Hi

L

LacrimosaRaven

Hello everybody,
I come from South Australia and I've been a Kalafina/FJ Fan for about a year now (more towards a kalafina but honestly I love both) I've got both Budokan DVDs coming in the mail for my birthday (apparently with a live poster since they hadn't sold out for one of the DVDs :hearts:)
I've always loved the community here, you all seem super nice!
I can't wait to become more active on the site and become more involved in the community!

One day I hope Kalafina come to Australia! With things like OzAsia's festival it's not out of reach! I hope to begin learning Japanese at the end of this year or the beginning of next year. I've sung ever since I could talk and I have a vocal range somewhere around Mezzo soprano and alto. I'm trying to learn Hikaru's part to Magia all on my own! It seems very daunting and scary but I've already found a variety of helpful software and a good fan-made vocal score.

Does anyone know how you can set a profile picture? I've looked almost everywhere around the settings ( all obvious places) but somehow I can't see it. Is it block for newer members? I know some sites do that.
Also like 90% of all links relating to vocal scores are broken on the main site only 3 or 4 work, not even the Magia link works finding the pdf took like 2 hours:orz:.

Anyways, I hope you're all feeling fantastic:chuu:

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay here! :D
About the profile pic, it will took hours before the 'change avatar' appears after signing up. XDD
And nice bday gift u have! I hope you'll get a chance to see Kalafina/FJ soon! :)

Hi LacrimosaRaven - wow a local (to me) person, welcome and I hope that you enjoy your time here!

Firstly, I think that you have to have a few postings and/or replies before the forum software lets you set a profile picture, otherwise all the spam posting robots would add them also.

So far my experience of seeing Japanese musicians live in Adelaide has only been Nobuo Uematsu (composer of much of the music for Final Fantasy) back in 2012 and Shugo Tokumaru at the 2011 OzAsia festival (see this clip, he actually had all his backing musicians with him also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTPu5wcupJM ).

For vocal scores, there are some official scores at http://www.e-fanclub.com/spacecraft/webshop/list.asp?bunrui1=4 but you'd need to order through a site that delivers Japanese goods overseas like http://www.fromjapan.co.jp

Are you studying singing at the moment? Even if you are in high school one can study singing with the Elder Conservatorium after school, or just being involved in a choir is good grounding for solo singing.

If have the chance, try to get along to an Australia-Japan Association of South Australia gathering - there is one at 6pm Wednesday 19 August 2015, and they're held most 1st Tuesdays and 3rd Wednesdays of the month at Caffe Amore (corner of Pulteney and Pirie Streets, Adelaide): http://www.ajaofsa.asn.au/

Welcome! :hi:
Wow, it seems like a lot of newcomers here have been listening to Kalafina/Kajiura for about a year (including myself) :XD:

Enjoy!

Hi LacrimosaRaven - wow a local (to me) person, welcome and I hope that you enjoy your time here!

Firstly, I think that you have to have a few postings and/or replies before the forum software lets you set a profile picture, otherwise all the spam posting robots would add them also.

So far my experience of seeing Japanese musicians live in Adelaide has only been Nobuo Uematsu (composer of much of the music for Final Fantasy) back in 2012 and Shugo Tokumaru at the 2011 OzAsia festival (see this clip, he actually had all his backing musicians with him also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTPu5wcupJM ).

For vocal scores, there are some official scores at http://www.e-fanclub.com/spacecraft/webshop/list.asp?bunrui1=4 but you'd need to order through a site that delivers Japanese goods overseas like http://www.fromjapan.co.jp

Are you studying singing at the moment? Even if you are in high school one can study singing with the Elder Conservatorium after school, or just being involved in a choir is good grounding for solo singing.

If have the chance, try to get along to an Australia-Japan Association of South Australia gathering - there is one at 6pm Wednesday 19 August 2015, and they're held most 1st Tuesdays and 3rd Wednesdays of the month at Caffe Amore (corner of Pulteney and Pirie Streets, Adelaide): http://www.ajaofsa.asn.au/

Yay Adelaide buddies :love:,
I currently take private singing lessons and I've been in choirs since reception. I've never heard of the Australia-Japan Association of South Australia. It sounds interesting. Thanks for all the helpful information :chuu:

Wow you're from Australia? So am I! And a singer? So am I! Loves Hikaru? So do I? Hoping Kalafina comes to Australia? So do I! I'm only fifteen and I have no money but if they ever come to Australia (even in Western Australia, which is ages away, cause I live in Victoria) I'm just gonna demand money and fly there myself if I have to!

About singing, you're learning Hikaru's part in Magia? That's really scary. I mean, I can sing it because I'm a soprano, but it's really hard to get the same edge in it as she can, I hope you do well! I saw your post about how you dislike your singing teacher, and wow, using an app is so unprofessional. My singing teacher's great cause she's had experience and can sing really high and low at the same time, but if you want a great singing teacher, you could always see a singing teacher outside of school, unless you aren't in school...

Really sorry for the long paragraph, just wanted to say hello, and I love your signature (did you get that epic Hikaru gif from youturnitintolight on tumblr? Cause I made it lol). So hi!

Wow you're from Australia? So am I! And a singer? So am I! Loves Hikaru? So do I? Hoping Kalafina comes to Australia? So do I! I'm only fifteen and I have no money but if they ever come to Australia (even in Western Australia, which is ages away, cause I live in Victoria) I'm just gonna demand money and fly there myself if I have to!

About singing, you're learning Hikaru's part in Magia? That's really scary. I mean, I can sing it because I'm a soprano, but it's really hard to get the same edge in it as she can, I hope you do well! I saw your post about how you dislike your singing teacher, and wow, using an app is so unprofessional. My singing teacher's great cause she's had experience and can sing really high and low at the same time, but if you want a great singing teacher, you could always see a singing teacher outside of school, unless you aren't in school...

Really sorry for the long paragraph, just wanted to say hello, and I love your signature (did you get that epic Hikaru gif from youturnitintolight on tumblr? Cause I made it lol). So hi!
Wow, I didn't realise Kalafina had so many Australian fans. I live in Adelaide so Victoria is relativity close too. My family are actually going to see The Lion King in September? I think it's September. I swear I don't think I can get used to that app. My old teacher Megan was so much better. I'm not going to judge my new teacher after one lesson though but I might try to find one specific teacher I know of if my new teacher is unbearable. I'm going to try learn Magia slowly. I've heard all the notes which are achievable but it's the edge. Still, baby steps. I like a challenge, plus I've never tried to learn a song without a teacher's aid before... I'm a liar actually I tried to learn the first verse of Kimi ga hikari ni kaete iku along with the chorus for a part in the vocal piece in my school's preforming arts festival. Although I did better than my try of a different song the previous year (by not almost tripping over a stand) I still failed partly because I had one day of practise due to school camp. Although I'm probably disadvantaged for a bunch of other reasons too. As for the gifs I found them on goggle search but they did all come from tumblr.

Welcome! (I have seen you in the forum obviously, so sorry for my late welcome) but I am Liana and am pretty nice (I think anyways heh) If you have any questions please let me know (not a moderator but I know a lot about Kajiura and co. since I started with Noir and onwards) I love Kala and have seen them twice since they have come to the states. I never thought I would see them either, well at Anime Boston in 2009 they were still new, but I love Kajiura so I was excited and had their Seventh Heaven album already. I went with a friend who kind of liked them and Kajiura. Then again in Chicago (a city near me, where my sister, brother in law and niece live near also, they live in Illinois but near Chicago) at Anime Central, which is a huge convention here. My brother and his fiance go there and cosplay also. And there's also Anime Milwaukee which is even closer to me, but they haven't come there yet. They (brother and friends) are going there now actually. I hope they come to that convention since that would be close and then I could go with them. Anyways.. hope you enjoy your time here and it's nice to see a younger (?) fan. And that's great about the singing. I am taking violin lessons but am not very good. I tried playing for the everlasting songs cover that we did (and sung, but not well) for Yuki's birthday. That was back in 2009 I think? Well, have a good one!

Welcome! (I have seen you in the forum obviously, so sorry for my late welcome) but I am Liana and am pretty nice (I think anyways heh) If you have any questions please let me know (not a moderator but I know a lot about Kajiura and co. since I started with Noir and onwards) I love Kala and have seen them twice since they have come to the states. I never thought I would see them either, well at Anime Boston in 2009 they were still new, but I love Kajiura so I was excited and had their Seventh Heaven album already. I went with a friend who kind of liked them and Kajiura. Then again in Chicago (a city near me, where my sister, brother in law and niece live near also, they live in Illinois but near Chicago) at Anime Central, which is a huge convention here. My brother and his fiance go there and cosplay also. And there's also Anime Milwaukee which is even closer to me, but they haven't come there yet. They (brother and friends) are going there now actually. I hope they come to that convention since that would be close and then I could go with them. Anyways.. hope you enjoy your time here and it's nice to see a younger (?) fan. And that's great about the singing. I am taking violin lessons but am not very good. I tried playing for the everlasting songs cover that we did (and sung, but not well) for Yuki's birthday. That was back in 2009 I think? Well, have a good one!
I'm not really young I seem to be close to Magicmagiamahou and Westkana's age from what I can gather but I guess it terms of most of the forum I am still a bit young. :XD:Seeing Kalafina Live would be so cool! Lucky you! their aren't many cons here but quite a lot of anime shops and stalls at events. Perhaps one day a con will be created or one will come here like it did in Thailand. The strange thing is Miss Revolutionary Idol Berserker is comping to OzAsia which seems very odd since the troupe does shows on exaggerating Japanese media and anime stereotypes, something which seems completely out from mainstream (although that's the appeal, It's marketing was centred around strangeness).

Back