Go Shiina & (notsomuch) Yuki Kajiura to compose for Kimetsu no Yaiba (S4: Airing May 12)

haha ye it came to mind just as i pressed "post reply" ^^;

4:38 thats pretty long bet it has at least 2 bridges 1 with instruments and one with chorus

based on the sample on iTunes there is a keyboard sound between the chorus and the refrain that was absent in the TV-size

Last edited:
Look for nyaa :plot:

Edit: Huh...pretty okay...nothing interesting going on...but I'll add it on Lisa's song that I can like hehe
Okay I like how she sings on this one though. It's like she's moving along with the music. When the beat goes strong, she will complement it by adding more power/good control on her voice too bad it's a generic Kajiura :spotlight:

Last edited by a moderator:
Listening on youtube. I guess I still like the intro of the song (interestingly not on the 2nd verse) and ending of the refrain lol.
New stuff:
2nd refrain (and song) is infinitely better without those goddamn strings.
Yuriko? for some flavour. Even if nothing particularly interesting.
Some jarring transitions between everything.

tldr: strings ruining everything.

Its a song with nice flow and catchy melody and i like both with chorus and the cello that plays later, the strings bridge was unneeded slowdown.
Sadly its not one of these songs that you can listen non-stop to.

no strings bridge > :idol: (that usual gronti pass)

Speaking of unneeded strings i find myself removing them more and more often: first it was that sao bgm (in this cruel land ? ) with unneeded swordland slapped to it, then the Hokuto no ken melody inside that pripri bgm (everyone has something to hide) , now this, and there was at least one more case. What's gotten into her and she puts strings where its not necessary ?

Last edited:
Well yes it was kinda what made it edo-period-ish, but the other choruses are supposed to be demons so im not sure which fits more.

I think too many anime songs sound like a patchwork of different parts that might sound nice individually but together sound like a jumbled mess. I imagine songwriters and producers under time pressure just pulling random parts from their bag of tricks to fulfill a contract and make a deadline. Kajiura's anime songs thankfully don't fit this stereotype. They tend to be carefully put together, cohesive, and organic. However, I think this new song sounds like a typical jumbled mess of an anime song, like you put a bunch of Kalafina and FJ songs in a blender.

Heavenly Blue, Believe, One Light were all like like From the Edge. It's a problem that Kajiura has had for a while.

I think too many anime songs sound like a patchwork of different parts that might sound nice individually but together sound like a jumbled mess. I imagine songwriters and producers under time pressure just pulling random parts from their bag of tricks to fulfill a contract and make a deadline. Kajiura's anime songs thankfully don't fit this stereotype. They tend to be carefully put together, cohesive, and organic. However, I think this new song sounds like a typical jumbled mess of an anime song, like you put a bunch of Kalafina and FJ songs in a blender.

Yet its still better than the majority of LiSA songs

I would disagree so hard as I actually find a lot of Kalafina anisongs to be more disjointed and have somewhat patch-work like quality of so many elements tied together. Some worked well, some don't. But that's just me and my always controversial opinions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXP70-yXIlI
I didn't see any links to the song in this forum, so I thought I'd post it up here ^

Uhm, literally from 2:24 to 2:46, I sang the Kajiura-go bridge from "heavenly blue" and it just fit. Perfectly. LMAO

I actually really like the song! But.... what was the whole point of the whole "FictionJunction feat." part of the production? I'm genuinely curious.

I actually really like the song! But.... what was the whole point of the whole "FictionJunction feat." part of the production? I'm genuinely curious.
My guess is that, from now on, her collabs with other artists will use that name.

My guess is that, from now on, her collabs with other artists will use that name.

Why would she start that with LiSa when she collabs with other artists since forever ? Maybe it could start though with her first post Kalafina collab with Aimer, but it didnt. maybe its meant to be for upbeat songs see parallel hearts-stone cold = from the edge ? And it bothers me there is no single. Are they going to release all the "FJ feat" songs like that ? And is the Fictionjuction (band name) we knew it before (W+K+K+Y) dead just because wakana left ? I do know that originally the FJ word refers to herself, but why then didnt she used it for Yk live#15? This is confusing.

Last edited:
Why would she start that with LiSa when she collabs with other artists since forever ?
Because she didn't think of that before :p. It could just be an idea she had recently. Sawano is doing the same thing with the nzk name.

And is the Fictionjuction (band name) we knew it before (W+K+K+Y) dead just because wakana left ? I do know that originally the FJ word refers to herself, but why then didnt she used it for Yk live#15? This is confusing.
Who knows~ Maybe the group is in hiatus because of legal reasons with trademarks or Kajiura still needs to establish something with FJMusic.
Perhaps she's using the "FJ feat" collabs to generate hype/interest.
And the last thing, didn't she only use the FJ name for vol. 4 and 11? (Everlasting Songs and Elemental tours).

Yeah the FJ stuff is a bit muddy. Doesn't help that she didn't use it for ASCA.

Back