Yuki Kajiura and Kalafina girls left Spacecraft (confirmed)

Quite possibly. :|

Eh. Guess I'm not going to waste my time trying to interpret JASRACs DB. Either I get my re-releases/boxes/Works for Soundtrack 2 or not lol. Nothing to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still nothing new on Keiko's application for the Kalafina TM. I wonder if there's a legal battle going on.
I would bet so, its been almost 6 months since the initial trademark filling. Wakana and Hikaru not doing much on the singing front either also seems to be evidence of it

Yes I think there's a legal battle behind too!! Let's hope for some positive news! I want them together soon T_____________T

I posted earlier that the Japanese Copyright and Trademark office takes five months to process a claim, barring any objections. Spacecraft may try to fight Keiko's application. I don't think they'll succeed. If the trademark was hers or YK's to begin with Spacecraft has no standing. But, it wouldn't stop them from being miserable about it.

I searched several other acts' trademark and I realized the average time needed is around 9-10 months. 6 months is really among the fastest ones while a couple I found even took 1.5 years.

She makes it sound as if the girls were forced to sing the songs and that they didnt really like them

Also i disagree with the part where she says that at the beginning all kalafina songs were similar. Its near the end that they became similar, at the beginning they were were all unique

Last edited:
I don't have a problem reading this page. When I have problems with a website, I'll delete it from my data manager (Sea Monkey). Next time it loads, I don't have a problem. And that is with cookies turned off.

She makes it sound as if the girls were forced to sing the songs and that they didnt really like them
I didn't get that vibe at all from the translation. To me, it's more of a self-critical and overanalitic personality; I've always thought of her being harsh on herself and perfectionist, so as I see it is more about her own appreciation of the situation or relationship with the girls rather than reality. They have always been very vocal about liking Yuki's music, and Wakana & Keiko have also taken part of FictionJunction as well through all these years, so in my mind after Kalafina's success they could have stuck to the unit's activities exclusively and not involving themselves with her other projects anymore, being the opposite true.

Also i disagree with the part where she says that at the beginning all kalafina songs were similar. Its near the end that they became similar, at the beginning they were were all unique
Maybe she is talking about her knowledge and intimacy of work with the 4 girls (2 of them being completely new for her, personality and vocal quality-wise speaking) and she thought of seventh heaven as an album fit for Wakeiko. Once she got used to Hikaru, her composing style shifted to what we know as red moon and what came after it. Other than that, I concur with your opinion.

she thought of seventh heaven as an album fit for Wakeiko. Once she got used to Hikaru, her composing style shifted to what we know as red moon

I wish I could go back to Seventh Heaven and red moon era without knowing they'd disband in their 10th year, lmao. In all honesty, Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaeteyuku and Kizuato are still my #1 tearjerker to date.

Just updating I think there's a high chance Kalafina trademark will change status from Awaiting Examination to Under Examination within the next month, because 2 other trademarks I tracked (applied roughly 1 month earlier than Kalafina) just went into this status.

Just updating I think there's a high chance Kalafina trademark will change status from Awaiting Examination to Under Examination within the next month, because 2 other trademarks I tracked (applied roughly 1 month earlier than Kalafina) just went into this status.

what are they?

Back