Go Shiina & (notsomuch) Yuki Kajiura to compose for Kimetsu no Yaiba (S4: Airing May 12)

Well, yea. Edited intro and no chorus on ending at the very least. I've not listened to Egao no Wake much.

Straying way off topic (except for anime with Kaori Hikita singing a Yuki Kajiura composition, Namae No Nai Michi), Amatsuki anime is getting a Japanese-only blu-ray re-release later this year.

https://tower.jp/item/4901594/

Well then... 5 tracks.

1. the Main theme of “Kimetsu no Yaiba"
2. to destroy the evil
3. brace up and run!
4. survive and get the blade,boy
5. voices from the past
6. オリジナルドラマ 「在りし日の兄妹」
7. オリジナルドラマ 「忘れじの一刀」

Lol 5 tracks only as expected. Guest composer it is mrs of ufotable marketing department

EDIT: This show needed 16 episodes to pass to start getting interesting =_= better late than never.

Last edited:
Wow ! I just refreshed spammed the VGMdb page, and here's the track lengths

the Main theme of "Kimetsu no Yaiba" 3:06
to destroy the evil 4:34
brace up and run! 2:34
survive and get the blade,boy 4:01
voices from the past 2:08

This is a good surprise isn't it ?

Yeah, it seems promising.
I hope we are done with the era of so many 1 min 30 (or even less) tracks... It was so frustrating.

I hope we are done with the era of so many 1 min 30 (or even less) tracks... It was so frustrating.
So frustrating. I wish we can get one day a new 音楽集 like she did with Kara no Kyoukai with durations above 10 minutes *_*
Would be so exciting after the Heaven's Feel trilogy ends (but it won't happen, since tracks aren't named M01, M25... ?)

Uh. A big fat No to forced medleys/overlapping tracks from me. I'd rather have tracks with 'proper' start/end.

I miss the days of fast rips and leaks. :TdT:
Hopefully, although El Melloi tracks are around that length. Unless she makes them longer for the OST release.

So frustrating. I wish we can get one day a new 音楽集 like she did with Kara no Kyoukai with durations above 10 minutes *_*
Would be so exciting after the Heaven's Feel trilogy ends (but it won't happen, since tracks aren't named M01, M25... ?)

Ha ha, I'm afraid a new 10-minutes track from her is merely a dream! But 3-4 minutes are really enough for me, I would be happy to see more of them.

I miss the days of fast rips and leaks. :TdT:

Hopefully, although El Melloi tracks are around that length. Unless she makes them longer for the OST release.

Hmm, yeah inside the anime, it's quite short, but I know OST can be way different when it's released, so I will wait until the official length of each track is revealed. My main fear is the absence of a long version OP... For me, it's an outstanding piece and I would love to hear a complete version of it.

43 tracks
such OST should last for 90 minutes I think
90/43= around 2 minutes per track

Taking into account many SFX tracks with small durations, I expect to have good surprises with several 3min+ tracks.

Every single track is either good or amazing (even though I believe literally all of them had the same melody in at least one part of them lol).

Nah, they totally were all built around the same single theme and reprises. And I didn't mind it one bit for some reason. Worked for me. lol. I'd like to hear a version of to destroy the evil without the choir.

Also hearing chiaki with Kajiura again feels surreal.

After one listening, I'm happy with that. There may be few tracks but it sounds well done. What a year to be alive for Kajiura fans and this is not over yet, late August/early September will be amazing, I'm sure.

Back