Harry Potter

What did you like more? The books or the movies?

• Definitely the books! More substance, you know.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Definitely the movies. Shorter and nice effects.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The books, but barely

• The movies but barely

• I can't say. They complement each other very well.

• Harry Potter? Ugh...don't remind me....

• Total voters

Ayashii

Parallel Heart
Lemme see. Who likes the HP Book/Movie series?

I personally loved the books but i think that the movies, from the 3rd one are just too short. They cut too many things. Thank heavens they're making the 7th one into 2 parts. ^^ They could never do justice with only a short one. Too many crucial things.

Well, Kerahna, yes it's much more fun to read the books. Especially the 7th one. ^^ The part with Dumbledore's youth is especially nice but sad.

Nick, i liked the 3rd movie but not very much. It didn't have that fantasy, surrealish feeling to it that the first 2 had. + The actor that was playing Dumbledore's role till then died and they changed the actor. I think it's just....very sad what they made out of that book.

The 3rd movie was far less predictable and very notable for some of the scenario features. And the characters changed a lot in comparison with the first two movies.
Speaking of which... I watched the animated "little Nemo", and what Chris Columbus achieved there, he practically repeated in most of his later works. So it wasn't very interesting to me. Maybe the books are richer...

OH-YOUR-GOD!!! You dunno what Harry Potter is? O.o Never Heard of "the boy wizard"? "the boy who lived"?

I guess Rion meant that he DOES know Harry Potter, and a wee bit TOO well... XD
I understand, although I'm not that Potter-hater [I encountered fantasy series that freaked me out much more...]

my favourite fantasy series is Xanth by P. Anthony, and I know many who puke at THESE books. Tastes differ...

my favorite author is Diana Wynne Jones who writes really really unique fantasyish things XD

Yes people, gimme moire suggestions. My Everest-sized pile of books is getting smaller by the second. =)))))))

Oh, btw, Nick. Tell me what you don't like about the Harry Potter series?:D

Later edit: Uuuuhm...i'm guessing...no one really like HP tht much, huh? :ayashii:

Back