Gekijōban Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica: Walpurgis no Kaiten

They
FUCKING FINALLY. New trailer then, I guess? With actual footage.
They have updated the website tho... i think they just updated the trailer they have released before

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-11-22-48-50-31_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-11-22-48-50-31_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 132
yep that's madoka alright

PV track was pretty good. I always love it when Kajiura brings out the aggressive chanting

English ver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGxyrO-27dQ

BGM v gud to me actually, with some very good "pacing" to it and definitely like a follow-up to Madoka movies.

I liked the previous key-art more than this. Plus Homura looks like a snarky teen in it rather than the devil. (Edit: Looking at it an hour later I see the two Homuras are different, not a mirror reflection so I guess the snarky teen may or may not even be "our Homura". Still... my immediate thought was "meh, snarky Homura" and not "why are there two Homuras?" so I still prefer the first keyart.)

Is Winter 2024 this upcoming Winter or the next one...

PS. Standalone movie OST releases please.

Last edited:
So this was the recordings last week from Yuriko? ok....
Ending Theme song announcement should be bloody I'm so ready for it :ohoho::ohoho::ohoho:

Edit: Also, I would bet KOKIA collab will be here. Kajiura doesn't have that much upcoming anime this year that can justify inviting her in Kajifes. You don't bring THEE KOKIA if you only made her sing RAINBOW lmao. Madoka seems good fit for her sched

Last edited:
So this was the recordings last week from Yuriko? ok....
Ending Theme song announcement should be bloody I'm so ready for it :ohoho::ohoho::ohoho:

Edit: Also, I would bet KOKIA collab will be here. Kajiura doesn't have that much upcoming anime this year that can justify inviting her in Kajifes. You don't bring THEE KOKIA if you only made her sing RAINBOW lmao. Madoka seems good fit for her sched
I'm ALL for FictionJunction ft Kokia for Madoka theme. Or at least have her sing some Kajiurago track for the movie. Obviously people are still hoping for Kalafina reunion for Madoka (as expected, they're trending in Japan) but the possibility of it happening is very miniscule/unlikely. Some people wanted Aimer but her voice is an awful fit for Madoka (and tbh is unpleasant in general).

could have good music?

it could be just one Homura, imagine having that kind of power lol. nice first wish Homura. though at the end there are two voices (or same just on top), not sure what they mean, I somewhat stopped following.

after waiting a decade since rebellion, one more year doesn't seem a lot, a long time bend to the series kinda fits Homura's power so take that madoka fans!

Yes Definetely next year's winter. Thry cant be starting to promote now something that comes out in 2-3 months.

Style of BGM is like fate to zero, with some heaven's feel thrown in as well, but i like it. Im suprised it took them soooo long to make the movie for something that has so much hype as a TV anime.

yes I'd say it's distinctively Yuriko. I wish Yuriko got more lines since perhaps Kajiura is thinking "who would fit Homura the best"... Joelle too bright, Kaori and Keiko too dark, perhaps Yuriko possibility of bright and dark and more "magical" than any of the other voices. if you buy it lol

But... a whole year? Damn. Hopefully we'll get a snipet of the theme. Yeah I wouldn't mind Kokia even having BGM. I guess I'll just be patient.

I'm hopeful they mean this Winter since they showed animation footage in this PV. But I also won't be surprised if it's a year away.

I don't know how long @george1234 is expecting a promotional period for an anime movie to be, lol.

I'm hopeful they mean this Winter since they showed animation footage in this PV. But I also won't be surprised if it's a year away.

I don't know how long @george1234 is expecting a promotional period for an anime movie to be, lol.
Wasnt SAO and HF having 2-3 PVs before the movie comes out ? This is still their 2nd AFAIK and they didnt specify any date.

@Lorde-Kowz Im Guessing that Urobuchi was working full time for the madoka movie and Eisen will come after that, or A1 has other anime as priorities.

Last edited:
Reading from reddit/twitter(x), winter 2024 spans around January-March/April-ish...but doesn't matter anyway since it's movie sched for Japan for now.

I knew that rebellion ost is bundled but I feel like with the popularity of streaming nowadays, they might release it early and as a standalone too :sohappy:

I mean, it does matter because it's a year of a difference, regardless of the way we get the OST. :p

It also matters because if shit gets delayed as all things do in last years that also makes a difference. Plus SHAFT being SHAFT with their productions.

Wasnt SAO and HF having 2-3 PVs before the movie comes out ? This is still their 2nd AFAIK and they didnt specify any date.
I didn't go back to the first movies for SAO or HF but neither Scherzo, nor spring song came out at the original announced dates thanks to COVID anyways. And I dunno, Scherzo had 2 short ads before the delay (one 6 months before the original date with mostly stills and an animated one with YK music a month before the planned release) and then one full trailer a month before the actual October theatrical premiere. Heaven's Feel 3 didn't start releasing trailers or ads before December 2019 with a March 2020 release date planned.

Last edited:
Back