Yuki Kajiura and Kalafina girls left Spacecraft (confirmed)

Well, if Keiko is applying for the patent, would it be safe to assume she's not the one that's leaving?

sorry guys i don't really understand about that trademark issue...

Well, if Keiko is applying for the patent, would it be safe to assume she's not the one that's leaving?
maybe I am understanding wrong but wouldn't Keiko applying for the patent mean she is the one leaving?
Basically as a way to stop spacecraft from using the Kalafina name/logo once they disband

maybe I am understanding wrong but wouldn't Keiko applying for the patent mean she is the one leaving?

The message from the fanclub says one is leaving, and two are staying. It wouldn't make sense for Keiko to get it, and then leave the band.

The message from the fanclub says one is leaving, and two are staying. It wouldn't make sense for Keiko to get it, and then leave the band.
My bet would be Hikaru, judging by her vocal issues. She needs treatment or surgery if the damage to her vocal cords are severe. Therefore she shouldn't be singing through the healing process which will be a couple of months

so it will be like original Kalafina and after several months it comes back with recent Kalafina, is it?

tbh i feel like it's actually the opposite - or in other word i agree with @Mike852605, if we're going by examples by kpop artists. take Shinhwa for example, the members left their agency and have to fought some lengthy legal battle to keep their name and to name their own agency "Shinhwa", or the more recent T-ara. all the members left the agency and the agency trademarked the name so they wouldn't be able to use the name T-ara anymore and the members are now persecuting this matter so they would be able to use the T-ara name for their future activities. same case goes with b2st which have to change their name to Highlight.

If Keiko's the one who leave and decided to follow Kajiura, it would make sense for her to apply for the rights to use Kalafina's name, seeing the name was made by Kajiura so that the remaining members/the agency couldn't use the name Kalafina anymore for their future activities. the members who're staying with the company could just left the name/trademark matter to their company and wouldn't have to apply for the right themselves.
if the company intends to keep using the name Kalafina they should be the one who apply for the trademark/right to use the name seeing as they're the one who will be managing the group. applying for the right/trademark to use a brand/name could mean 2 entirely different things, to be able to keep the right for using the name and to prevent other people to use the name.

tldr: afaik in most cases the ones who're leaving are the ones who apply for the right/trademark for the name of the group, before the company applied for the right/trademark of the name.

edited again because lmao some people lives for nitpicking. it's not like we're talking about anything else here. same difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please stop saying "patent", trademarks and patents are totally different things and we don't really need to increase the confusion.

tbh i feel like it's actually the opposite - or in other word i agree with @Mike852605, if we're going by examples by kpop artists. take Shinhwa for example, the members left their agency and have to fought some lengthy legal battle to keep their name and to name their own agency "Shinhwa", or the more recent T-ara. all the members left the agency and the agency patented the name so they wouldn't be able to use the name T-ara anymore and the members are now persecuting this matter so they would be able to use the T-ara name for their future activities. same case goes with b2st which have to change their name to Highlight.

If Keiko's the one who leave and decided to follow Kajiura, it would make sense for her to apply for Kalafina's name, seeing the name was made by Kajiura so that the remaining members/the agency couldn't use the name Kalafina anymore for their future activities. the members who're staying with the company could just left the name/patent matter to their company and wouldn't have to apply for the patent themselves.
if the company intends to keep using the name Kalafina they should be the one who apply for the patent/right to use the name seeing as they're the one who will be managing the group. applying for the right/patent to use a brand/name could mean 2 entirely different things, to be able to keep the right for using the name and to prevent other people to use the name.

tldr: afaik in most cases the ones who're leaving are the ones who apply for the right/patent for the name of the group, before the company applied for the right/patent of the name.

i wonder why only Keiko leaves. this is just me, but i think Keiko is the most potential one to have a solo career, not following YK

but then again if Keiko is indeed staying then we could say that she has such a strong attachment to the name Kalafina that she has to apply for the trademark herself. anything's possible, it's only speculation at this point.

Japanese speakers, plis 2 translate~

https://twitter.com/kazusi_h?lang=en

This person is saying Wakana is the one leaving, but I'm not sure if it's just speculation.
Speculation.

The person thought so because Wakana started crying and the one who consoled her wasn't Keiko next to her, but Kaori. Then at Kalafina Club (on the radio) they said that Wakana is normally Kalafina's Wakana (but why would that matter, whoever is leaving hasn't left yet).

EDIT: The person is stating more reasons, but it's all just speculation.

My first thought is: Hilkaru is leaving. She's the one, by YK's statements, the most likely to leave Kalafina.
My second thought is: Wakana is leaving. She has tied her career to YK and YK enjoys using her vocal talents.

Keiko is the one I don't see leaving Kalafina. Still: one member leaving, will probably prompt the others to follow. I can see Keiko filing for the Kalafina trademark. Some research should be done to see if this is a transfer or a new application. YK may have trademarked it and officially handed it over to Keiko... If it wasn't for Keiko, Kalafina would been a one off concept anyways. She is the group's core and leader.

edit: A funny thought. Any one remember the band Sweet ? Well when they broke up they all set up there own Sweets: Andy Scott's Sweet and Steve Priest's Sweet still tour. I wonder if that will happen with Kalafina. Kalafina 2 would be known as Keiko's Kalafina.... etc... just a thought

I think and expect that Keiko is the one leaving SC, but honestly it would be better for Hikaru to be the one who leaves, since if she stays in the company it will be a matter of time till they make her be in hiatus (or whatever its called). But how would we know, we'll have to wait

@ grunty: Lets see how it turns out first.

@barbi: Wakana has her own set of vocal issues, even though she overcame them and developed new technique, her voice is still not as she was back in YK #vol 2, so her quiting is also possible, Also she's the oldest among them. And a rock/metal style band with Hikaru and Keiko would made sense imo.

im afraid that all this puts in danger the till few weeks ago almost certain release of the 10th anniversary concert. And there were so many rare songs performed too :(

Back