Kalafina 「into the world / Märchen」20th single (Release April 5, 2017)

Isn't that obvious? Because I prefer blaze over into the world, Marchen and Haru wo matsu, w. Hope you weren't expecting an in-depth analysis.

@ritardando @Atlas Star I also liked ITW better than Märchen. ITW is full of hope yet still has hints of sadness/hardship in it, which that juxtaposition almost always sounds good. Märchen, on the other hand, is a bit repetitive (to be fair, Tsuioku & Koibito have the same problem). Wakana's lines also seem a little forced, and her smoother voice doesn't fit well with the more pulsating voices of Hikaru & Keiko.

I'd rather listen to snow falling than ANY of the heavenlyblue&over A-sides so it's not like I was putting blaze on a pedestal here.

Wow. Personally, into the world is my least favourite in this single. It might be because the symphonia-like songs have never been my cup of tea, even if I enjoy them as well. Märchen is the kind of Kalafina song I tend to like, so it's perfect to me (and I have already told you how I feel about this one). And I've been listening to Haru wo matsu a lot, and I don't usually listen that much to ballads :)
I'm glad that almost everyone here got at least one song to like.

After gving Haru wo Matsu many listens, I hold to my initial thoughts. This is a FJ Yuuka song that Kalafina sings. It has all the "feelings" of a slow FJ Yuuka ballad. I was even wondering if it should fit on the first FJ Yuuka album. I started imagining Yuuka singing it. I think it's a nice addition to the Kalafina catalogue (and possibly to FJY too)

Last edited by a moderator:
So does anyone have scans / can post the musicians / chorus for the single ?

here is a pic from kiasukid but sadly they are too far https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Mckhf7gAI48/WOO7mfApp7I/AAAAAAAAQ7I/vtJGzndxbP8x01lr15rREgfsN_s6b0DegCLcB/s1600/Kalafina+into+the+world+marchen+ANALOG+05.jpg

here they are close https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6axtYYnvKn4/WOO9mktJXgI/AAAAAAAAQ8Q/zK9uOwq_t8IWljwuuTVq3jFx-5Uas1ZzwCLcB/s1600/Kalafina+into+the+world+marchen+RE+10.jpg

M1: into the world
Electric Guitar: Koichi Korenaga
Drums: Kyoichi Sato
Bass: Takahashi "Jr" Tomoharu
Strings: Hitoshi Konno Strings
Chrorus: Yuriko Kaida

M2: Marchen
Electric Guitar: Koichi Korenaga
Drums: Kyoichi Sato
Bass: Takahashi "Jr" Tomoharu
Violin: Hitoshi Konno
Viola: