[Hypothetical] If Kalafina ever had a cover album...

N

noGenerators

Who/what would you want to be on it?

I mean cover album in both senses (an album where Kalafina covered popular songs - perhaps similar to what they do on Kalafina Club, but official, or an album where other artists were invited to cover Kalafina songs).

I haven't completely thought this out yet, but curious to see what the forum has to say about this.

I don't know abou kalafina, but I would love to hear FJ covers of Suteki da ne from ffx and ALIVE from digital devil saga 2

Even if she had her old voice, Wakana's vocal capability is nowhere near the level required to be able to perform a Kokia song lol so please don't she'd just embarass herself

At one point i really wished Kalafina covers Kokia's Tatta Hitotsu no Omoi but now I realize they most likely would just ruin it (and that song is one of Kokia's easier ones to sing)

If Kajiura Yuki was to somehow get permission from Howard Shore, I would love to hear Kalafina perform their own version of the vocal tracks from the LotR OST.
My favourite movie and my favourite band, this woudl be a dream of me :love:

At first I was gonna comment with a Kokia song, but I agree with ritardando that they could never bring the song near to Kokia's level. Maybe Yuriko would be the one to do it better, but even so...
If there's a song I always think would be amazing sung by (old) Wakana is "Somewhere" by Within Temptation. Her voice would make it more melancholic, sad, painful (?) and with Keiko and Hikaru backing her, the chorus would be great :plz:
Anyway, a cover album would be lovely seeing how beautiful their radio covers sound :dote:Would be great too if they choose a lot of different styles rather than generic jpop/anisong songs ♥ pleaseJazzKeikoplease

I don't know if anyone has said it before, but MY DREAM is a collab between Kalafina and Lindsey Stirling. Like those Lindsey has in her albums (Shatter me, for example; she invited a singer while she plays her violin as always. Lindsey never sings). I know it would be kinda weird, but hey, it's a dream.

I don't know if anyone has said it before, but MY DREAM is a collab between Kalafina and Lindsey Stirling. Like those Lindsey has in her albums (Shatter me, for example; she invited a singer while she plays her violin as always. Lindsey never sings). I know it would be kinda weird, but hey, it's a dream.

I'd be up for that. They could make a good combination. Although anything would be better than most of the collabs on her new album, ugh.

Instead of covering a KOKIA song, why not a collab? She'd synchronise with them a lot more easily than LiSA tbh.

Instead of covering a KOKIA song, why not a collab? She'd synchronise with them a lot more easily than LiSA tbh.

The great difference in their singing skills would be seen if they ever stand on the stage together. Save Kalagirls the embarrassment :p

Instead of a cover album, what would a Kalfina album be like if the singers participated in the writing of the songs ? That would give the group a whole new dimension. I know none of them have said they write songs. Still.. I wonder if they do and if they could contribute.

The elephant in the room, the low-hanging curve-ball is this: Anything by ABBA ! 'The Way Old Friends Do','Arrival','Eagle', and 'I'm a Marionette' would be So Cool(among others...)! Where am I wrong,eh...?
How about some covers/reinterpretations of another Kajiura favourite, Mike Oldfield. I'd love to hear how Kajiura-sensei and the girls would interpret the last part of 'Ommadawn Part 1', with its mysterious lyrics that are (I believe to be) Kajiurago's ancestor, with Korenaga-san whipping his guitar to feverish pitch--it would be a worthy cover! Of Oldfield's more pop stuff, a lot of the songs Maggie O'Reilly sang for him would be good candidates--'Family Man'(his version is so superior to what Hall + Oates did with it),'To France','Talk About Your Life', or 'Five Miles Out'(Kalafina would do nothing short of making a good song incredible!). Then there is Oldfield's song 'Pictures in the Dark'--Kalafina would be cool, but I could also hear Itou-san contributing to that one,too(those who have a better understanding of operatic voice range are free to tell me why I'd be wrong--I just know what I like!)
And then, there's Depeche Mode: 'Pimpf' would be cool given the Kalafina treatment, but I'd be fascinated to hear them tackle any DM material--'Pipeline', 'Black Celebration', 'The Mercy In You', and 'Sister of Night', a DM song that could've been great if they'd just gone for it! In DM covers, you'd be looking at changing keys and such--Dave Gahan doesn't have the girl's range, after all--but I'd be intrigued to see how they'd interpret them--or maybe I'm just nuts....

I often wonder how much of the Kalagirls' ideas actually get accepted in the production of Kalafina works. Do they ever question Kajiura and ask if things can be done a different way?
Now she takes their ideas more often. Mahiru, for example, was created because the girls wanted a simple song with a piano. They also now usually dictate how a song a sung if they feel like it should be sung a certain way - they did this After Eden for some songs. So yeah, Kajiura does take their ideas into account. She should be, anyway, since they're the ones singing it.

Back