Yuki Kajiura and Kalafina girls left Spacecraft (confirmed)

The manager that got into arguments with Kajiura is probably being fired. I mean, if Kalafina does indeed disband then she's responsible for losing three artists/bands. And according to the first rumor back in December, Kalafina is SC biggest act, so they lost their golden goose, hue.

If there is a dispute and the agency made demands that hurt Kalafina' music, then this is for the best. IMO based on previous reports, this rumor is likely true. And based on Hikaru's latest blog post about 'moving forward' I think she intends to leave. I also can't picture Wakana staying on but I could see Keiko trying that.

Then again maybe we are all wrong and Kalafina will leave Spacecraft entirely

Last edited by a moderator:
this is my English translation of the Indonesian article of the previous Sponichi Annex Translation (sorry if this was posted before, too lazy to search the whole thread):

"The news about the composer's (Kajiura's) future on the agency has been circulated before on December 2017. Sponichi Annex said that (the rumor) is based on the disagreements Kajiura had with her new manager in regard to her musical direction. It began when the agency appointed a new manager for Kajiura after Kalafina's concert in September 2016, replacing her previous manager who has been by her side ever since her debut.
Kajiura is rumored to have a different opinion/view on her musical direction with her new manager. At the same time, Kajiura was also involved in a negotiation with her agency about the copyright of her musical compositions. After her old manager finally decided to leave the agency in July 2017 and the disagreements and misunderstanding between Kajiura and her new manager kept going, in the end Kajiura decided to leave the agency."

so yes I think Mori Yasunori has also left Spacecraft and Kajiura has been planning to leave the agency since mid 2017.
tbh the news about the possibility of Kalafina disbanding is not that surprising... it's sad and tbh if they're disbanding after finally making their own fanclub is kinda hurting(and somewhat disrespectful to) their fans who actually decided to join the fanclub just to have them disband after mere 1 year. I know it's more about the agency's decisions but it's still disappointing.

so yes I think Mori Yasunori has also left Spacecraft

I've actually been wondering if the manager that left was Mori. We could also confirm if he left by checking the credits of evertyhing released in 2017, and get the name of the new manager.

I've actually been wondering if the manager that left was Mori. We could also confirm if he left by checking the credits of evertyhing released in 2017, and get the name of the new manager.
Mori Yasunori is still credited in Zaregoto OST but idk if that means a thing since Zaregoto started in 2016...

maybe i miss many things before in this forum

1. why don't YK and kalafina move entirely to a new agency? how hard is it?
2. is there any 'special' reason for forming Harmony? just assuming that it is related to these rumors.
3. i heard someone said that 'there will be more Kalafina the next half of the year'. is it baseless rumor or expected?
4. is YK still composing for SAO alicization after this?

1. why don't YK and kalafina move entirely to a new agency? how hard is it?

Kajiura can do it, but Kalafina as a band is owned by SC I believe. They could make a new band.

2. is there any 'special' reason for forming Harmony? just assuming that it is related to these rumors.

With FictionJunction pretty much dead for the last couple of years, it was kinda pointless for Kalafina to remain being part of that club.

3. i heard someone said that 'there will be more Kalafina the next half of the year'. is it baseless rumor or expected?

Rumor. I haven't heard anything about that though.

4. is YK still composing for SAO alicization after this?

I'm sure Kajiura is willing to do it, but it's probably up to Aniplex/A1 if they want to hire her.

i always wondering there will be 'Kalafina 2', not owned by SC lol

Im legit scared now. Even if Kalafina continues, I cant see it working as a duet :touched::touched: seeing her main selling point are their armonies, dont know what they'll make, since they will be too limited.
I know they can get another member, but Kalafina has always been for me "Wakana, Keiko, Hikaru" and I cannot imagine it another way.
Also, I wonder who will leave. I cant see Hikaru going solo with her current voice problems. Wakana has always been Kalafina's voice for me, but it seems like she's been too emotional lately, so I wonder if that's because she's leaving. And Keiko is amazing and if she leaves she'll do amazing wherever she goes, but I cannot imagine a live without her smile :touched:
But its also sad because they always loved and cared so much about each other, seeing them going separate ways breaks my heart. Yet I just want the best for them, dont want them to be uncomfortable and ruin how special Kalafina is.
But whatever happens from now on, Ill still support them, thats for sure.

My bets are on Hikaru leaving... I don't want any of them to leave but if it had to be one, I think it would be her. Either way, Kalafina just won't be the same without a trio. Its almost too late in their career to pick up a new member who could do all her parts. I don't think the fanbase would truly accept a new person. I'm actually in tears over this!!!! Kalafina and Kajiura are the reason I got back into music the way I did. I wouldn't be the person I am today without them

I guess I'll try to stay positive in this. Whoever's leaving, in sure they have their own reasons that will likely be explained in either a blog post or the 10th anni movie. And even though Kalafina will likely be a shell of its former self after this due to that member leaving & no Kajiura, at least it's still continuing. Kalafina has always been and will likely always be one of my biggest musical inspirations, and regardless of what happens- I can not thank them enough for the endless amounts of inspiration they've given me, though both good and bad. I will always support Wakana, Keiko, and Hikaru in whatever they decide to pursue.

I know people are sad etc and I see their POV... but the messy side of me is living for all this commotion... I love how quickly it got addressed too.

me too. if this was in 2014 maybe i would have a mental breakdown (jknotreally)/would be really sad but tbh i don't really feel anything other than curiosity - who's leaving and why. a part of me is sad because they're really loved by so many people all over the world and they've left such an impression on me and i still loved them although not much anymore, while another part of me just don't really care because i've no longer been 'feeling' their music since 2015. either way i hope all the best for them and i hope they'd be successful on whatever their endeavor would be, music or not.

What's this about Keiko applying for the Kalafina trademark? I've seen a few people mention it in other places.

Screenshot_20180313-153830.png
Screenshot_20180313-154254.png

Result of the search

And my question is why is she the only one applying if its only one member leaving so it should be two ?

Last edited:
Back