Go Shiina & (notsomuch) Yuki Kajiura to compose for Kimetsu no Yaiba (S4: Airing May 12)

I guess this is off topic at this point but if anyone didn't know yet, the 2nd volume of Go Shiina's soundtrack will be included with the 4th DVD/Blu-ray released at the end of October.

That disc was called Collection 1 so you assumed wrong. v( '')v

From what was said before in this thread I understood that he is composing everything as it goes (as in not repeating music in the show?). Then again I'm not watching the anime and every track on the first collection has a title (unlike say GOD EATER which was M01 etc) so maybe it's just that he really recorded a ton of tracks. Either case, I won't be surprised if there's a 3rd one and maybe 4th, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed the series but it is too slow paced. The movie seems like a good way to hyper-speed the story and cram it down our throats Fate-style, the slow-buildup in the series is literally mind numbing. They have trouble explaining literally anything about the plot and character backgrounds but that might just be a shortcoming of the original authors.

IMO, the manga isn't much interesting until that spider family appears... The appearance of the Hashira and upper moon made it better, and from now on, the story is just more fun. I guess that the anime would be more intense in the next season as well.

Some big names in Shounen Jump are also slow starters that aren't intersting until they reach vol. 5-6... Bleach and Rurouni Kenshin were like that. I remember that in Bleach case, the publishing in Thailand hadn't cared about the series at all and they hadn't bought the license of Bleach until the shinigami captains were revealed in the story.

It was on Toonami (I didn't even know that still existed lol) last night but at 1230, which I was in bed already, but I recorded it and want to watch it.

Two are out - 1 for Kajiura and 1 for Go Shiina. They are available "everywhere", from youtube through hikarinoakari to torrents.
Go Shiina's 2nd collection comes out October 30 with volume 4 of the home video release.

So nobody's talking about the Newtype Awards 2018-2019 ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/dnrev4/winners_of_the_20182019_newtype_anime_awards/
I know this isn't much important as it doesn't reflect works quality but rather current anime hype, but YK's still talking about this.
Unfortunately, just like last year, she didn't won the best soundtrack. Kimetsu no Yaiba ost is 2nd this year.
It's been 2 years since the Newtype Awards creation (2011) that neither Yuki Kajiura nor Hiroyuki Sawano didn't won the best soundtrack.

But I think this tweet may also be a confirmation that YK will be composing for the future of Kimetsu no Yaiba:
https://twitter.com/Fion0806/status...nechrome&ref_url=https://vgmdb.net/artist/356
"今後の鬼滅も!楽しみにしております! " <- "See you also for the next Kimetsu, I can't wait"
Take it with a grain of salt, as it could also just mean that she will simply enjoy the future of the series .

Back