How much of Kajiura's discography have you listened to?

S

sora

I think I have made it through most, if not all, of her anime soundtracks. Live action productions are harder to listen to since I can't seem to find some of them.

Not enough. All of Kalafina's discog, a bunch of select songs from various FictionJunction releases, all the Madoka soundtracks, all the KnK soundtracks, Petit Cossette's soundtrack, the .hack soundtracks, Fiction, a few of See-Saw's tracks, a good portion of the available Hanako to Anne stuff.

I'm still missing a lot.

^ and there are enough performances that are ear memory only (Kalafina at Animelo Summer Live 2011, at FictionJunction CLUB LIVE at Zepp Tokyo, at YK Live vol. #10 and at Otodama Sea Studio 26 September 2013).

All released soundtracks. All Kalafina and FictionJunction. Most of Saeko Chiba and See-Saw. Most songs written for other artists.

I haven't listened to a few songs here and there, mainly older stuff
(according to CPM's discography page)
  • snow - Saeko Chiba
  • Egao no Wake - Kaori Hikita
  • Toki no Sabaku - Mika Arisaka
  • Kakusei, Ou no Kokoro, Shuushou (Tsubasa Drama & Character Song Album 3)
  • Wakaki Yuusha to Kako Naki Himegimi, Kokuhaku (// 2)
  • Joshou, Yukito-ou to Touya, Fai no Takurami (Tsubasa Drama & Character Song Album 1)
  • Shinkai no Kodoku -- Houko Kuwashima
  • Stella no Kizu, Shinkai no Namida, Kanashimi no Stella, Kimi to Boku, Todokanu Omoi (Gundam Seed Destiny OST 3)
  • you are my love (Yui Makino's version)
  • Mai-HiME Promotion You BGM (Mai-HiME Best Collection)
  • Mou Ichido Kimi ni Aitai - Mikuni Shimokawa
  • Tsuki no Curse - Reika Okina
  • The original studio recordings of Kaori Hikita's Namae no Nai Michi and Michiyuki
  • Tsuki no Shijima -Ultimate mix- - Yui Makino
  • Egao no Wake live from Fuga ni Hibiku Uta wo Kike DVD
  • Egao no Iro wa Niji no Iro - Yukana
  • The original studio recording of Calling
  • LOVING YOU - Eri Itou

Hmmmm...I'm going off memory so I might have forgotten some things:

- All Kalafina and FJ, most of FJY
- KnK OST
- SAO OST
- Fate OST
- Hanako OST
- Rekishi OST
- Works of Soundtrack
- Mai-Hime OST
- Tsubasa OST
- Xenosaga OST
- El Caz OST
- Elemental Gelade OST
- Fiction II (but not Fiction)
- Cosette OST
- Pandora Hearts OST
- Madoka OST
- Hokuto no Ken OST
- and some of See-Saw/Chiba Saeko/collabs with other artists

Still need to catch up with her older stuff, like Noir and whatnot :ohoho: I think my favourite OST in general is KnK, but it's because I love the theme soooo much :shy: However based on actual number of tracks that I like, the Tsubasa OST could be the winner because KnK has so many sfx tracks. But I also love the Xenosaga OSTs a lot...actually I love all of them :punched: :ohoho:

I haven't listened to most of them. :(

Only listened to :
All Kalafina and FJ songs
All FJ Yuuka songs (thanks to the live vol.11 mp3) - I still want to listen the studio version because sometimes I just can't stand the songs because of the drumming.

Rekishi Hiwa Historia OST 1,2,3 - OST 1 is LOVE, 3 is okay, not really liking 2.
Future Soundscape 1,2 - LOVE.
Hanako to Anne OST - LOVE.
All KnK OST - LOVE
All Madoka OST - I love most of them, especially Madoka Movie 3 (Hangyaku no Monogatari OST)
F/Z OST - not liking it, deleted it.
SAO OST - still got it somewhere
Madlax OST 1,2 - OST 1 is okay, COMPLETELY IN LOVE with OST 2
FICTION II - Okay. I like 70% of the songs but I don't really like the vocalists' voice.
FICTION - I like the songs but I don't really like the vocalists' voice.
Pandora Hearts OST - Love OST 1, so-so with 2.
Petite Cossette OST - LOVE.
SeeSaw's Dream Field + Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru
Some of Aquarian Age OST I found on Youtube.

Favorite OST would be KnK. I like Madlax OST but I haven't watched the anime so I can't really get attached to it. I really need to listen to her older stuffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe better not... the amount of unreleased stuff might make you rage.
Are there that many? I only recall one piano piece being unreleased.

I've also been listening my way through the rest of tsubasa's osts and I am shocked by how much variety there is. Seriously, why does Kajiura have to be so typecast when she is capable of so much more?

This is like the list your cd collection thread, only a little different. But here goes, pretty much the same as Cerise:
Kalafina All
FictionJunction All
FJY All
Saeko Chiba: everything and melody
Emily Bindiger All (I think)
Dream Port
Haruna Luna
.Hack series All, Xenosaga All, Noir, Madlax, El Cazador, Petite Cossette, Aquarian Age, Tsubasa, KnK All, Mai Hime and Otome, Rekishi All, Madoka, Hokuto, Hanako, Fate/Zero, SAO, Boogiepop, WFS, Elemental Gelade, Pandora Hearts, Achilles to Kame
savage genius collabs
See-Saw and Chiaki solo Most
Mika Arisaka: Life Goes On
Mikuni Shimokawa: Mou Ichido Kimi ni Aitai (one of my fave songs ever and FMP is one of my fave series ever too)
Yui Makino's collabs
tiaraway: Usual Place
Blood the Last Vampire game
Eat-man Image OST
Velveteen Rabbit (one of my fave osts)
Yarudora Double Cast
Megumi Kayashibara: Daikirai
Egao no Wake: Kaori Hikita
Toki no Sabaku: Mika Arisaka
Shinkai no Kudoku: Houko Kuwashima
Tsuki no Curse: Reika Okina
Calling: Kaori Oda
Michiyuki: Reika Okina
Fields of Hope and Mizu no Akashi: Rie Tanaka
Shoot!: Seki Tomokazu (one of my fave actors, and he did a collab with her!)

I may be forgetting some things, but that's all I can think of now. Favorites are Tsubasa KnK (Kalafina! of course) Life Goes On, Elemental G., Rekishi, Madlax (awesome soundtrack), Petite, Fate/Zero, Velveteen Rabbit as well. I do not have all albums but I am slowly collecting.

For me its all released OSTs and singles of See-Saw FJY/FJ, Kalafina, Saeko Chiba's Collad with Yuki and also Marina Inoue's Houseki, Kaori Hikita's 3 singles, and all character song and songs made as inserts of anime, both Fictions, and anyway everything no need to make a list, it will take till tomorrow :P

I have also listened to the unreleased tracks rips for Xenosaga III, Madlax, and elcazador.

@ritardando
Then by all means, do. MADLAX is my personal favorite TV show (and TV OST) she did. If they released a complete soundtrack I'd have it preordered the day it went on amazon.

Since I do not know if our animu tastes are compatible I can also say that if you do not feel HOOKED on the show after 4 episodes, you can stop watching right there without any regrets. There's really no point in continuing if you don't feel super intrigued by the storytelling at that point. Just don't drop it after the first episode...

The ending made me facepalm (not because it was BAD, just how OUT THERE it was considering everything that lead up to it was) but you know what they say - it's the journey that counts! lol.

@sora
Since you watched the show you can try mediaf/?b1oorlxs9rtcn50 (audio spoiler warning for anyone else). Stuff like BGM-25 EP11-B-02 and BGM-32 EP19-A-07 is totally CD material. I also love how BGM-07 EP02-B-02 sounds. Not to mention the alternate versions of places of the holy and saints. I need them.

Love the Madlax unreleased tracks.. sometimes I feel like hacking into Kajiura's computer and take all the recordings :D

I have listened to all the osts and kalafina stuff. My knowledge of seesaw era is not so great but it's ok.

He, not that much yet. I do have her discography on my hard disk, I just... I just have to sit and listen to them; so many :@_@: I like listen to them gradually as I upload (save) them on host sites...

•Madoka, off course, goldie stuff for me
•Kalafina: Actually, I think I need to re-listen to them... it was kinda rushy, I feel like I'm haven't take the time to enjoy them that much. Red Moon's perfomance is perfect :3
•FunctionFiction stuff: I've enjoyed the "2008.07.31 LIVE" one, and YUUKA's "Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol. #11"
...I'm currently on See-Saw.... wow, it feels kinda weird, old stuff, it sounds like a lovely pop group :) (I still have left the 2 last albums)
•Haven't listened to Yuki's solo albums, yet

Soundracks? I don't know.
Last night, I took a sit and choosed MADLAX. Quite great experience!
As I can read the comments, there are unreleased tracks? ok, gotta look from them. Oh wait! I remember I've downloaded a pack with some unrealeased tracks on this site :)
Next on the list: probably Noir... or Tsubasa... garh xD

•FunctionFiction stuff: I've enjoyed the "2008.07.31 LIVE" one, and YUUKA's "Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol. #11"
...I'm currently on See-Saw.... wow, it feels kinda weird, old stuff, it sounds like a lovely pop group :) (I still have left the 2 last albums)

^Erm, it's FictionJunction :XD:

I have only listened to all of FictionJunction releases (excluding FJ YUUKA) and most of Kalafina releases. As for soundtracks, only Madoka Magica, Mai-HiME/Mai Otome, and Hanako to An :...:

If I know any of you personally I would have a field day ripping off your Kajiura music library :ohoho:

Back