Go Shiina & (notsomuch) Yuki Kajiura to compose for Kimetsu no Yaiba (S4: Airing May 12)

I'm annoyed of this collaboration between them
What collaboration? There is no collaborating here. lulz.

Obviously I don't know for sure but I'm sticking to my theory that she just contributed 5 or so stand alone tracks 6 months prior to airing and they are squeezing them in wherever Go Shiina was like "whatever" during his filmscoring sessions.

Yes collaboration means that they re working together on something, like it happened with Revo and Kajiura on the dreamport single, but in here, they seem to each get some orders from the sound producer / director and working totally separately. That Homura awards ceremony was probably the first time they ever met lol

Similar thing happens with Kingdom Hearts soundtracks ever since others got involved in it besides Shimomura. I can tell apart the non-Shimomura ones right away and the quality drops significantly =_=. At least in KnY its not so obvious difference.

You know which single is on HnA :)

for some reason there's too much bass in that instrumental, or my headphones suddenly broke.
Its something that is not noticable in the vocal version.

Last edited:
No Kajiura.
... but that BGM around 13m had a nice cheesy beat.

Please ditch Kajiura for future shows in this franchise. Just give her the songs and stop teasing us with the Music credit. Clearly it's all Go Shiina's show.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to review Asa ga Kuru. I love it. It sounds very pretty, and yeah I pretty much like every Kajiura/Aimer collaboration. That’s about it, really. It’s the dawn to Akeboshi’s dusk, and vice versa. 10/10.

Last edited:
No Kajiura. Unless that piano track is hers but it doesn't sound like it to me.

That track they play in the next ep preview seems like fun cheese. Don't know if it's the same track as they played during the battle (I think it is) but I didn't like that one once all the instruments kicked in @17:20. That's not the kind of cheese I like.

Actually not sure about that piano track at the start (it doesn't sound like a Kajiura piano but like... I'm actually not sure, lol) but other than that definitely no Kajiura.

So only 1 episode left?
Tell me next week's ED will be replaced by a grand Kajiura bgm featuring Eri (if She can't establish a bridgehead through Shiina's blockade)

The credits in ep1 were all a practical joke directed at Kajiura fans. ;p

(Well, since I'm sticking to my theory that she just contributed a few standalone tracks prior to Shiina filmscoring, we might still get them as bonus tracks or what-not. If the tracks are not longer than what we got in the show, there literally was like 3 minutes of Kajiura here, lol. Assuming they don't use anything new Kajiura next week like @Justisamuel hopes.)

Back