H-el-ical aka Hikaru!!!

How can you get the album? Is it not for sale just yet? Was trying to find it on cdj but with no luck. I want to listen! Also I thought she had to have rights to Kala songs in order to sing them, unless she just gets them because she was part of Kala. Heh I wanted to go so bad. I hope she releases a live dvd like Wakana did.

How can you get the album? Is it not for sale just yet? Was trying to find it on cdj but with no luck. I want to listen! Also I thought she had to have rights to Kala songs in order to sing them, unless she just gets them because she was part of Kala.

Most commercial songs are offered for "mechanical licensing", so in the case of Japan one would pay royalties through JASRAC for public performances or sales of recordings of a song by someone else.

There have been a few weird other cases like the rights to the recording of the backing music of Chiaki Ishikawa's "Like an Angel" where Chiaki Ishikawa was unable to find the rights holder(s) for the recording of the backing music in time for her recent concert, but in general if one had musicians provide fresh backing music, licensing for public performance of someone else's song is straightforward.

Last edited:
I guess Japan isn't as strict then as the US. For the Voice they had to get the rights to Hallelujah, Maelyn sang it beautifully. But that is cool that she is still wanting to sing those songs. I know sprinter was a favorite. It was in almost all lives I think. (Ongaku I know for sure.) Listening to them now actually. haha Good luck Hikaru but I am sure you won't need it. (I want to see Keiko and Wakana in the crowd! And Yuki of course too.

The copyright cartel has stifled art and music in the past 100 years and it shows. Strangely when you only needed perimission to print and distribute your tablatures in the 16th century, music was more diverse and varied and complex. Still the creep of cartelization came in and weakened the flexibility of musicians in no less than 100 years, leading to mechanization of music theory and styles. And here we are debating about the legaility performing Kalafina songs at private events by their original singers. Woe unto us.

I've recieved over $100 from Japan's music society over the last 10 years. No one ever contacted me about using or broadcasting my music. I don't even know who performed it or broadcast it. So I have no idea where this "not being able to perform songs" is coming from. Far as I know, Hikaru and any musician can perform what ever songs they want with no one telling them no. Using copyright recordings is a diferent matter. But she performed all her songs live. So, no issue with that.

I've recieved over $100 from Japan's music society over the last 10 years. No one ever contacted me about using or broadcasting my music. I don't even know who performed it or broadcast it. So I have no idea where this "not being able to perform songs" is coming from. Far as I know, Hikaru and any musician can perform what ever songs they want with no one telling them no. Using copyright recordings is a diferent matter. But she performed all her songs live. So, no issue with that.
Artists don’t own their music, their labels do.

But Hikaru can perform her songs as long as she isn’t televising the performance or recording it. At least that’s what I’ve heard in regards to this issue.

Record lables own the recordings. Publishing companies own the songs, or they adminster them for the composer / writer. Artists can have their own lables and publishing companies. That's what Hikaru is doing with H-le-cal//

I would love to hear some of this work of yours !!

Well then, not particularly surprisingly since there were no new PVs or anything, Gleipnir was moved to April, lol.

Thank you sooo much! Pitchiya said that Hikaru said it will be available everywhere next year. But that's too far away! heh

Arigatooou :touched:

I'll have to go through the whole album later but I think the two new songs are my favorite ones, especially Fili. Out of all of Kajiura's "main" vocalists I'm liking Hikaru, Chiaki and Remi's solo work the most so far.

Do we know of her LIVE will come out on DVD/Bluray?
Or is Hikaru's team not hussling that hard XDDD

Back