Is cdjapan a trustworthy site?

M

magicmagiamahou

I'm just a little worried, apparently someone can steal your money through paypal if you buy something without using an account, so is it safe to buy things from there?

Don't worry. I've made 40+ orders on CDJapan and I never had any issue.
If you want to be relieved though, you'd better create yourself an account.

Same here. I've bought numerous items off there over t he years, and I've never had any problems.

You might as well register your own account - there's an additional benefit of accumulating points with future purchases, which you can use to get discounts later on.

Yes, never had any issues. I think they just started using Paypal though, since I always would just get one email confirming the payment. But now I get the receipt and the confirmation. But I've been with them for awhile and not had any problems. They even sent me some points when I said about the defective Kalafina record.

I think they just started using Paypal though
Nope, I've used it for years before finally getting my new MasterCard, as my previous credit cards almost didn't work at all outside EU. What's pretty new (I think that was added at most 1 year ago) is the ability to order through PayPal with no need to register, though I don't recommand it.

the first time I ordered from there I did so without making an account and using paypal, back in 2011. It seemed fine, though after that I ended up making an account to take advantage of the points you get with each order

The 3 CDs I have, also got them via CDJ, with only the storia single having a crack on the front side of the case, but the latest I got (Madoka ost collection) arrived in perfect condition.

You might as well make an account anyway. You can get points 1p= 1 yen off.
It adds up. My Budokan lives came in perfect condition

I got the new Chiaki album for half off because of the points that I had. But I guess it's a matter of preference. Since someone said HMV was better for them. But when you see the lock symbol up in the upper left hand corner of the browser in the url box, that means the site is secure. I said it before, just if someone didn't know. Paypal is always secure. But when you don't make an account it should still be secure because of that. It just uses your paypal account by using your debit or credit card, or whatever version of "bank account" there is. I hope that helps. I know it's simple knowledge, so I am sorry if you knew that already.

^ HMV shipped the bonus posters from the Budokan lives folded, whilst CDJapan shipped them rolled up in a tube. That's enough reason to not use HMV for me.

Wow, did not know that. I am glad I used CDJ then. I mean, mine got a little warped when I rolled it the other way, but still. I would have been upset if it was folded.

CD Japan have always been good to me also, and helped with things like the YK LIVE vol. #11 elemental Tour 2014 Tour Original Making DVD and reply well to queries.

PS, as others have said, CD Japan's packaging is excellent. (If I have to order something from another Japanese site I do so via fromjapan.co.jp to get the order properly packaged).

^ HMV shipped the bonus posters from the Budokan lives folded, whilst CDJapan shipped them rolled up in a tube. That's enough reason to not use HMV for me.
it was definatley hard to get that thing out of the tube. First it was cardboard THEN green paper and more white paper to hold it in place around the middle. It confused me at first XD but i'd rather that then a damaged item.

Back