[Just Thoughts] Album with fair distribution

BuradoChi

I like Yuki
I want to give a suggestion how an album with fair line distribution would like
There are 5 songs with only one vocalist
There are 10 other ones with 2 vocalist each (each possible combination)
A one with all of them
You can include in three of eleven of this Hikaru or replace someone in one of this songs with her
And so it looks like
Main Vocal :
Kaori
Keiko
Wakana
Yuriko Kaida
Yuuka
Kaori/Keiko
Wakana/Yuriko Kaida
Yuuka/Kaori
Keiko/Wakana
Yuriko Kaida/Yuuka
Kaori/Wakana
Yuuka/Keiko
Yuriko Kaida/Kaori
Wakana/Yuuka
Keiko/Yuriko Kaida
All 5 together

I'd rather have a Keiko solo CD with Yuriko on chorus.
Or another FJ YUUKA solo CD with Yuriko on chorus.
And a solo Yuriko CD with Yuriko on chorus.
I don't need 5+ singers cramped together.

Only because it's a given. I'll take Kajiura/Nishina on chorus, too. Only Yuriko was listed in the first post.

My post was more a form of theory. It ask, how would an album with only FJ Members and an equal amount of lines for each member in a fair share. if you want an Album with a strong Yuriko Content, you can have one with Keiko Content, etc..., but I want to hear a critique, which says what is wrong with the album and how the album can be better. What I or the others want, should not play a role in this sort of discussion. I would not have a problem, if the whole album is just Kaori, but it will not be fair in face of the others, so I have reduced her role to a minimum.

I would not have a problem, if the whole album is just Kaori, but it will not be fair in face of the others, so I have reduced her role to a minimum.
See, I find this ridiculous.
Is there even a point if they are all reduced to minimum?

My post was more a form of theory. It ask, how would an album with only FJ Members and an equal amount of lines for each member in a fair share.
So I guess that would be my response to your hypothetical "fair album" with 5 singers.

Kajiura is having enough trouble making Kalafina interesting without typecasting 3 girls to the same roles in every song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kajiura is having enough trouble making Kalafina interesting without typecasting 3 girls to the same roles in every song.
Sometimes I wish Kajiura didn't do this to begin with. Yeah, giving each girl a specific role is good and all, but not every song needs a Wakana on high harmony, Hikaru on middle harmony and Keiko on low harmony.

We know that Hikaru can sing really, really low and also has a good falsetto, if not underdeveloped. We know Keiko can hit notes as high as Hikaru used to. Wakana also sings middle harmony on occasion (love come down). Mixing up the roles would've made Kalafina way less stale musically and would help round out all three girls since, right now, their weaknesses are becoming very very obvious.

If i say role than I mean not a specific role but how strong a person will be recognized by others. It is more the philosophical understandinf of role than the one normal people would have. I for myself think that sing a song is maybe the justest song of all of them, because no one is more in focus than the others and it includes Hikaru as well. Maybe my Album suggestion is a bad one, but then I want to know why it would be a bad one, and I will change it immediately. But I think that is the nearest in terms of fairness.

I have 2 critiques.

1) I believe a lot of people here know what a Wakana-Keiko song is like. Far less, know of how a Yuuka-Keiko song (I haven't heard them sing together before, and since both are my favourite, I would kill for that song even if its junk.) sounds like. I would say pairings we haven't really heard from, hopefully there's a higher chance of making it. Even if it sounds like aforementioned junk, at least there's a hill for people to die on.

2) Live song arrangements so that it doesn't kill one or more of the girls I will use Kalafina as an example. Imagine a Magia-Aria-DU-love come down arrangement, or similarly a Lacrimosa-Kantan Katan-Oblivious-Believe. It would kill Hikaru and Wakana respectively to sing this arrangement. That's the issue with arranging songs with one girl main nowadays- it effectively minimises what that girl can do for the next song, maybe 2 as she needs a while to recover.

And thats why it is just a hypothetical album which will never exist in the real world, it is more an idealistic than a realistic album. Idealistic in the term that it contains just as many as necessary and as few as possible without destroying the other ones. I think a Kalafina ALbum with fair distribution is far more easier, because you have only 3 singers and no fan can say " Hey, my utahime is not so often on it or this utahime is more often on the album because everyone has the same amount of share.

Tbh that's why the most ideal outcome is to have utahimes who have less time to shine to get their respective solo album, aka grunty's suggestion.

Even though i'm not a really big fan of her voice i wouldn't mind another FJYuuka album because (imo) working with her brings out the best in Kajiura. Complaining about how the songs would fit another utahimes would undoubtedly come out later but for now i'd settle with having actual good songs, which are far in between in Kalafina releases.

That's the issue with arranging songs with one girl main nowadays
No, that's an issue with arranging songs for girls who can't handle it.

Anyways, I don't want to argue or offend anyone so I'll leave now. For me the ideal would be Kajiura ditching her "group" efforts.

Back