Kajiura and Shiho Terada working on BGM for J- drama "Anti-hero" (OST release: June 5, 2024)

Hmm. The previous show in this timeslot was Sayonara Maestro (started in January) and had an OST released on Mar 06, 2024 by Anchor Records but distributed by Sony. It was Yuugo Kanno though... I feel like I see 10 albums a year from him...

Fingers crossed, eh?

Edit:
Hmmm... going through the shows from this timeslot backwards:
Worst to First OST on Dec 06, 2023 (Anchor Records/Sony)...
VIVANT OST 2cd on Sep 6, 2023 (Anchor/Sony)
The Last Man OST on Jun 7, 2023 (Anchor/Sony) (+ digital only Vol2 on Jun 25)
Get Ready OST on Mar 8, 2023

They seem to be available internationally on streaming and have hirez releases available to all on ototoy, too.

Well then... lookin' good and promising. I'm marking Jun 5 in my calendar. Plz2notdisappoint.

My order will have to wait til ALI PRO later that month though...

Last edited:
Did Kajiura wrote kajiurago for Shiho Tereda BGMs or the music at 5:00 is still considered a main theme by Kajiura ?

I imagine that's another Kajiura track. There's a few in there that sound like Kajiura. We shall see when the OST hits.

Also, I've replayed that 20seconds of Eri from the end more times than I'd care to admit...

True, im asking cause the announcement was only for the main theme but i guess it also includes arrangements. BGM resembles Pri Pri and Hanako in style.

I don't think we're sure the announcement was only for main theme (or was it? heh)... They just singled it out for some reason... Hence why I was being cautious Re: previous multicomposer projects.

We'll see what we get. I like the other Hanae acappella theme in the middle of the episode, too.

Last edited:
I like the flute bits of the main theme quite a bit; somewhat more sombre than the usual flute we've been getting recently (fena, vanitas etc) which I like. tokyo konsei is also very good. not sure how i feel about Eri's part, it's... happy compared to the rest of it; somehow it doesn't fit. Hanae is haunting as always tho.
there's plenty to release already lol, better do it and not have us wait till WS3

Interesting set up with the music so far. Seems like a more even collab based on this first ep tho Demon Slayer had Kajiura tracks up until like ep 5 so who knows how long she'll have a presence with this show.

The Kajiura tracks, or at least the Hanae tracks, sound great, and Eri was a delicious surprise in those last seconds (is this the first time Kajiura used two vocalists in an ost track?) I do have to say tho, the music does not match that well with the visuals. Kajiura's music is just way too dramatic for how restrained this show looks.

Is this the first franchise that has Hanae and Eri vocals combined in one track? :ayashii:

And btw, since the director of the show knows Kajiura(a fan), she was asked to only compose the main theme then she ended up providing several osts https://twitter.com/ist_yohei/status/1779508572445102400 so this is why she was credited as the main theme and also composer as was tweeted in her staff account
and most likely Shiho Terada will be showcased more in upcoming episodes

So from what I understood in his previous tweet, main theme will be played every episode...so it's not like Kimetsu where they played her piece then never again lol

For the multiple vocalists question.
I think this might be the first time they are all prominent in a BGM rather than one soloist with the rest relegated to chorus or backing vocals?

For example, RHH1's "walk on your destiny" lists Yuri, Hanae and Yuriko but only Yuri gets a solo and the chorus is what it is.

@wat11 interesting you would get the impression of "happy" from Eri's part.

Last edited:
Well, I didn't expect that. It's a good involvement and I'm happy (happier if they release an actual standalone cd soundtrack). She even used Tokyo Konsei lol

I used AI to get a clear sound of some tracks, if someone is interested.

https://twitter.com/piano_shiho/status/1779879653777518681

『アンチヒーロー』
第二話試写会に伺ってきました!
第2話の展開すごい!!
そして終了後は由記様と音楽談義をたくさんできて、幸せな夜です
🌟
皆さま第二話もお楽しみに
🥰

#アンチヒーロー
#梶浦由記

GLNnHD-b0AAN8LA.jpg

GLNnHEAb0AEfUhl.jpg

GLNnHEAbYAAFEso.jpg

@grunty I think compared to Hanae, Eri tends to sound more-disney like and them being in the same bgm made me compare them. It's a new sensation to have Hanae and Eri in the same bgm lol

(is this the first time Kajiura used two vocalists in an ost track?)
I think this might be the first time they are all prominent in a BGM rather than one soloist with the rest relegated to chorus or backing vocals?
There's Fate to Zero which has Yuriko in the first part, Eri the wailing voice, and then Yuriko again (mebbe Eri too).
Historia OP 5 with Kaori and teh Kasahara.
Bloody Rabbit has both Wakana and Yuriko alternating parts.
There might be a couple more.

Welp, had some private matters to attend to but RETSUGO~

// cool cool, some more audible parts of the jazzy track from ep1
doesnt even feel like regular kajiura kajiurago which makes you wonder if its kajiura for sure... or maybe they muted the lead voice and this is just the backing?

// that acappella hanae theme is nice but the intense choir part in the middle is still meh.

// lol they really don't want to play eri's first part of the main theme in the episode...

// wonder if thats a different arrange of the main theme or just an extended ending...

yea so I basically still only want 3 tracks... the rest feels so over the place... and ranges from terribad to wut to eh to maybe?

edit:
darnit, thought we could maybe edit a longer version of the main theme but one part doesn't connect to anything and I'm confused :|
unless the version from the ep1 opening is actually the right way the instrumental blows up... rather than blowing up with Eri like in the ending...
eh Iunno. might as well wait... ^_^

Last edited:
Well, I'm living for this OST right now and I didn't even know about this show two weeks ago lol
After isolate the music again, I'm pretty sure Kajiura is providing (main) vocals at some point of the main theme. Maybe they used the demo version in the dump scene lol

// cool cool, some more audible parts of the jazzy track from ep1
doesnt even feel like regular kajiura kajiurago which makes you wonder if its kajiura for sure... or maybe they muted the lead voice and this is just the backing?
What's wrong with this? I have been feeling this track so Kajiurago since ep1, a PriPri soundtrack changing from REMI to Hanae (and it seems that it has its own backing vocal btw).

Back