H-el-ical aka Hikaru!!!

After 10 listens spaced throughout the day, I would put this on par with Splendore, i.e. below Avaricia but above Pulsation.

And I hate saying that because it’s not as if Pulsation is even bad.

From what i can see, she sings well the songs,the singing melody is good but the instruments are always cheap even among the synched ones, and their melody isnt that good either.

Too bad Kajiura didnt make her a song like the last one, she never used that kind of voice in Kalafina and ilike it !

Oop everyone’s already caught Yolcu. I’m posting this pre-listen, I just squealed seeing it in my Recommended and sprinted straight here! :nosebleed:

I dont like yolcu its very repeatitive and more pop than middle eastern

Hikaru is using an interesting Middle Eastern/Indian aesthetic in 'Yolcu' and it's great to see her experimenting with different ideas and seeing what works and such.

Avaricia is still the best H-el-ical// song though :TdT:

Her songs are composed by others so "she doesnt use"

After six listens, I honestly don’t find it any more or less repetitive than her other up-tempo tunes.

I love it, so far. Fabulous overall theme and message — it reminds me of something I’d tell to many of the girls of south- and west-Asian descent, of which we have a pretty huge population up here in Detroit (from places such as Bengal, etc.), because regardless of the location, these girls are still mandatorily attached to the cultural requirements they were unfortunately born into. It makes me think back to that one makeup commercial (I forget what brand) that shows some neo-Bangladesh girls driving donuts in the desert, burqas off, taking selfies, showing that they are not just above slaves disguised as untouchable treasures, but actual people with feelings! And so I love her chorus buildup “Accept it, blaze, stand up and raise your voice”, as well as the lyric “Get involved and let go!”

Because if those girls were caught filming that commercial . . . . all I can say is that things would happen to them.

Anyway, love the harmony, love the beat, love the decision of nodding to the origin sound instead of a true bridge, I basically see it as a South Asian Splendore in theme.
:love::goodjob:

Well the lyrics are indeed nice and push for confidence and individuality of the muslim (?) women, but you know it wont reach them like that because there are very few muslims in japan, very few people outside japan are into anime songs and among them almost noone knows about Hikaru 😋. Also its not easy to escape a logic thats pressed on you by the whole society of a country you re born in, and isnt just a logic but also a religion and a legal system at the same time. And btw even the immigrants dont seem to want to let go of it

Well the lyrics are indeed nice and push for confidence and individuality of the muslim (?) women, but you know it wont reach them like that because there are very few muslims in japan, very few people outside japan are into anime songs and among them almost noone knows about Hikaru 😋. Also its not easy to escape a logic thats pressed on you by the whole society of a country you re born in, and isnt just a logic but also a religion and a legal system at the same time. And btw even the immigrants dont seem to want to let go of it
Don’t worry, none of this has escaped me. I just take from my father’s experience teaching in Detroit for 32 years.

Hikaru's songs are such a pleasure. They are similar (mainly because of her singing) yet they are different. Such nice variety. I wait for her next song. I've put this one on my mp3 player. I STILL WANT ALBUM !!!!

Was the // in the name from the start?
Edit: Oh dear, it was. Such complicated names. Y?

Anyhuu, good luck to Hikaru (H-el-ical//) in the future.

nuffsaid

Attachments

• 7F0857DA-D933-49D5-9D72-9515B6A25329.png
    7F0857DA-D933-49D5-9D72-9515B6A25329.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 267
Back