H-el-ical aka Hikaru!!!

It’s Hikaru’s Birthday, so here’s what her event track list was.

1: Disclose *Acoustic* (I voted for this so I am very happy! Even if it was a given. Also, congrats FJMaikeru!)
2: Alter-nate- *Acoustic*
3: 咲 -SHOW-
4: Spiranthes
5: 水 - Find Your Answer (Congrats, Atlas and Sania!)
6: 火 - One Step Forward
7: Existence *Acoustic*
8: 紡 -TSUMUGU-
9: (ENCORE) Happy Birthday

We also got a new song! It’s called ‘I Am Me’, and is composed by Saito Dai.

Link to new song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqIjTYXabrY
Thx for the update! Whoohoo one out of my three songs chosen. I'll live. ^_^

Waiting for H-el-ical live BLURAY release though. I'm sorry but IMO Hikaru has the best career so far in terms of music production, yet has the least goods promotion.
I prefer Wakana's solo career over Keiko's, but I may be biased because Wakana at least has two albums out already, whereas Keiko only has one.

Hikaru can get a crowd riled up. I'm sure Keiko can too, but Changing the world's colors and End Roll are her only hype songs, and they're super subpar for me. She can't do Be Yourself well at all.

Oops went into a little rant irrelevant to H-el-ical and I'm pitting the girls against each other on a scale -- forgive me.

I had extremely mixed feelings about "I am me". At first I thought:

1) Hikaru's voice is great. She is very confident, once again proving this type of music is exactly what she thrives on.

2) The song itself is a huge NO for me. Sounds like something that was hastily made in 30 minutes by a bunch of high schoolers, practicing in the basement:

3) Entire instrumental feels like a lazy and chaotic mashup of samples from LiSA's "Empty Mermaid", "Rally Go Round" or "Datte Atashi no Hero", patchworked together, with no sense or idea whatsoever.

4) The key change between verses and chorus made me pause the video for a few seconds to digest. I'm no musician, but did the guitarist decide: "Oh, I'll play this chord now", and the rest of the band just followed?

5) The lyrics leaving me with another "What the [...]". Did Hikaru really write something like this?

And then, it just came to me.

Hikaru clearly decided to jokingly write a cringy "Deep thoughts of a teenage mind " type of lyrics. Because it perfectly suits the track and it's apparently amateur-ish vibes. What we really got is in fact an intelligent, humoristic parody of edgy teen punk music.

After I realized that, the song started to provide me an immense enjoyment and I like it the more I listen to it. Well done, a huge surprise from Hikaru.

Last edited:
I had extremely mixed feelings about "I am me” . . .

And then, it just came to me.

Hikaru clearly decided to jokingly write a cringy "Deep thoughts of a teenage mind " type of lyrics. Because it perfectly suits the track and it's apparently amateur-ish vibes. What we really got is in fact an intelligent, humoristic parody of edgy teen punk music.

After I realized that, the song started to provide me an immense enjoyment and I like it the more I listen to it. Well done, a huge surprise from Hikaru.
I 👏🏽

AM👏🏽

CAAAAAACKLIIIING! :white::imdead:

H-el-ical// - B-day Event 2021
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1QK4y1M7BA

1. disclose ~ acoustic ver.
2. Altern-ate- ~ acoustic ver.
3. 咲 -SHOW-
4. Spiranthes
5. 水 – Find your answer
6. 火 − One step forward
7. Existence ~ acoustic ver.
8. 紡-TSUMUGU-
9. Happy Birthday

Piano Sakurada Hirotaka
Moderator Takeshi Kato

(火 − One step forward :plz: )

im so proud of Hikaru - she sounds so great. she’s the only one who can handle her own songs during a live. also really appreciate the limited reverb on the vocals in this recording ….

The title 'Midnight' is fitting. It's the kind of slow-build track that you have to be in the mood for and might not appreciate on first listen, but that I can imagine myself getting really pulled into alone in the quiet of the night. The rocky climax is a cathartic venting of angst that wraps the tracks up neatly. On the whole, it's very atmospheric and Hikaru's singing is very pleasant to listen to.

This isn't a song you will listen to every day, but when the mood strikes, this song can really immerse you. It's a 7/10 from me.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/harem_official_/status/1429232096287936513?s=19
helical/Hikaru's gonna be doing the op theme for world's end harem anime.

I was so surprised when i saw this on my twitter timeline lmao. I once read the manga (yes idk what possessed me) and idk if it develops a real plot as the premise is basically hentai. The title is very literal and the first 10 or so chapters were also just the protagonist avoiding having sex with the girls as the ratio between men and women is 5:5.000.000, meanwhile the other dude was having the time of his life f**king every day.

@ritarudandoo the concept of world without men used to be pretty popular in science fiction. Futuristic matriarchal dystopia, mocking parodies of feminism etc. etc. We might love it or hate it, but it's hard to deny it can certainly be a basis for an intriguing story.

With this attitude and full of hopes I watched the 2 min premise and read the intro.

Now I'm 99% sure this anime will not belong to any of the aforementioned categories, and instead remain what it appears to be. I expect another 12 ep series that ends with a cliffhanger, forgotten as soon as you watch it.

I might be overreacting, but hearing Hikaru's voice while watching borderline hentai scenes was a traumatic experience.

Honestly it made me sad. I can't really imagine any lyricist being satisfied writing lyrics for this kind of abomination.

Last edited:
Well I watched the anime trailer. On the plus side, the snippet of Hikaru's song sounded good. That's it; that's all I have to say.

Sacred Torch’s covers and track-list has been revealed:

1. The Sacred Torch
2. Determination
3. The Sacred Torch *Instrumental*
4. Determination *Instrumental*

Source: https://h-el-ical.com/news/211004-2/

LEFT COVER: Limited Edition
RIGHT COVER: Regular

D1246E1D-521E-4C7B-BC1A-BF7E22ED41DD.jpeg

I'm looping "Say" over and over again, and genuinely admit I love it. I don't know if I happen to be in a specific mood or what, but there is something endearing about this song that strikes me with overflowing longing nostalgia and warm affection towards Hikaru.

Back