H-el-ical aka Hikaru!!!

If only her delivery was better I would really like the song.

Besides a bit of breathing I don’t think the delivery was such a problem because I’m sure as hell feeling it.

Something bothered me about the verses and pre-chorus but I couldn’t put my finger to it - thank you guys for showing me the light ~~~

I agree the delivery is a bit rusty with this new single(?). I just assumed she was going for a frantic mess kinda feel.

However... that change from prechorus into chorus? The key change and cadence and all? WOW I’m blown!

And I don’t know why but when she sang the last line “aishiaeru”, I felt she was singing about KEIKO :T SHOOT ME NOW IVE GONE MAD.

I don’t notice the “sliding” more than maybe twice — everything going on seems fairly intentional to me. Again, what I noticed was the breathing, although from the second listen forward it began to seem like part of the song (like, a double-time Brave Shine moment?) emphasizing Atlas Star’s description of frantic (but not mess).

The color scheme was especially fabulous, as was the art itself, and I was hoping it’d be the single’s cover as well, if she had released it.

I am interested in what the H-el-ical// image will be, if there are plans not to pull a Sia and hide behind artistic symbols. Will she grow her hair back out again (or wigs of course), reminiscent of these gorgeous video drawings?

https://twitter.com/Hikaru_0702_/status/1154405913098244096
These two do like to hang out together

Glad I'm not the only one not over Avaricia -- however, I love the arrangement of the English in this song especially! That harmony!

Gorgeous artwork, as per usual.

It took me a second listen to get over the music, which, as mentioned, does come off as a bit disappointing. I guess this was a lyrical focus, but I love the whole thing a second time around. That guitar solo was especially sexy.

This album is gonna bust my face from my excitement, I swear. Certainly much more pumped than Wakana had me, to be frank.

Back