Go Shiina & (notsomuch) Yuki Kajiura to compose for Kimetsu no Yaiba (S4: Airing May 12)

So, can maybe anyone confirm, that the only Kajiura tracks in the swordsmith-arc apart from the 4 tracks in Vol.1 are the within the first 11 minutes of Vol. 6? The VGMdb entries have not been updated with tracklists and credits after Vol.1 and I don't feel like listening through everything myself tbh...😅

So, can maybe anyone confirm, that the only Kajiura tracks in the swordsmith-arc apart from the 4 tracks in Vol.1 are the within the first 11 minutes of Vol. 6? The VGMdb entries have not been updated with tracklists and credits after Vol.1 and I don't feel like listening through everything myself tbh...😅
I listened and they seem to be within the 11 mins for me too

Last edited:
lol "hint". it states exactly which. XD (assuming you know tracklistings for the discs.)

ep1 m18 m21 m23 m24
ep4 m12
ep5 m4
ep9 m11 m12

pretty sure ep4&5 are both on volume3. vol1 only had the double length episode1.

I know, grunty, hint was not the right word to use here I guess.

What I meant is that I'm going to find out the track number, since the m-numbers have duplicates on the tracklists as each volume covers two episodes. So ep4 m12 is probably not track 12 on vol2 since it's an even numbered episode, while while ep5 m4 is likely to be track 4 on vol3.

...or not if vol 1 is only ep 1 as you just said. Either way, I'll check it out later.

Edit: Ok, you're right, vol 1 is only ep1

Update: Here are the tracklists for Vol. 3 and 5. Kajiuras contributions in bold.
Kimetsu no Yaiba Swordsmith Village Arc Vol.3 Bonus Disc
  1. M1
  2. M2
  3. M3
  4. M4
  5. M5
  6. M6
  7. M7
  8. M8
  9. M9
  10. M10
  11. M11
  12. M12
  13. M1
  14. M2
  15. M3
  16. M4
  17. M5
  18. M6
  19. M7
  20. M8
  21. M9
Kimetsu no Yaiba Swordsmith Village Arc Vol.5 Bonus Disc
  1. M1
  2. M2
  3. M3
  4. M4
  5. M5
  6. M6
  7. M7
  8. M8
  9. M9
  10. M10
  11. M11
  12. M12
  13. M1
  14. M2
  15. M3
  16. M4
  17. M5
  18. M6
  19. M7
  20. M8
  21. M9
  22. M10
  23. M11
  24. M12

3 of the 4 tracks have vocals (Vol.5 Track 24 M12 doesn't have any). Probably also LINO LEIA, but I'm not sure. I don't have credits unfortunately.

Also, all 4 tracks are under 1 minute long...

Last edited:
I can't see this being posted yet but new season will start Spring 2024 named Hashira Training Arc.

Also taken from ANN: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...4-with-world-tour-in-february-in-140-/.205332
The anime will also have another "world tour" that will screen the final episode of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Swordsmith Village Arc and the first episode of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Hashira Training Arc in Japan and 140 countries and regions starting in February.

So yep. 3 confirmed Kajiura songs this early 2024 (Sengoku / G.SEED / Kimetsu ED). Now that Sony Music Group is also added on the pool of 'who will sing the next theme song' aside from sacra it's quite hard to predict who will do it now lol. Reona? I swear I saw her giving Kajiura flower stand in Kajifes. I don't think the soukyuu collab is the reason for that. Suspicious :ayashii: If not kimetsu, talks is done but they on gag order waiting for info to drop.....

What I meant is that I'm going to find out the track number, since the m-numbers have duplicates on the tracklists as each volume covers two episodes. So ep4 m12 is probably not track 12 on vol2 since it's an even numbered episode, while while ep5 m4 is likely to be track 4 on vol3.

...or not if vol 1 is only ep 1 as you just said. Either way, I'll check it out later.

Update: Here are the tracklists for Vol. 3 and 4. Kajiuras contributions in bold.

3 of the 4 tracks have vocals (Vol.4 Track 24 M12 doesn't have any). Probably also LINO LEIA, but I'm not sure. I don't have credits unfortunately.

Seriously they could better do like on first season and release a disc with all the Kajiura tracks together instead of this thing. Now i have to add whole discography entry for each tokuten for a few seconds of music 😅

Now that Sony Music Group is also added on the pool of 'who will sing the next theme song' aside from sacra it's quite hard to predict who will do it now lol. Reona?
It could be anyone, really. I mean nobody could've guessed milet x Man With A Mission so I won't even start speculating. But honestly, I'd be cool with Reona.

Seriously they could better do like on first season and release a disc with all the Kajiura tracks together instead of this thing.
Well, they are releasing the tracks in order of appearence in the anime, which honestly makes a lot of sense to me. Rather than this, the way Kajiura is involved in this project in general is just really strange.

I know this is an old conversation by now, but here is my theory regarding Kajiuras Demon Slayer involvement:
Kajiura was initially intended to be the sole composer for Demon Slayer. Ufotable asked her to create a main theme and suite, essentially "the main theme of Kimetsu no Yaiba" and "to destroy the evil" etc. However, during this time, the production committee decided they wanted to completely score the entire series, deviating from the traditional approach of using a music menu. Consequently, Kajiura declined the offer, as it would have required a significant and extended time commitment, conflicting with her other planned projects. So they brought in Go Shiina.
Despite this change, the committee though Kajiura's main theme was fire and still wanted to incorporate it into the series. This led to Kajiura receiving a co-composer credit for the first series. When it came to the sequel film and series, given Kajiura's established reputation in the industry and among fans, the committee opted not to remove her name from the music credits. Simply put, they assigned her the minimum work necessary to retain her association with their product. Probably...maybe. Who knows...

Now i have to add whole discography entry for each tokuten for a few seconds of music 😅
Thank you for your hard work.:innocent:

Last edited:
I know this is an old conversation by now, but here is my theory regarding Kajiuras Demon Slayer involvement:
Kajiura was initially intended to be the sole composer for Demon Slayer. Ufotable asked her to create a main theme and suite, essentially "the main theme of Kimetsu no Yaiba" and "to destroy the evil" etc. However, during this time, the production committee decided they wanted to completely score the entire series, deviating from the traditional approach of using a music menu. Consequently, Kajiura declined the offer, as it would have required a significant and extended time commitment, conflicting with her other planned projects. So they brought in Go Shiina.
Despite this change, the committee though Kajiura's main theme was fire and still wanted to incorporate it into the series. This led to Kajiura receiving a co-composer credit for the first series. When it came to the sequel film and series, given Kajiura's established reputation in the industry and among fans, the committee opted not to remove her name from the music credits. Simply put, they assigned her the minimum work necessary to retain her association with their product. Probably...maybe. Who knows...
That's pretty much my theory lol. And I have a feeling the same thing happened with UBW. That one was also scored, so she declined to do the whole thing, and she just did the F/Z arrangements for the first episode and the ED themes.

Btw, anyone know how many arcs are left to animate?

That's pretty much my theory lol. And I have a feeling the same thing happened with UBW. That one was also scored, so she declined to do the whole thing, and she just did the F/Z arrangements for the first episode and the ED themes.

Btw, anyone know how many arcs are left to animate?
Just three

A training arc (the next season), followed by infinity fortress, and the final battle. Aside from the training arc, it’s going to be nonstop action.

Thank you this sounds like a very possible scanario. Guess you like mystery genre alot 😁
Thank you.😅
I do actually like mystery, although I think my scenario isn't actually all that mysterious.😉

Sounds plausible. Although I think her inclusion in UBW made a lot more sense conceptually, since she only made arrangements of the F/Z themes and nothing more, so I could also imagine a scenario, where it was already decided early on that she wouldn't be the main composer, and they just asked ther for the F/Z arrangements specifically. Also they called ther guest composer if I recall correctly, which was a much more honest description of her involvement. In Demon Slayer's case it's just a lot harder for me to imagine, that the current involvement was planned like this from the start.

Update: Here are the tracklists for Vol. 3 and 4. Kajiuras contributions in bold.

3 of the 4 tracks have vocals (Vol.4 Track 24 M12 doesn't have any). Probably also LINO LEIA, but I'm not sure. I don't have credits unfortunately.

From the tracklist that you posted i cant seem to find M11 and 12 the ones Kajiura did on swordsmith vol#4 (the one on HnA), the tracks stop at M10 (#21)

Last edited:
Oh man, I'm an idiot...😓

Vol.4 is wrong, it's supposed to be vol. 5, I don't know what I was thinking. Total blunder.

The tracklist is otherwise correct though, it's just 5 instead of 4.

Edit: I fixed it now in the original post.

Back