Yuki Kajiura and Kalafina girls left Spacecraft (confirmed)

Kowz. Private Investigator. You should have a new title on CPM. :)

:idol:
Anywuys, I found some videos of her singing some jazz standards and some other songs, and I got really curious to know if it was her singing in LORD. Her response was really sweet. Lovely lady.

To me, Kalafina was never just Wakana, Keiko, and Hikaru. Kajiura made her presence very well known in all of Kalafina's productions. To read of this news is terribly sad for me, as it marks the end of the "Kalafina" that I know. Sure, the group will continue to live, and a new producer will take over. But they might as well rebrand IMO. I will still follow this group, however, as I am not only a fan of Kajiura, I'm also a fan of the vocal works of Wakana, Keiko, and Hikaru, and the harmony they produce for one another.

We all knew this day would come, and I think now is the best time for such an announcement. A whole DECADE of Kajiura's life was dedicated to Kalafina, and I'm so happy she can breathe again now and go indie. She has left behind a GRAND collection of Kalafina pieces. I don't think there's any more new "Kalafina sound" I can ask for from Kajiura.

I'm just saddened that the next Acoustic LIVE will not be produced by Kajiura .... I had made plans to finally attend one next winter ....

Being the devil's avocate here:

As an example. Kaori was with another agency when she was with BJ Girls / Chich Chix. She moved over to Spacecraft when she started working with YK. So... just maybe, her ute himes will follow her out of Spacecraft.

It has already confirmed that the girls won't leave the Spacecraft!! Only Kajiura-san, so we have to wait how she will move like a freelance author and continue to compose for them, like she wants to do!!

It has already confirmed that the girls won't leave the Spacecraft!!
That's not set in stone either AFAIK. If at some point in the future they decide that it's better for them to leave Spacecraft, they will. So let's wait and see for now, I have a positive feeling :)

:idol:
Anywuys, I found some videos of her singing some jazz standards and some other songs, and I got really curious to know if it was her singing in LORD. Her response was really sweet. Lovely lady.
(OFF-TOPIC)
Was it her? And yeah, Joelle's responded to a few of my tweets before, she's really friendly ^w^

Was it her?

Yeh.

About the movie L.O.R.D...you and your friends are so right! I did do a recording for Kajiura san for that movie. Although I am not too sure in which part of the movie they are using it for, for I have not had the chance to see it yet...hahaha. I know there is a Chinese singer that sang the main theme of the movie. It’s the same melody and everything. I’m curious to know if that singer is singing in Chinese or not...I san with Zogo which means “A made up language” created by Kajiura san. I want to let you know I really enjoyed recording that song, and if it’s really my voice that you heard...I am sooo happy!

Kalafina will descend into even more poop and garbage now when acquiring a dime a dozen producer? Can't wait.

In the meantime maybe Yuki will finally be allowed to produce good songs again for the first time since 2006.

I must hear this Kajiura x Joelle sounds like a dream come true

Anyway, back on topic, I am trying to stay optimistic in this, but I'm really paranoid Kalafina's gonna turn into a sh*tty idol group. I remember seeing a post that was published back in 2012/13 talking about this, which has some valid points that have only grown more prominent within the past 5 years. I know it's too quick to jump the gun on anything regarding Kalafina, but I suppose I will have to wait for their first non-Kajiura release to see.

Y'all are forgetting that a lot of the restrictions and stylistic choices that come with OSTs will be directed by whoever's in control of the project in question. Just because Kajiura isn't with SC any more doesn't mean that whoever the director is on the next project she works with will just ask her once again to 'do what she usually does'.

It'll probably give her more freedom to choose projects, but the outcome of work on a series probably won't be any different regardless of whether she's with SC or not.

If this means composing:

1. more original songs for Yuriko, Hanae, Eri, Remi
2. better soundtracks with full on orchestra and original electronica (I mean look at other composers people, there have been incredible soundtracks in the past few years)

then good-bye KalafinaxKajiura collaboration! If Kajiura doesn't compose for Kalafina, Kalafina for me is finished because their vocals are not good enough for me to follow them (except Keiko).

More songs like mezame? duran shoukan? a song of storm and fire?

then good-bye Kalafina :comeback:=evilsmile=

regardless, it's really exciting to see what will happen next!!

wonder what the problem was? money? that female producer being a b? tsk tsk.

1. more original songs for Yuriko, Hanae, Eri, Remi

Unless it's for Fiction III I doubt it'll make a difference. I don't think Kalafina affected the pieces she wrote for soundtracks.

2. better soundtracks with full on orchestra and original electronica (I mean look at other composers people, there have been incredible soundtracks in the past few years)

It's possible. If she starts working with new people that ask her new or different things, then mebbe, hue.

wonder what the problem was? money? that female producer being a b? tsk tsk.

Apparently it was music direction. It's unknown if it was regarding Kajiura or Kalafina though.

seriously though there have been amazing works by other composers. one can only hope.

hmm music direction eh? wonder if that's the truth xD

Still seeing: http://www.spacecraft.co.jp/fanclub.html

梶浦由記ファミリー公式ファンクラブ「FictionJunction CLUB」
FictionJunction・Kalafina
(KAORI・WAKANA・KEIKO・KAIDA YURIKO・HIKARU…and more!!)
http://www.spacecraft.co.jp/fjc/
---------------
〜会員募集中!!〜
お問合せ先
株式会社スペースクラフトプロデュース「FictionJunction CLUB」
S.C.CLUB「FictionJunction CLUB」係
〒107-0062 東京都港区南青山3-1-31
NBF南青山ビル6F
Tel:03-3796-8720(平日11時〜18時)
E-MAIL:fjc@spacecraft.co.jp

*sigh* I hope for good things too... but if they do go with someone new, I am not sure. They won't have the harmonies that they have now, not to mention the awesome band... though Yuki was with them in pictures (no Konno though for some reason, if he leaves then I am really going to be upset) but I think she was just having dinner with them? Or talking about the live vol 14? Which will be interesting. I hope for more cover songs, like life goes on, or Shinkai no Kudou perhaps? I will look forward to hearing reports and to seeing it once it comes on dvd (let's hope). Maybe Kala is staying there because they don't know what will happen with their merch or the upcoming live events? Or are they not by SC? Anyways... just me speculating. I know Yuki is a savvy business woman so she will figure things out. If she want to continue with Kala that is great! Maybe she will produce better songs. (though she's had some great works recently: Hanako, Kubikiri (IMO anyways)) let's hope for a bright future for Kajiura and co. and not worry too much... :XD:

Back