Yuki Kajiura and Kalafina girls left Spacecraft (confirmed)

I did forget to finally acknowledge a point that A.Star just made. Of course I'm concerned about the future BUT not knowing many factors of Miss Kajiura's departure, such as the conflict with the new manager's style and possibly the requests of the company hindering what were likely many possibilities for artistic success, that was a very confident move to make and she could certainly be applauded for it.

I don't know if someone check it out, or if you have already spoken about it, but Harmony page can be accessed again, but I can't see the news (since I'm not a member). Can anyone check if they change or add something related to all this mess???

I don't know if someone check it out, or if you have already spoken about it, but Harmony page can be accessed again, but I can't see the news (since I'm not a member). Can anyone check if they change or add something related to all this mess???
I asked on chat a while ago and they said it was the same as the harmony email

@Atlas Star: Trademark. Basically it's intellectual property along the lines of Patent, but not for an idea like a patent. The US registers patents and trademarks in the same place (Patent and Trademark Office). Canada does it differently. Here to own a trademark is has to be a registered sole proprietary company (at least that's how it is in my province). This company can be owned personally or by an incorporated company. Basically: It's property. I own 3 trademarks this way. Sole Proprietary companies in Canada never expire, so the trademark never does either. I understand in countries like Germany, the trademark has to be re-registered after a number of years. It could be that Japan has a 10 year limit on trademarks and it expired in December 2017. So Keiko re-newed it. I don't know this. Research is required.

Edit: Japan's Trademark registry is for 10 years. Keiko renewed it. She may have also been the original holder of the trademark. Preference is given to the initial registrar of a Trademark. So.... THere's proof that Kalafina has probably ALWAYS belonged to Keiko. Not YK and not Spacecraft. Nothing sinister about what she did.... or is there.....

Last edited by a moderator:
All i can say is, i am a messy bitch who lives for drama, and i am living for it. Thanks Yuki :nosebleed:

Gosh I didn't expect the bad news.

Agree that Keiko leaving will cripple Kalafina. :'(

by the way, how old is Yuki Kajiura?

i once wondered 'how if she has to stop making music due to her age?' 'until what age will Kalafina members sing?'

by the way, how old is Yuki Kajiura?

i once wondered 'how if she has to stop making music due to her age?' 'until what age will Kalafina members sing?'

Um, last time I read she was 52.

Capture.JPG

is this true?
i haven't read it in this forum. or i missed it?

Hmm.... at first, I thought that if there is one member leaving (with the rumoured reason that she's unhappy with continuing without Yuki), it must be Wakana. I can imagine Keiko or Hikaru sings a song from other composers, but not for Wakana. Keiko has been with Yuki longer though...

I feel like we've just pass the half of this long story, there is still a long way to go. (Or it may be less than half...)

However, I feel sorry for Sacra Music... It seems that they aren't a part of this dispute between Yuki and Spacecraft, but now it's likely that they will lose the old Kalafina which is one of their top artists..@~~@. The best scenario for Sacra maybe Wakana and Hikaru follow Keiko and after some time for dealing with all management issues, they form Kalafina with Yuki again without Spacecraft.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I believe this is the end solution. Give it time. I'm sure Wakana and Hikaru will follow YK and Keiko. There may be contract issues with Spacecraft that have to be worked out first.

I am looking forward to a new Kalafina albun in the second 1/2 of this year.

This whole thing also proves a few things: Keiko is deeply loyal to YK. She will protect Kalafina's integrity to the fullest. She's smart to own the brand in the first place. She won't be pushed around.

She's also been through this before when she was in the ItoKubo duo. Ayaka had issues with Spacecraft over creative control of the music she recorded and ended up leaving Spacecraft. It really hurt Keiko when that happened. Maybe Ayaka even asked her to come with her. Pure unfounded speculation by me. So.... Keiko has been there when it comes to artist's control of their creations and management intransigence.

^Yup, I'm sure Keiko will never do anything to hurt Kalafina as a band, Kajiura or the other two member. I hope you're right and the other girls follow her soon. Maybe they will wait for the contract with Spacecraft to expire so they can leave without any penalty?

Anyway, just doing crappy memes to cope with this because it's hurting too much. I still cannot believe this is real.
goback_by_zlnnla-dc5we2e.jpg

I swear I almost cry searching for images. And removing Kei-chan from the picture was so painful I have no words. It looks so empty without her :comeback:

^ She's also been through this before when she was in the ItoKubo duo. Ayaka had issues with Spacecraft over creative control of the music she recorded and ended up leaving Spacecraft. It really hurt Keiko when that happened. Maybe Ayaka even asked her to come with her. Pure unfounded speculation by me. So.... Keiko has been there when it comes to artist's control of their creations and management intransigence.

if that's the case, the screenshot I give about someone talking about sh**** things about spacecraft could be true.

Anyway, just doing crappy memes to cope with this because it's hurting too much. I still cannot believe this is real.
goback_by_zlnnla-dc5we2e-jpg.jpg
I want to sincerely thank you. I needed this laugh really badly. Ik it's sad but still :XD:

Anyway, I'm hoping that'll happen. If Keiko obtains ownership of the Kala trademark, then (if Wakana & Hikaru agree of course) she could (legally) block Spacecraft from using the Kalafina name. It may create even more bad blood between Kala/Kajiura and SC but it may be necessary to keep our girls together

Sacra Music/Sony owns the rights to all Kalafina songs, right? If Keiko gets the TM, then they could take it to another managing company (or remain independent, idk), and be able to continue performing all their material and release new stuff under the Kalafina name... right?

Sacra Music/Sony owns the rights to all Kalafina songs, right? If Keiko gets the TM, then they could take it to another managing company (or remain independent, idk), and be able to continue performing all their material and release new stuff under the Kalafina name... right?

it should be
i hope it should be
i do really hope it should be

i always prefer they move to another agency

Back