1. XenForo had been updated to 1.5.13. Report issues here.
    Dismiss Notice

Kalafina LIVE TOUR 2017「Kalafina “9+ONE”」

Discussion in 'Everything Yuki' started by sprinterXkyrie, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Kirito

Kirito TETOTETOMETOME

Behind you

Atlas Star, Sofia, Kowz and 1 other person like this.
  2. Spirica Rose

Spirica Rose Fluent in Kajiurago

I have listened to all the audio bootlegs and for a bootleg, I enjoyed listening to the songs. Really glad they recorded the songs not heard live yet/heard only rarely. :love:Märchen seemed to be the weakest, but it (probably) is also the hardest of these four. They did get better as the song went on, though and seemed more in sync.

Sofia and HimeWakana like this.
  3. arancia-orenji

arancia-orenji I like Yuki

OMG THERE IS A GODDESS SOHYANG FAN HERE TOO
    I'm literally having goosebump listening to "Home" yesterday

-cough-

I want to mention that Oblivious and storia is better than the previous few live videos we've had. I dunno, Hikaru's falset sounded smoother in Oblivious and the harmony in storia is more.... uh. Harmonious?
    On the other hand Marchen really was a mess. I don't know if it's because it's a new song, but there was little control especially on Hikaru's part.

ritardando likes this.
  4. george1234

george1234 Moderator

Cynical world (Greece)

@ritardando But how many lives does she do per year ? Yes she has amazing voice but if she did as many lives as Kalafina do maybe she wouldnt have this voice for long (as happened with W) and even if she does have as much, then i guess it goes to physical limits. Not all people can reach perfect level on all things.
    Kokia also has equally awesome voice as that Korean imo.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  5. Seasonreaper

Seasonreaper HA! I live in her CLOSET!

Looe, United Kingdom

So Hyang's voice is pretty gorgeous, I agree. As is Kokia's. Much prefer the music Kokia does from what I've heard though, really should listen to more of her work than the couple albums of hers I have.

6. Kowz

Kowz I have reached Yuki nirvana

1 & 0 City

We don't know exactly what happened to Wakana, but if I had to guess, it's because of bad technique. Combine bad technique with multiple concerts and it gets worse. But it's her own fault for not seeking a coach or taking classes.

george1234 likes this.
  7. sarasara

sarasara Roses at her doorstep

California

Just listened to Ashita no Keshiki.
    It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but it definitely still doesn't come close to how the song sounded years ago.
    It's obvious Wakana's straining on some notes, and her voice doesn't have that effortless swelling, neither that fullness to her tone that seemed to come so naturally in the past. At this point, that's to be expected though.
    Hikaru was ok, Keiko was fine as usual.

And yes, So Hyang is perfect. This song brought me to tears the first time I heard it.

arancia-orenji, Aelarion and grunty like this.
  8. Aelarion

Aelarion I adore Yuki

United Kingdom

First time listening to her and I have to say, the power, clarity and control she has of her voice is absolutely insane.

I never realised Korean music could sound this damned good.

sarasara likes this.
  9. grunty

grunty I will reach Yuki nirvana

I listened for Wakana and very this. I'd actually say it's the best live performance of hers that I've heard, lol. Hikaru on the other hand was dying in the higher registers. Keiko was screaming a lot. :|

10. george1234

george1234 Moderator

Cynical world (Greece)

the middle-eastern intro in Marchen was kinda out of place, but liked the instrumental bridge. The vocals sound kinda slower than in the recording. In Ashita Wakana truly sounded better than i expected and agree with grunty at the rest. Samidare was fun, and the lala made the audience happy as expected.

11. Aelarion

Aelarion I adore Yuki

United Kingdom

Maybe Wakana is rediscovering how to master her voice and has a chance at returning to top form. From what I've seen, she is much stronger than the Wakana of 2016, which does give me reassurance.

Westkana and HimeWakana like this.
  12. Kirito

Kirito TETOTETOMETOME

Behind you

Something interesting happens in Samidare. If you hear closely, in the first verse, when Hikaru sings the line "yorokobi wo yoberu hazu", Wakana takes over during "yoberu hazu", when the notes go up a little bit. The same thing happens with the line "bokutachi wa yumemiteru".

I don't mean to drag the discussion back to Hikaru's voice problems, but seriously? She can't even hit those notes, and they're not even in the high range like ARIA is. Kajiura was right when she said Kalafina's biggest weakness is that they can cover for each other.

Aelarion likes this.
  13. Aelarion

Aelarion I adore Yuki

United Kingdom

So while Wakana may be getting better, Hikaru is continuing to deteriorate? Perhaps she's pushing herself too hard.

Kind of wish they didn't announce the Christmas tour tbh, sounds like they need a break.

Westkana likes this.
  14. Westkana

Westkana Fluent in Kajiurago

USA

My guess is that both Hikaru & Wakana sing those lines, and Hikaru's voice is more apparent on the lower notes while Wakana is more apparent on the higher notes.

Though I agree with @Aelarion that they definitely need a break. They've been going strong since what- 2014? 2015? They've barely had a chance to rest within the past 2 years, they've definitely earned some time off.

Aelarion likes this.
  15. Kirito

Kirito TETOTETOMETOME

Behind you

Sofia, Aelarion and Westkana like this.
  16. Aelarion

Aelarion I adore Yuki

United Kingdom

^ Hikaru gets an SSS-rank from me since Oblivious wasn't even designed for her.

Sofia likes this.
  17. Kowz

Kowz I have reached Yuki nirvana

1 & 0 City

Well, the tour starts November 7th. That's 3 months after the Hong Kong concert. It's enough time to rest, unless she has a more serious problem than vocal fatigue.

18. Westkana

Westkana Fluent in Kajiurago

USA

they may be recording/practicing for a new album during those three months to be released on/near their 10th anniversary

Aelarion likes this.
  19. KitsuneMiyu

KitsuneMiyu I like Yuki

Bologna, Italy

20. Believe in Heavenly Blue

Believe in Heavenly Blue I like Yuki

Aaah Lacrimosa was solid. I remember Hikaru used to sing the "canta miya" before the lacrimosa, is there any reason they changed that?