Go Shiina & (notsomuch) Yuki Kajiura to compose for Kimetsu no Yaiba (S4: Airing May 12)

I really liked all tracks. It's always nice to hear actual development in a track instead of just ABAB. I wish there was more though. Considering the setting, I'm sure Kajiura would've experimented with more sounds n stuff.
@Justisamuel, who sang the Kimetsu no Yaiba theme at YKLive? Or did they use Chiaki's vocals?

Very impressive. I liked all the the tracks and I loved hearing her play around with the leitmotif.

I'll never understand why Ufotable involved her in the soundtrack like this. The whole thing just seems kind of random.

Maybe they wanted Kajiura to do the whole thing, but she was busy bee with HF, SAO, and El Melloi, so they only asked her to write the main theme.
Or Go Shiina asked UFO to invite her.

@Justisamuel, who sang the Kimetsu no Yaiba theme at YKLive? Or did they use Chiaki's vocals?
My friend, it marked Keiko's comeback to the scene. She appeared from the dark, standing from the top of the scene in her beautiful outfit.
She took her time to cover Chiaki Ishikawa's original voice. This part, incredibly moving, was even more soul-stirring knowing what happened to Kalafina. An outstanding moment. Then came the other girls to perform the choirs, and it was one of the best shivers of my life.

Amazing Soundtrack!!!
I just want to add that at the concert they sang "the main theme of Kimetsu no yaiba" and "to destroy the evil." At the concert I thought it was a single song, maybe it was a special arrangement ....

@Justisamuel Oooh nice. Hope we can hear it someday. Keiko's nasal singing is bretty good in Serenato.

I just want to add that at the concert they sang "the main theme of Kimetsu no yaiba" and "to destroy the evil." At the concert I thought it was a single song, maybe it was a special arrangement ....
I think the anime also combined both... IIRC hue.

That was really good. I enjoyed Chiaki's vocals very much but the fast part at "brace up and run" was uneeded to be this short, should've been longer. The instruments all sound very well played too and the melodies combine well together. Sad that Kajiura didnt take longer part of the soundtrack..

After listening again i noticed that the harp and later the strings at 2;21 of "survive and get the blade" have "(if) you are my love" melody from tsubasa, i dont mind it it though since it was very secondary.

Last edited:
At the concert in my memories, they played the first half of the main theme (slow vocal) and the second half of to destroy the evil (choirs). It was a special arrangement.

If she had taken longer part of the soundtrack, all we can imagine would have been having those 5 nice tracks lost in an ocean of SFX tracks , so maybe that’s better like that :p

my review :

- the main theme: Chiaki's voice gives me the chills. I think her voice fits so much. That lovely koto (???shamisen?? help) and Chiaki and cello. brilliant x2. then lovely strings. intermittent cello then strings+koto. Ending with Chiaki + atmospheric sounds. The leitmotif is so good, so Japanese (?) and can be abused in so many great ways which Kajiura took advantage of. and gladly so. This reminds me of Hokuto no Ken; the main theme is at that level which in my book says a lot.

- to destroy the evil: evil Chiaki haha. strings drums dominate and then lovely flute filled with emotion. blends so well. you take a break with easygoing strings of the leitmotif. Then tokyo konsei hits. If anyone's reading my posts, in recent years, Kajiura used Tokyo konsei terribly. It was really bad and I stressed it so many times. I have to say I didn't mind this one. Though I admit, it could be improved (or taken out altogether).

-brace up and run! : Kajiura toys with emotions on this one. love it. you're calm, confident, then hurried then calm again. I like the length of the fast part actually; it added character to the piece (plus that subtle guitar!!)

- survive and get the blade, boy : hands down my fav rendition of the leitmotif. lovely drums and tense strings. leitmotif with flute. that flute is love love. what is great here is one simple thing : THE WHOLE TRACK SEEMS TO TELL A STORY. It has parts that develop very well and makes one whole experience in the end. simply love it.

- voices from the past: this is also so good. so relaxing, haunting.

Despite being 5 tracks, I give this ost 9/10 ! ! There is thought, real sweat as to what emotions to pour in each track albeit with one leitmotif :)

Uhm, guys, I've scrolled up this thread (starting from around page 13) and unless I missed any post, maybe you want to know that "from the edge" is also available in Spotify (again, still only its TV size version) under the artist name of "FictionJunction". [LINK HERE]

*Confession: I let out quite an inhumane gasp when I found the page*

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the one on qobuz.

Code:
https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/ma/qn/n11kwy2gnqnma_600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I actually didn't check your link before posting mine. Could've just said "seems like it" instead of posting it, lol.

PS. 2.5EUR for a tvsize? Jfc...

No Kajiura news sadly but,
Go Shiina made a new insert song for the last episode with Nami Nakagawa, and it will be released on the 30th of August.
https://vgmdb.net/album/89278
Edit: his soundtrack details are also updated, and I’m wondering why and how is it necessary to use so many instruments to produce in the end only a random soundtrack.
https://vgmdb.net/album/86793

Last edited:
No Kajiura news sadly but,
Go Shiina made a new insert song for the last episode with Nami Nakagawa, and it will be released on the 30th of August.
https://vgmdb.net/album/89278
Edit: his soundtrack details are also updated, and I’m wondering why and how is it necessary to use so many instruments to produce in the end only a random soundtrack.
https://vgmdb.net/album/86793

Shiina is composing Film score which every scene has a unique music made for it and he did about 600 track for the whole show so no surprise their is a lot of instruments.

Back