Kalafina (non-Yuki) (disbanded 13-3-2019)

Argonir

TETOTETOMETOME
So after our sad news of recent, I decided to create this thread to discuss all future endeavours that Kalafina embark on without Yuki and Keiko.

I'm certain Wakana and Hikaru will continue to release top quality music in the years to come, so this thread is really for those like me who are still interested in following Kalafina. :)

https://lineblog.me/kalafina/archives/67145512.html

『Staffからのお知らせ』
  • 2018/04/26 12:00
Harmony限定、Hikaruバースデーイベント開催決定!
2018年7月はHikaru自身の誕生日と、HikaruがKalafinaとして“sprinter/ARIA”でデビューして、ちょうど10年となります。
その10周年を記念したファンクラブ会員様限定イベントを開催します!
皆様と一緒にHikaruのお祝いをできればと思います。

“Hikaru”Birthday EVENT 2018
2018年7月31日(火)
@東京 サントリーホール ブルーローズ (小ホール)
出演:Hikaru
Piano:櫻田泰啓

≪Hikaruからのメッセージ≫

ファンクラブの皆様へ

この度、Hikaruのバースデーイベント開催が決定致しました。
ここまで一番側で見守り支えてくださった皆様と一緒に作りたいという自分の希望から企画しました。
これからこのイベントを皆様とひとつひとつ作っていけたらと思っております。
平日ではありますが、当日も会場で“Hikaru”としてのイベントを一緒に作りながら見届けていただけると幸いです。

Hikaru

Could we have this back in Everything Yuki? I know that it may not make much of a difference, but the Everything Yuki forum is the only one I check. I'm just as big of a fan of Kalafina as I am of Kajiura, and I think all of us share the same sentiment too.

And until we get actual confirmation if Kajiura will stop composing songs for Kalafina (Wakana + Hikaru), it's best to just have it in that forum since this sub-forum gets so much less activity. (not to mention my bookmark is to the Everything Yuki subforum lel)

^ Well you can develop the habbit of checking this one too. If needed i can make it sticky for easier find. And no since its not Yuki anymore it wont be there.

And there you have it. There will be no Wakana + Hikaru Kalafina. Hikaru is going solo, just as YK predicted when she joined Kalafina. Seems we should have a Hikaru solo thread now.

And there you have it. There will be no Wakana + Hikaru Kalafina. Hikaru is going solo, just as YK predicted when she joined Kalafina. Seems we should have a Hikaru solo thread now.
There's no evidence for this...? Hikaru said herself it was her choice to have the birthday event, and so she probably wants to have everyone focus solely on her during it

Wakana is having a solo concert. Anyway members having and doing solo activities don't always necessarily mean disbandment. Tons of other groups are doing that when they don't have any group activities planned. They're still using Kalafina line and twitter to promote their activities after all.

Wakana is having a solo concert. Anyway members having and doing solo activities don't always necessarily mean disbandment. Tons of other groups are doing that when they don't have any group activities planned. They're still using Kalafina line and twitter to promote their activities after all.
Wait what WAKANA is?????

Woah wtf. She's singing with an orchestra? It also mentions to look forward to some Kajiura music played by the orchestra. Mite b interesting.

True. Maybe she'd perform a mix of FJ Wakana songs and some FJ Wakana-disguised-as-Kalafina-songs.

English translation of that line post is available @putschki1969's tumblr in case anyone wants to read it. Please don't look at the notes if you don't want to laugh.

I don’t want to jinx anything, but there are few things as humiliating as a near empty venue at a concert.
I doubt it'll be near empty. I would be more worried about her performance during the concert. If you're singing with an orchestra you better have great vocal skills, otherwise you're just embarrassing yourself and wasting the orchestra's time.
Now, I listened to recordings of their anniversary live, and based on that she's not ready. If she's been taking intensive vocal lessons, master classes, whatever since then, then she might pull it off.
Another thing is that the announcement mentions "an elegant world of music ". This makes me think she'll be performing bel canto repertoire.

Wakana's Concert tells me why she isn't in the Fiction Junction line up... And Hikaru is doing a solo thing. Now... Just what is Keiko up to ?

[pure speculation mode]
Could Keiko be hold up some where with Ayaka ? Could there be a new Ayaka-Keiko single... That would be so ..... egggg ceellll ennntttt.....
[pure speculation mode off]

^Keiko's likely dealing with all the legalities of trying to get the trademark. Since this trademark submission is likely going to be challenged by Spacecraft, I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of litigation comes out of it. So we just play the waiting game :/

I doubt it'll be near empty. I would be more worried about her performance during the concert. If you're singing with an orchestra you better have great vocal skills, otherwise you're just embarrassing yourself and wasting the orchestra's time.
Now, I listened to recordings of their anniversary live, and based on that she's not ready. If she's been taking intensive vocal lessons, master classes, whatever since then, then she might pull it off.
Another thing is that the announcement mentions "an elegant world of music ". This makes me think she'll be performing bel canto repertoire.

This. Especially she's singing alone on this one. With FictionJunction and Kalafina she's almost always backed up by someone's singing the harmony, and in a way the harmony sometimes helped conceal her mistakes. Wakana's problem of being flat really often still frequently happens and her head voice is still very throaty and weak. This is what makes me laugh when I read the notes on the tumblr post. A clasically trained vocalist or a vocalist with at least a basic classical background wouldn't have a head voice as bad as Wakana's.

Back