“Hikaru”Birthday EVENT 2018" + Kalafina "Wakana" in Concert with the Roma・Italia Orchestra

Aw Hikaru is my favorite, so I really wish there could've been a way to record this because she sang so many of my favorite songs like Houseki, Platinum, Tamashii no refrain, black bird. It's a weird setlist though, for sure. This is all so weird, I have no idea about what they could do with the group moving forward.

M-My heart will go on? And here people thought it would have classical music.

lol...
Good luck, Wakana.

From what I gathered trying to google translate (lol) a spice article (https://spice.eplus.jp/articles/202818), Ryu Masaki sang 7 songs? I'm guessing, based on the article, she sang the musical/movie soundtrack songs, so: My Heart Will Go On (Titanic), Shadowland (The Lion King), I Don't Want to Miss a Thing (Armageddon), and My Favorite Things (Sound of Music). The article also mentions Memory Love too. That's only five, though. She probably sang Waving Through a Window (Dear Evan Hansen) too, so that leaves one other.

lol My heart will go on, I hate that song so much. I guess since Wakana was Kalafina's main singer she's the one who has a lot more options in her repertoire now.
I wonder if she will go solo or not after all, I think she's lovely and I liked her work with Kajiura but I don't know if she has the stage presence for a mainstream pop solo career. Maybe if she only does small lives and more acoustic music, it could work. On the other hand, I definitely see Hikaru going into anison now, and I think that's a good thing for her, she likes rock music (most anison's are a bit rock inspired although obviously poppy too) and she is a good performer who can deliver an "aggressive" vocal style when needed. I rarely watch anime but I've always digged anime music, so I'll be looking forward to that if it happens.

Back