Hello! (and some questions)

O

othellia

Hi! My name's Othellia and I'm from the United States/Seattle. I first fell in love with Kalafina and Yuuki Kajiura a little over three years ago after my friend had me watch Madoka Magica with her. So it's actually a bit embarrassing.... I ended getting several of Kalafina's albums and the Madoka OSTs separately and FOR TWO YEARS I HAD NO IDEA THAT YUUKI WAS THE COMPOSER FOR BOTH. :|

But yeah, sometime last year I ended up discovering FictionJunction as the "missing link" between the two of them, started watching their Live stuff on youtube, and I completely fell off the deep end. I bought all of their albums I could here, and then I started importing their CDs from Japan. (Their Best of LIVEs are my absolute favorites.)

Which btw, story time. So I pre-ordered FotW and THE DAY IT CAME my computer's CD drive stopped working. I had to order a new external drive from Amazon, and the whole time the CD just sat on my bookshelf, unplayed, staring at me. Mocking me. It was terrible.

(I also have just a couple questions; I hope they're not too annoying/asked all the time.)

I've read a bit about the FJC, is it something you can only join if you live in Japan? I know their site says its only in Japanese(ろくな日本語を話せるけど、ちょっと長く掛かる)and they don't post letters overseas, but it doesn't say anything about receiving things. I'm just curious since I am interested in their "Best 20" concert.

Which leads to second question, I've been planning for awhile now to visit Tokyo for a couple weeks in March 2016 and I thought it'd be AMAZING if I was able to see one of the FictionJunction concerts while I was there since they announced the March schedule and everything lines up with what I was planning and yeah. ^_^

But yeah, would it be feasible for me to even ~think~ of joining FJC in time and trying to get a ticket for the "Best 20" one? Or is that just in the WAY TOO HARD category and I should just focus on trying to get a ticket for the LIVE vol. #13 since it's hard enough for Americans to buy Japanese tickets as it is? I love FJ and Kalafina equally and Wakana and Keiko are my favorites of all the singers, so I think I would be overjoyed being able to see either. Also are there any sites/places you guys recommend for Americans looking for tickets?

(Haha, sorry this is so long. I got a little carried away! Nice to meet all of you!)

PS: Also I think the annual birthday present to Yuuki is the absolutely greatest/cutest thing ever.

I've read a bit about the FJC, is it something you can only join if you live in Japan? I know their site says its only in Japanese(ろくな日本語を話せるけど、ちょっと長く掛かる)and they don't post letters overseas, but it doesn't say anything about receiving things. I'm just curious since I am interested in their "Best 20" concert.

Which leads to second question, I've been planning for awhile now to visit Tokyo for a couple weeks in March 2016 and I thought it'd be AMAZING if I was able to see one of the FictionJunction concerts while I was there since they announced the March schedule and everything lines up with what I was planning and yeah. ^_^

But yeah, would it be feasible for me to even ~think~ of joining FJC in time and trying to get a ticket for the "Best 20" one? Or is that just in the WAY TOO HARD category and I should just focus on trying to get a ticket for the LIVE vol. #13 since it's hard enough for Americans to buy Japanese tickets as it is? I love FJ and Kalafina equally and Wakana and Keiko are my favorites of all the singers, so I think I would be overjoyed being able to see either. Also are there any sites/places you guys recommend for Americans looking for tickets?

(Haha, sorry this is so long. I got a little carried away! Nice to meet all of you!)

PS: Also I think the annual birthday present to Yuki is the absolutely greatest/cutest thing ever.

Welcome othellia, to join FictionJunction Club you just need a Japanese mailing address and means of paying from Japan. My travel agent does that for me, but don't want to take on any other customers. Other alternatives could be a friend in Japan, or a forwarding/deputy service. Some others here might be able to help you.

It is worth getting the FJC membership even for attending regular concerts as one gets to bid earlier for concert tickets and also newsletters and FJC member exclusive goods.

Keep a watch on http://spacecraft.co.jp/fjc/info.html for information when bidding dates for concerts are announced (it says there that more details for the Best20 concert will be announced in the December FJC newsletter and they will probably get mentioned on this forum also) and it's worth following Yuki Kajiura and other accounts on twitter e.g. @Fion0806 @fj_news_bot [URL='https://twitter.com/Kalafina_Staff']@Kalafina_Staff [/URL]

welcome to cpm! I can't believe you didn't notice that for two years :o
ouu, what are some of your favourite tracks from The Best of YK Live 2?

Welcome othellia, to join FictionJunction Club you just need a Japanese mailing address and means of paying from Japan. My travel agent does that for me, but don't want to take on any other customers. Other alternatives could be a friend in Japan, or a forwarding/deputy service. Some others here might be able to help you.

It is worth getting the FJC membership even for attending regular concerts as one gets to bid earlier for concert tickets and also newsletters and FJC member exclusive goods.

Keep a watch on http://spacecraft.co.jp/fjc/info.html for information when bidding dates for concerts are announced (it says there that more details for the Best20 concert will be announced in the December FJC newsletter and they will probably get mentioned on this forum also) and it's worth following Yuki Kajiura and other accounts on twitter e.g. @Fion0806 @fj_news_bot @Kalafina_Staff

Wow! Thank you for all the detailed information! I mentioned my plans to a coworker today and he said he has a good friend in Osaka who could probably help me with a ticket. (I don't know if he'd be willing to help me with a full on membership, but at least I feel more set for the Live Vol. #13 concert if I decide on that one. Plus the weather would be nicer for the rest of my trip if I went a bit later.)

Himewakana said:
welcome to cpm!! Nice to meet you :) :)

ghostreaper said:
Welcome fellow new comer who has been a fan for a while.

Thank you! It's nice to meet you bot of you as well. <3

aki said:
welcome to cpm! I can't believe you didn't notice that for two years :o
ouu, what are some of your favourite tracks from The Best of YK Live 2?

Oh god, I know right?! I think the absolute worst was when Consolation came out and they had Mirai and Hikarifuru and I ~honestly~ thought to myself, "Wow. That's cool. They managed to do a collaboration with the series' composer and use her songs to make their own versions with lyrics."
:...:
I felt extremely stupid when I finally found out the truth.

And ooh, favorite tracks... I think I have to go with maze, salva nos (with Yuri Kasahara), and once upon a time there was you and me. Maze because I never heard it before I got the CD and it was really short and catchy, salva nos because I originally prefered listening to the purely FJ-version that's on the Live 1 album but then the operatic-ness grew on me, and then ouattwyam because I like whenever a composer takes one of their happy songs and makes it dark within the space of a measure and vice versa. It's a good medley with a range of emotions, and yeah. I like it.

(I also love maybe tomorrow, but I prefer the version of it that's on their one DVD (really descriptive I know)).

What about you?

westkana said:
Welcome to CPM! :hi:

Another fan from the US! :dote: Except I'm on the other side- Georgia.

*highfives fellow USAer*

You guys probably have nicer weather than us right now. Although I can't complain too much since I really do like wearing sweaters.

Oh god, I know right?! I think the absolute worst was when Consolation came out and they had Mirai and Hikarifuru and I ~honestly~ thought to myself, "Wow. That's cool. They managed to do a collaboration with the series' composer and use her songs to make their own versions with lyrics."
wow. I bet things made a lot more sense when you discovered that Kajiura composed both versions, lol
And ooh, favorite tracks... I think I have to go with maze, salva nos (with Yuri Kasahara), and once upon a time there was you and me. Maze because I never heard it before I got the CD and it was really short and catchy, salva nos because I originally prefered listening to the purely FJ-version that's on the Live 1 album but then the operatic-ness grew on me, and then ouattwyam because I like whenever a composer takes one of their happy songs and makes it dark within the space of a measure and vice versa. It's a good medley with a range of emotions, and yeah. I like it.

(I also love maybe tomorrow, but I prefer the version of it that's on their one DVD (really descriptive I know)).

What about you?
another point to maze and once upon a time from me. I especially like the transition from secret game to maze. you know, I'm not a big fan of Kasahara's voice, so I prefer FJ's version to her salva nos/maze/farewell song.
the Eri Itou medley from vol.10 is probably my favourite part of the CD. voices silently sing gives me chills, and I absolutely loooove the stark transition halfway through once upon a time (I also like how they sang the lyrics for the ring your song part of the song)
hepatica is another I listen to often. took me a while to remember that it's from xenosaga. satoyama main theme is another beauty too. Hanae's vocals are amazing
EDIT: I forgot to mention moonflower D: sorry Kasahara, but I can't help but prefer Eri's smoother voice //hit

so you've listened to Kalafina, FJ, and some Kajiura OST works. have you given See-Saw a listen yet?

sweater weather is the best weather ;p

Last edited by a moderator:
wow. I bet things made a lot more sense when you discovered that Kajiura composed both versions, lol

another point to maze and once upon a time from me. I especially like the transition from secret game to maze. you know, I'm not a big fan of Kasahara's voice, so I prefer FJ's version to her salva nos/maze/farewell song.
the Eri Itou medley from vol.10 is probably my favourite part of the CD. voices silently sing gives me chills, and I absolutely loooove the stark transition halfway through once upon a time (I also like how they sang the lyrics for the ring your song part of the song)
hepatica is another I listen to often. took me a while to remember that it's from xenosaga. satoyama main theme is another beauty too. Hanae's vocals are amazing
EDIT: I forgot to mention moonflower D: sorry Kasahara, but I can't help but prefer Eri's smoother voice //hit

so you've listened to Kalafina, FJ, and some Kajiura OST works. have you given See-Saw a listen yet?

sweater weather is the best weather ;p

Yeah, some of the transitions in the live concerts are amazing. Kouichi's solo between salva nos and zodiacal sign in the 2008.07.31 concert comes to mind.

Like I mentioned, the Kasahara version had to grow on me. Originally I just was like "what is this," but... I don't know. I think part of it too is that it isn't just the vocal parts that are different, but the violin and guitar as well. The entire song has a different "tone" if that makes any sense.

I haven't listened to hepatica as much. I have this weird thing (or maybe it's not weird) where I'll listen to a whole album and declare x and y my favorite songs. And then after a month or so, I'll get really used to x and y and then z and aa will become my favorites. (And so on and so forth.) I just got The Best of YK Live 2 in September, so a lot of the tracks are still pretty new to me.

(Haha, I almost listed moonflower as well, but then decided to try and keep the favorite list as small as possible.)

And I haven't listened to See-Saw yet. Or rather, I've heard Kalafina do some covers, but I haven't heard the originals.

And I haven't listened to See-Saw yet. Or rather, I've heard Kalafina do some covers, but I haven't heard the originals.
I highly recommend listening to indio, seijaku no headphone no naka, and kioku ^_^

Welcome! I am sorry I haven't officially introduced myself yet. I am Liana. It is nice to meet you and if you have any questions let me know and I will try my best to answer. (I am not familiar with buying tickets for the Japan shows, since it is too expensive for me right now. *sigh* It is my dream to see them and Yuki's live in Japan though, since I've always wanted to go.) Let's see, I've been around for quite some time. I love pretty much anything Kajiura and even helped with the birthday projects over the years. Hope you like it here! :dote:

Back