripping that video is a pain-

Back