Yuki Kajiura and Kalafina girls left Spacecraft (confirmed)

Sony / Sacra probably has exclusive rights to distribute them. For the record company what is happening with Kalafina won't affect them. They don't own the Kalafina "brand." The only thing that would affect them is if there is no obligations left on the recording contract and Kalafina moves to another lable. This may be true with YK leaving Spacecraft. What Spacecraft was doing is handling recording contracts, promotions, merchandising, and booking tours. They probably financed the tours (Or Sony did). Some one has to front the money for tours. Until YK and Kalafina find another manager / agent, don't count on any more releases, promotions, concerts, tours, etc. I don't think they'll have to look long or hard. Probably a queue of them lining up to provide their services.

If Keiko gets the TM, I'm sure it won't take long to find a new agency, if that is what she intends to do.
I kinda get the feeling that Spacecraft isn't that big or good of an agency, hue. In fact, quite a few of the artists in the SCProduce page aren't even active anymore, so this change might be for the better.

Keiko probably has it already. It doesn't take long to get a TM registered. And if it's a re-register, probably even less time.

I'm also wondering if this has any connection to Asuka / Aira leaving in 2017. And, I wonder if this will lead to Kaori also leaving. Once the dominoes start falling....

It's against nature trying to separate three parts of the same soul as Wakana, Keiko & Hikaru !! Proof of this is the fact that if you remove one of them, practically all the songs are no longer the same !! So I want to cling with all my strength to the great and evident love that unites them for 10 years !! And I hope with all my heart that the move about the trademark, is just to get all three together and to continue out of the Spacecraft !!

Sony / Sacra probably has exclusive rights to distribute them. For the record company what is happening with Kalafina won't affect them. They don't own the Kalafina "brand." The only thing that would affect them is if there is no obligations left on the recording contract and Kalafina moves to another lable. This may be true with YK leaving Spacecraft. What Spacecraft was doing is handling recording contracts, promotions, merchandising, and booking tours. They probably financed the tours (Or Sony did). Some one has to front the money for tours. Until YK and Kalafina find another manager / agent, don't count on any more releases, promotions, concerts, tours, etc. I don't think they'll have to look long or hard. Probably a queue of them lining up to provide their services.

Actually, you raised some interesting points. I went to the Japanese music rights DB (Ongaku no Mori, https://www.minc.gr.jp) and looked up some Kalafina songs. While the CD recording label is usually Sony Music, the songs themselves have publisher listed as Spacecraft (スペースクラフト音楽出版 株式会社)
So I guess while Spacecraft may not be able to block a new Kalafina band from making new music, they may make some troubles with the old songs.

minc_kalafina.png

Sounds like regardless of what happens there's a good chance of some sort of legal battle. Either Keiko/Kala could sue SC for using the Kalafina name, or SC could sue a "new" Kalafina for using songs that were published by them. Sigh good luck Kalafina!!

Actually, you raised some interesting points. I went to the Japanese music rights DB (Ongaku no Mori, https://www.minc.gr.jp) and looked up some Kalafina songs. While the CD recording label is usually Sony Music, the songs themselves have publisher listed as Spacecraft (スペースクラフト音楽出版 株式会社)
So I guess while Spacecraft may not be able to block a new Kalafina band from making new music, they may make some troubles with the old songs.

View attachment 19787

hmm Progressive is from SME right?
it will be TRULY interesting
SME (Sacra) also able to sue SC

Whoops, nvm then. I guess that would've been to easy, hue.

3 months for a TM registration to be under examination is a bit long to me. It took me only 3 weeks to get mine registered. But then it's a completely different process in Canada.

Wow ! It takes a minimum of FIVE MONTHS to get a Trademark registered / examined in Japan. Longer if there is an objection or conflict. That part I understand. When I did my trademarks I had to do a search to make sure there would be no conflicts. But FIVE Months ? wow... Mine took 3 weeks and 1 of those was taken up by the mail delivery.

I know this was already covered but seeing that 5-month minimum (without conflict) trademark situation, I do hope that
a.) Hikaru has considered the singer's surgery, and
b.) this depressing mess gives her a window of opportunity to get it and recover as much as possible before pressured to do anything business-related.
I didn't even know that Keiko had gotten the surgery but it's apparent that she did so early. I was confused as to why, at first, but that was a moment of ignorance. XD Honestly I would get it myself if I didn't just sing for schools and churches, I miss E2 being my lowest range . . .

What surgery?
The vocal chord surgery? I don't know, in America I remember they used to call it the "voice-lift" . . . However, I don't know if there's more than one kind, and I'm talking about the correct one.

Back