Go Shiina & (notsomuch) Yuki Kajiura to compose for Kimetsu no Yaiba (S4: Airing May 12)

We are drifting so far apart ritchan. :(
Focusing on hating vocalists but not hating on this particular generic YK sounding song with me.
Sadtimes.

I'm not exactly liking the song either and I am too lazy and not exactly wanting to listen to the song more than 1 time to actually give a more objective opinion about the actual song lmao

It's just that I'm 100% on board with Kajiura collaborating with other vocalists but idk Lisa and aimer aren't what I expect her to collaborate with. well, maybe aimer is kinda expected but you all know how I loath aimer's voice. It's 1 thing if she collaborates with other vocalists and she composes different things than what she's been doing these past 10 years with Kalafina, but tbh this is not the case because everything sounds very standard Kajiuraish. I beg you is kinda fresh I guess but from what I remember of the song (for real I haven't listened to that song ever since that 1 time I listened to it on its release), it's in the same vein as marchen. Please correct me if I'm wrong as I don't think i wanted to listen to that song again. Might as well have her usual girls sing the songs if they're all going to be the standard Kajiura song. At the very least I would be able to listen to the singer's voice lol

And yes Lisa does sound better when she's not screeching like in the first 20secs or so but the rest of the song is very screechy and waily, like your usual Lisa's releases.

I wonder if she chose the vocalists herself or the anime studio actually asked her to work with more well known Anison singers like aimer and lisa. But for real like what @Lorde-Kowz mentioned in his wishlist, there are many options of well known anison singers like Elisa, Sakamoto Maaya, and Kokia who actually I think would suit Kajiura's songs more than Lisa. Even that 1 female singer who did either Magus Bride or Violet Evergarden or maybe both actually has a lovely voice that I think would suit Kajiura's composition.

but from what I remember of the song (for real I haven't listened to that song ever since that 1 time I listened to it on its release), it's in the same vein as marchen.
IBY is more upbeat. I'd say it's more like a psychedelic Magia.

I wonder if she chose the vocalists herself or the anime studio actually asked her to work with more well known Anison singers like aimer and lisa.
Probably the studio.

Even that 1 female singer who did either Magus Bride or Violet Evergarden or maybe both actually has a lovely voice that I think would suit Kajiura's composition.
Oooh definitely. Her voice is pretty good.

Me wants FictionJunction feat. Maaya Sakamoto, Mizuki Nana, KOKIA (or soundtrack hue), Elisa, and moar.
Love those voices as well. But if we consider the possibility, it's likely the artists who worked in the same anime as her in these recent years. (or it can be Hikaru)

If she already collaborated with Aimer and LiSA. The next in line I think of is Aoi Eir...lol. She sounds nice at live and her own materials are closer to Kajiura's style than Aimer's or LiSA's. Also feel that her voice in the 1st Alicization ED sounds less piercing than before. (The change after hiatus, or just this song, or it's only me??? LoL.)

P. S. Haven't listened to FJ ft. LiSA yet, but I don't expect much. My anti-fan level for her recordings is lower than for Aimer's recordings, but I've never attended her live though.

^ My bet is a 2 A-side LiSA single with op+ed.

That seems impossible, it's not the same Stage Name. If the FictionJunction feat. LiSA single is not yet announced, maybe we can "hope" for another A-side (next OP/ED if it is confirmed that there will be >24 episodes in a single cours) ?

WAIT. WHAT. HOLD ON.....
Can someone confirm this? Is LiSA the one who did THE KAJIURAGO on the last part of ED?
https://twitter.com/Fion0806/status/1117085257210028033
https://twitter.com/LiSA_OLiVE/status/1117087916071591936

1555229548463.png
:confu:

WAIT. WHAT. HOLD ON.....
Can someone confirm this? Is LiSA the one who did THE KAJIURAGO on the last part of ED?

Yep, I saw this post without google translation, but because I was very confident with my japanese skills I hesitated to comment about it.
It seems actually that LiSA sings the folk chorus at the end of the song. At least, she wanted to do it, therefore was coached and was challenged to try it.
She adds a "lol" (笑) so idk if it means that it's the actual final version or just an attempt, because she wanted to do it -after listening to it ?-

As for the "one-part" of Kajiura's world (一部) , idk if this word could give a hint on their future collaboration.

Except, other than YUUKA, only KAORI had more than one song as "FictionJunction KAORI".

Edit:
I think you guys are too fixated on this collaboration and naming scheme. Like even you said above, we've had ASUKA who appeared only on multiple versions of "everlasting song" as FJ ASUKA and then sang the short "Mada dame yo" yeeeaaars later. There's nothing to suggest this collab would become Kajiura's new pet project. (Which is not to say that it couldn't or won't.)

IMHO what's more important to take from this, is that we now officially know:
  • Kajiura is releasing music under "FictionJunction" after departing SpaceCraft, which is great for her!
  • Kajiura is releasing music from the heavenly blue/believe/ring your bell/One Light/longing/etc basket after departing SpaceCraft, which is not so great and disappointing for some of us, lol.
If she wants to work with LiSA some more, great! I just wish the song felt like it had some effort put into it. Kthx.

PS. That awkward moment when you realize your favorite post-YUUKA FictionJunction release was a cover...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... they exist, lol. What do you want to "count" them "as"?
The circumstance was different than what you're saying in regard to the future of "FictionJunction feat. LiSA" ("Aside from Asuka, so far YK didnt slap the FJ name next to someone she will do only one song with, so i expect there will be more.").

FictionJunction as the group unit seemed like the next natural step with what Kajiura was doing with her LIVEs. The self covers only reflect that.
She never did another original solo song with any of the singers after that (Edit: except for KAORI again, "elemental"). Heck, even Hitomi no Chikara which was advertised as "Yuki Kajiura + Yuuka" had Kaori taking lead during the bridge.(Edit2: senile grunty) Same for Nohara.

And again, LiSA is the least "worrying" thing about this collaboration IMHO, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I saw this post without google translation, but because I was very confident with my japanese skills I hesitated to comment about it.
It seems actually that LiSA sings the folk chorus at the end of the song. At least, she wanted to do it, therefore was coached and was challenged to try it.
She adds a "lol" (笑) so idk if it means that it's the actual final version or just an attempt, because she wanted to do it -after listening to it ?-

As for the "one-part" of Kajiura's world (一部) , idk if this word could give a hint on their future collaboration.

I asked yuki.n and she says yes they meant that its LiSA who sang that in the final song.

@grunty: i meant to count them as song assigned to certain FJ vocalist

I also dont like that arrangment basket of Kajiura. So the theory of the agency pressing for certain type of song falls apart and what remains is what the sound director asks for and what kajiura herself likes.

I also dont like that arrangment basket of Kajiura. So the theory of the agency pressing for certain type of song falls apart and what remains is what the sound director asks for and what kajiura herself likes.
Now ain't that worrying for us? lulz.

At least el melloi is looking good lol

I do believe she’s trying to change things up, at least in the soundtrack department, but as long as she’s stuck on action “Hollywood” type shows nothing significant is going to happen.

Plus, sound director plays a big part. I hope one day for Kajiura to work with Kazahiro Wakabiyashi on an original project. Or at least one that’s not just a continuation of something a previous work.

Naniii. Kaori only sang in the background. The kajiurago bridge was sung by yuriko.
Oh for fucks sake. Was I remembering only Nohara after all? I guess my point stands (only YUUKA and KAORI somewhat surviving solo after the unit's debut) but...

Uh, I really should just stop posting (at least without going back to listen).

I think the main reason they (Yuuka, Kaori, Asaks, Kaida) pursued their solo careers is because they write songs. Wakana is now solo and is writing songs. Will Keiko and Hikaru debut solo ventures with their own songs. Time will tell.. For now... YK is a free agent to record with whom ever she (or the producers) choose. Door is wide open for possibly anyone. That's why I think the anisong singers are lining up to have a chance to work with the legendary YK.

Oh for fucks sake. Was I remembering only Nohara after all? I guess my point stands (only YUUKA and KAORI somewhat surviving solo after the unit's debut) but...

Uh, I really should just stop posting (at least without going back to listen).

LMAOOO grunty doesn't stop making me laugh these past 2 days

Anw lisa sang that last part? Wow Miss Lisa you actually surprised me with how similar your tone to Fion is on that part (or maybe I should relisten to it with better headphone)

And i second that @george1234's opinion. Kajiura not using strings in her soundtrack 2019 challenge.

Back