Yuki Kajiura and Kalafina girls left Spacecraft (confirmed)

What you describe is FJ not Kalafina v2, besides kaori and hikaru voices are kinda close in range.

I agree with grunty. If she is bored to put efford into making fresh new songs she better make non instead. After all this last decade she made almost as much Jpop as between 1992 and 2007, dont u think its enough for a while ?

I know I'm in the minority here, but I like pop songs better than soundtracks. And now that Space Craft has crashed, I'm thinking Kajiura might have more freedom to create pop music to her satisfaction rather than to please a bunch of business executives.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I like pop songs better than soundtracks. And now that Space Craft has crashed, I'm thinking Kajiura might have more freedom to create pop music to her satisfaction rather than to please a bunch of business executives.
^sane here

There are plenty of other pop artists out there to please yourself until Kajiura feels like making more of them.if she makes new songs without really wanting to they are gonna turn into bad songs, or at least ones that dont stand in time.

Can someone explain me what's going on. I read what @Nightmare post about the reports, but I didn't understan anything :confu:

The new info is in short: SC president is in love with an employee, and in bad terms with YK's manager. In a concert YK's manager didnt reserve sits for SCexecutives and prez so he had to resign. SC president puts the woman he was in love with in manager's position and the woman disagrees with YK about Kalafina, so YK quits SC.

Last edited:
From what I understand: (This is pure speculation) The Blue and Red albums was it for Kalafina. YK was done with them at that poin and the members knew it too. Far on the Water was suppose to be an FJ album ( some one said it was a FJ Wakana album), but Sony and Space Craft wanted another album and refused to have a FJ follow up to Elemental. So Far on the Water became the Kalafina "contractual obligation" album. There were only 3 singles and 3 concert albums after that. No new album was going to happen. Spacecraft and probably Sony dragged out the group's existence till it finally unraveled around their 10th anniversary concerts. Spacecraft kept the group on the books for a year mostly likely to get extra albums out of them: Rarities and B sides being one of them. But the members were having none of it. So... They had to put it to rest. There won't be any more Kalafina. YK is done with it. The members are done with it. I believe there are songs for the 3rd FJ album (left off Far on the Water) waiting for release and we may see a new FJ album next year. It may include all the new collaborations and maybe a few new ones still in the pipeline.

From what I understand: (This is pure speculation) The Blue and Red albums was it for Kalafina. YK was done with them at that poin and the members knew it too. Far on the Water was suppose to be an FJ album ( some one said it was a FJ Wakana album), but Sony and Space Craft wanted another album and refused to have a FJ follow up to Elemental. So Far on the Water became the Kalafina "contractual obligation" album. There were only 3 singles and 3 concert albums after that. No new album was going to happen. Spacecraft and probably Sony dragged out the group's existence till it finally unraveled around their 10th anniversary concerts. Spacecraft kept the group on the books for a year mostly likely to get extra albums out of them: Rarities and B sides being one of them. But the members were having none of it. So... They had to put it to rest. There won't be any more Kalafina. YK is done with it. The members are done with it. I believe there are songs for the 3rd FJ album (left off Far on the Water) waiting for release and we may see a new FJ album next year. It may include all the new collaborations and maybe a few new ones still in the pipeline.

I really don't know if I buy that. I may be way off the mark here but until recently it always seemed to me that the members at least really loved kalafina, and were happy performing, and touring and stuff. That couldve all been an act for concerts i guess, but to me its always seemed very genuine, especially with Keiko (which is why i love watching their dvds so much). All the stuff about management and fotw originally supposed to be a fj album may very well be true but id like to believe that that wasn't due to any dissatisfaction on the members sides as well.

I've told you all before that Kalafina has known that they're going to end by their 9+one concert. That 9 being their 9th anniversary and +one as their last one year together but you all didn't believe me so (shrug)

Tbh I really don't see Wakana joining Kajiura again. Wakana leaving Kajiura was the best choice for her. She's expanding her horizon, she sounds very good live compared to her Kalafina days - heck she even sings Kalafina songs better now, her fanclub just started kicking in, she's making more money due to working alone, and she gets a good amount of promotion. She has said before that Kajiura scolded her the most (a statement that is also confirmed by Kajiura), so I think even though she's very grateful for Kajiura at the same time she was very stressed working under her. This is all speculation here, but It's stressful always getting scolded even though it's for your own sake and we all know that Wakana is the softhearted one of the group. I too would want to see Wakana singing with her KalaFJ friends but her choice and well being came first.

Working for Kalafina is also already unhealthy for Kajiura because you can tell how less effort she put in her works and how she said that in the past years she's been working like robot, not able to make songs that she really wanted to make.

Tldr: they're all doing good by this point. I miss Kalafina as well but they've made their choices and it seems that they're very happy with their choices. Good for them. If they ever reunite, good for us and good for them even though it's very unlikely.

PS: that love affair drama in Spacecraft that's said making Kajiura's manager and then Kajiura leaving SC? Juicy. Very k-drama ish.

I wouldn't mind a Shin Kalafina, but only if Kajiura is actually passionate about producing for them, and replace Wakana and Hikaru, hue.
Or just get an extra soprano for FJ and work with them instead. :ohoho:

(And after the Kimetsu FictionJunction feat. LiSA song I'd also say No Mo FictionJunction 4 Yuki Kajiura! Bite me.)
To be fair it was a collab with LiSA. Like, I can't even imagine LiSA singing something that's not a generic animu song.

Far on the Water was suppose to be an FJ album ( some one said it was a FJ Wakana album),
Mmm I don't believe that. I know there's a very thin line between FJ style and Kalafina style, but none of the songs sounds like they were made for FJ.

heck she even sings Kalafina songs better now
Hikari Furu from her recent tour was dreadful though.

I've told you all before that Kalafina has known that they're going to end by their 9+one concert. That 9 being their 9th anniversary and +one as their last one year together but you all didn't believe me so (shrug)

Tbh I really don't see Wakana joining Kajiura again. Wakana leaving Kajiura was the best choice for her. She's expanding her horizon, she sounds very good live compared to her Kalafina days - heck she even sings Kalafina songs better now, her fanclub just started kicking in, she's making more money due to working alone, and she gets a good amount of promotion. She has said before that Kajiura scolded her the most (a statement that is also confirmed by Kajiura), so I think even though she's very grateful for Kajiura at the same time she was very stressed working under her. This is all speculation here, but It's stressful always getting scolded even though it's for your own sake and we all know that Wakana is the softhearted one of the group. I too would want to see Wakana singing with her KalaFJ friends but her choice and well being came first.

Working for Kalafina is also already unhealthy for Kajiura because you can tell how less effort she put in her works and how she said that in the past years she's been working like robot, not able to make songs that she really wanted to make.

Tldr: they're all doing good by this point. I miss Kalafina as well but they've made their choices and it seems that they're very happy with their choices. Good for them. If they ever reunite, good for us and good for them even though it's very unlikely.

PS: that love affair drama in Spacecraft that's said making Kajiura's manager and then Kajiura leaving SC? Juicy. Very k-drama ish.

Yeah, kalas end being confirmed around 9+one era makes much more sense than during the red/blue day concerts

And yeah I completely agree with everything. I would love to see some sort of kalafina reunion concert one day, but I think the possibility of an actual revival is very unlikely and for wakanas sake, I wouldn't really want it to happen lol

Generally people here expecting that Wakana not joining because she's already "happy" but does Kajiura even wants Wakana back tho with her decision to stick with spacecraft? :ayashii: Wakana already tasted success with Kalafina and with the happenings in the agency(financially-speaking), I'd be restless if I am her. I think the best opportunity for her is to sing for an anime op/ed since that is what people are familiar with her since going solo musician in Japan is really difficult unless you're an idol/VA.

Generally people here expecting that Wakana not joining because she's already "happy" but does Kajiura even wants Wakana back tho with her decision to stick with spacecraft? :ayashii: Wakana already tasted success with Kalafina and with the happenings in the agency(financially-speaking), I'd be restless if I am her. I think the best opportunity for her is to sing for an anime op/ed since that is what people are familiar with her since going solo musician in Japan is really difficult unless you're an idol/VA.
I agree - I think her solo act for now is ok since Kalafina JUST disbanded and people are reminded of Kalafina through wakana’s album and live performances (heck, I was most excited about “musundehiraku” being performed). But after some time, her place on the charts will start to regress.

@Lorde-Kowz i only listened to Hikarifuru in passing mostly just to hear how she handled Keiko's parts lol but iirc she did great in Musunde Hiraku. After all when was she not dreadful singing Hikarifuru live...

I agree - I think her solo act for now is ok since Kalafina JUST disbanded and people are reminded of Kalafina through wakana’s album and live performances (heck, I was most excited about “musundehiraku” being performed). But after some time, her place on the charts will start to regress.

Thus the reason why they released this article. They want to appease some of the fans to show them it's all rainbow and sunshine with this clickbait title. They want that tasty meat from Kajiura's success to make Wakana relevant lol. Sorry that's what I see in here. Whether her album/singing is objectively good or not now it still depends on the agency. With her aggressive promotions+hiring different composers if the sales are not good...well best of luck to Wakana.

If she end up doing animu songs, Takumi Ozawa would be a good choice as composer though, and would remind ppl of Kajiura too, thus increasing sales.

Back