• XenForo had been updated to 2.1.2. Report issues here.

Kajiura left Spacecraft in Feb 2018, Keiko (April 13) and Hikaru (Oct 20) left Kalafina and Spacecraft (confirmed)

Kaz

I like Yuki
Ummm... So I have a question here. With Kalafina officially disbanded, and Keiko pulled of the dispute over the name, whose rights is it now to sing Kalasongs? Just curious as I don't know how exactly Ip ownership in Japan works.

grunty

I have reached Yuki nirvana
Sadly I've no idea either. I presume as long as it goes through JASRAC, there's no problem. lol.

Wakana is performing Kalafina songs (as well as Mizu no Akashi) during her lives and Kajiura is performing her own songs during lives (whether she'll ever feature Kalafina songs there we just have to wait and see)... so... there's that...

No idea who gets the money for the rights in the end.

ghostreaper

TETOTETOMETOME
If JASRAC is like SOCAN, it only collects songwriter - composer and publisher royalties on broadcasts and performances. Every time Wakana performs a YK song, YK (and the publisher) gets a royalty. That's how it bascially works. That's if the venue and artist properly fill out the performace forms before / after the show.

ghostreaper

TETOTETOMETOME
Well... If Jasrac is anything like Socan, Ascap, BMI or PRS(UK), yeah.. they'd be on them like stink on weed to get their paper work done.

VyseLegendaire

7 billion humans. She must know I exist
IN Japan you can get away with falisfying the paper work for steel quality and nuclear engineering for decades. I bet the execs are laughing their ass off as the idea of profiting off of an impromptu concert selection.