Go Shiina & (notsomuch) Yuki Kajiura to compose for Kimetsu no Yaiba (S4: Airing May 12)

Updated the credits, sans the assistant engineers, which I'll try to have up in a few.
Only one seemingly new person (Yuri Horiuchi) in Strings. Not sure about the SIGN SOUND engineer's romanized name.

Last edited:
Interestingly, I just remembered Kajiura was also listed as composer in Train Arc-series ver. but I don't hear any of her work there?
Maybe it was because of the "full season credits" or such kind of things. She told it herself that Go Shiina was making all the soundtrack for Mugen Train, but I didn't dive into the episodes to see if an old track was used... would be interesting if anyone can confirm. As for the OP, let's say that they didn't want the ED to outshine it lol. Hopefully Aimer will make a special comment about it next week.

At first I thought that Kajiura's involvement in this new Arc wouldn't exceed episode 1 (to promote the series like in S1). We still haven't heard her yet, nor in the trailer so... maybe her track(s) will be used for (a) key scene(s)? No Tokyo Konsei though... hmm...

"..." at Shiina thanking her on her congratulating tweet but never doing the same for her since the first episodes (at least not that I can recall, or that Kajiura replied/retweeted).

If these credits are correct for the full season, then she's probably not doing any action BGM. (No guitars, no drums, etc.) Does this arc have any flashbacks? lol :p

There's something really weird happening in the arrangement/mixing of the OP during the refrain to me. At least in the simulcast. That fast drumming seems so off to me (I guess it's in the beginning too so it is what it is).

Last edited:
Alright, not even piano =/
I love erhu + piano + cello, but it could be fine with cello and Eri Ito as a third element. Need it to be acoustic, not lost in the string-fest already announced by these credits. Judging by all instruments, we can probably expect multiple tracks? With the JASRAC credits and the first special CD expected in Feb 2022......... Anyway, with only 7 episodes, we'll know soon enough... but we also have to endure every week's episode ><

I do enjoy Aimer's OP, but sounds like a light-hearted party song. Based on it, I'd be expecting nothing else than funny moments in this Arc. They may be 3 persons involved on this song, but we have a Kajiura.

Last edited:
Anyway, with only 7 episodes, we'll know soon enough... but we also have to endure every week's episode
Isn't it 11?

I doubt I'll be watching, maybe next week to hear the ED but otherwise, I really don't care for this show. ;p

That's so short lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v79n_6sWWWAMV looks really beautiful at least. Big Fuji, Big Moon, Big Hanabi and on top of that what appears to be a confident Aimer (her appearances are so uncommon).

And what can we expect from Kajiura's song... seeing the single cover-art, only nature elements are missing from the OP MV, apart from the sakuras (and assuming they previewed all the elements from the clip). ED Clip could be focused on it, with someone lost in the forest and seeking for the light (ultimately, morning will come). But the plants colors look aggressive so they seem dangerous, thus it could be a dark tone action song (I beg you, wonderland) rather than a ballad (Hana no Uta, Haru wa Yuku).

Last edited:
I already pasted the official auto generated version.

I think I like it more than Akeboshi/Shirogane TBH, even with the drumming throwing it off for me.
While I like most of Akeboshi and think it's kick-ass, the refrain is still breaking it for me and I don't think I bothered listening to either song after the single's release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCgACOkmwtgYou can also quote Melodic Star's upload if you want to see the international reception of the song.

If these credits are correct for the full season, then she's probably not doing any action BGM. (No guitars, no drums, etc.)
What if it is an emotional track, dropped during an action scene? Similarly to "Kamado Tanjiro no Uta".

■特典CD(劇伴音楽集 フィルムスコアリング版)
Go Shiina. Oh wait, I'm dum. It's still not announced who. BUT the BD only has episode 1 so... go figure who it might be.
Obviously including Go Shiina judging by the name, and probably him alone if it's for one episode only...

But 99% possibility KnY wont have YK ost involvement...
Maybe I have misunderstood your sentence, but do you mean that YK will do absolutely nothing? Then what do these credits stand for?
If you mean that YK won't have her own CD this time, then yeah you're probably right.

Hm we will see. But for now i cant see where her music would be used except its some kind of OP/ED theme arrangement again like in the movie

What if it is an emotional track, dropped during an action scene? Similarly to "Kamado Tanjiro no Uta".
Sure?

You have an interesting thought about them potentially not splitting Kajiura/Shiina this time. I'd rather that not be the case (less2care about for me) but I guess it doesn't really matter...

I saw Rie tweeted about the credit last night, mentioning the RieEri names appearing together~ I remember that I was confused with their names before..lol.
https://twitter.com/rieflauta/status/1467539355170664448?s=21
At first, I planned to watch the episode after I haven’t checked them for a few weeks, but you said that it wasn’t played in this episode yet….Will leave it there until I feel less busy then.
If these credits are correct for the full season, then she's probably not doing any action BGM. (No guitars, no drums, etc.) Does this arc have any flashbacks? lol :p
From the amount of flashbacks in the manga, I guess that every arc contains a flashback..lol. Instead of flashbacks or action scenes, I guess that it may be a theme for the female villain of this arc. The list of instruments sounds fit for her.
I do enjoy Aimer's OP, but sounds like a light-hearted party song. Based on it, I'd be expecting nothing else than funny moments in this Arc. They may be 3 persons involved on this song, but we have a Kajiura.
Compared to the previous main arcs…I think this one may be the funniest..lol. May be the best chance to use a light-hearted OP. But well….when you listen to Gurenge, it doesn’t reflect the atmosphere of the anime as well…=w=. Akeboshi is the best when it comes to that aspect.

Aimer's single coverarts are out
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/VVCL-1955
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/VVCL-1953
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/VVCL-1956

VVCL-1953 LE DVD.jpgVVCL-1955 RE.jpgVVCL-1956 LE Ani.jpg

Well, I’ve listened to Zankyou Sanka a few times this week and my feelings are . . . Mixed.

I much prefer Masahiro Tobinai’s compositions when he’s not doing more upbeat ani-songs. I think he’s better with more atmospheric tracks, and this one just doesn’t work all that well for me. The song feels rushed for its three minute runtime, and I just generally think it changed directions a bit too much. I dunno.

I do like the ‘Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da’ parts, as well as the start of the chorus, the ‘ZANKYOU’ and the general arrangement. So I wouldn’t say it’s terrible, but it’s not as good as Akeboshi or Shirogane.

Oh well. I wonder what Asa ga Kuru will be like. I’m betting based on the title that it’s a hopeful ballad, but who knows!

OK i feel conflicted on this ED it sounds more of Aimer than a Kajiura composition but I just heard it from video tv recorded so I can't hear the instruments clearly. But it I like the 15 sec. music video teaser. brb

https://twitter.com/Ario_Kamado/status/1470041865818943490
Edit: the horror-like intro Kajiura wtf? tho asa ga kuru>shirogane , I'll wait for full version to know if I'll like it more than zankyo cause I like the festive-aura of the latter. I like the drum beats/pulse in asa ga kuru tho, more 'reverberation' than OP :groucho:

https://twitter.com/Aimer_and_staff/status/1470042003496968196Thank you Aimer for giving Kajiura composition a dynamic music video :psst:

Last edited:
Back