⚠ - Forum Rules & Guidelines - Please read carefully before posting ⚠

george1234

FORUM RULES

1. The first and the main rule is to respect each other. Don't be rude and don't insult the others (being passive aggressive counts).
  • If you do, you get 3 warnings before a 2-day ban. Further offense after returning will result in a 7-day ban. Any offense after that will make you permanently banned.
  • Swearing/cursing is discouraged and monitored by moderators, but occasional slips by well-behaved members may be forgiven.
  • Other offensive content may include anything hateful, threatening, slanderous, sexually explicit, etc. The things you say will be taken in context of the conversation and past reputation, and subject to the judgement of the moderators. If you're not sure whether what you're about to post is offensive, don't post it!

2. Multiple accounting is not allowed. If we find out you have more than 1 account at the same time, you will receive a notice before the additional accounts are deleted. In case you really need a 2nd account or a username change, send a private message either to the moderator or to the administrator. Your case will be solved individually.

3. Spamming and advertising is not allowed either. This will result in a permanent ban and all posts deleted with no warning.

4. Anything else is allowed and highly appreciated as long as you respect the other members (that includes their opinions). Have fun! We may add more rules as we see fit but these are our main concerns for now :)

Note:
Please, don't think we love to use our banmachine a lot. We usually warn politely, but if you don't listen we have no other choice.

Note 2: These rules also apply to the main site, shoutbox, gallery, and chat room.

Credit to Alphard Sokaina for writing the rules, and george1234 for amendments.

GUIDELINES TO MEMBERS
That will help keeping this place peaceful​

1. Report insulting/spam posts: In order for admins and moderators to keep the forum peaceful they will first need to spot possible unbalances and non creative dissagrements between users. To report such posts click the "Report" button that's located at the bottom right corner of the post you would like to report.

Please try to not fight back on these posts if they are turned against you, because this will just get things worse.

You can do the same for the spambots that come and post advertisements.

2. Accept People's opinion
Try to accept peoples difference in opinion, not all people can agree on an issue, but if you end up wanting to clear things up with a certain member then:

3. Ignore / Follow Feature
Ignore allows you to ignore a user's posts
Follow allows you to get notified of a user's posts

To ignore or follow someone, go to their profile and press the respective Ignore / Follow button.

To see who you have already ignored/ followed, Go to Your own User Profile on top right corner, select Ignore or follow οption and there you can see list of ignored / followed people.

4. Do it via personal Messaging.
Other forum members might be not interested in a conflict between members that are offended by each other. Solving the misunderstanding using Personal Messaging serves both purposes: 1. Keeps the forum peaceful 2. Solves the misunderstanding. If this stills doesn't work for you, please contact the admin (Kerahna) or the Moderators.

NOTICE: From now on threads where a fight between members has started will be locked 🔒 for a period of time, until the ones involved calm down, to avoid further expansion.

BANS HISTORY

• 5/9/2012 [DD/MM/YYYY format]
    • Two(2) days-long ban (till 7/9) to user Kobalos after three (3) warnings
  • 11/9/2012
    • Seven(7) days-long ban (till 18/9) to user Kobalos for further offence
  • 12/9/2012
    • Permanent ban to Kobalos and Loving.Keiko.Kubota because #1&2
  • 15/9/2012
    • Permanent ban to тролль because #2.
  • 17/10/2012
    • Permanent ban to user oliver because #2 (same IP as "Loving.Keiko.Kubota")
  • 04/11/2012
    • Permanent ban to user 玖我なつき because #2
    • Permanent ban to user 藤乃静留 because #2

[Update 22/12/2021] Revised and stylished the text better to be easier comprehensible and more friendly to the eye.

Last edited:
The "Guidelines" need to be renewed according to the new forum software, so you can skip this part for now.

Last edited:
^ I didnt do any change to the rules, I will only update the guidelines part with the xenforo related features.

> Don't be rude and don't insult the others (being passive aggressive counts).

He was the one insulting others here (namely - me) and violating said rule. I'm requesting a ban. :-P

Didn't we have a poll about this? I mean, being able to swear, just not at each other.

And really, crap isn't a particularly strong word. It's not on the same level as fuck or shit.

I dont remember about the poll (you can find it if you like)

anything insulting, no matter the level of it (apart from things like idiot, dump, stupid), that directs to a user's post of the user is an insult. When one uses swears is rude no matter the level of the insults (apart from things like idiot, dump, stupid), so they rude part was right, but not the tactful, imo.

I will also ask Kera to see what she thinks :)

But idiot and stupid are insults though. If I said someone else is stupid or an idiot, or that what he/she wrote is stupid, I should deserve a warning because I am insulting someone.

About grunty's usage of crap, the way he used it did not insult anyone. It's an expression that pretty much means you don't want to hear something.

So again, grunty was not insulting Martin or his posts or ideas. So if you're going to give him a warning for saying "who the fuck", then you might as well start giving warnings for "WTF".

I personally don't see a real reason why you have to lock the progressive thread, George. We are discussing something that is more 'meaningful', I think - than those people who've been clogging the Kalafina in Paris thread. I think the main reason why this is called a forum so that the members could express their opinions. Sure, grunty's language could be harsh sometimes, but that's the way he expresses his opinions. It's not like grunty is forcing his opinion on people that Wakana can't sing - he's just really entitled to it. The same should apply to other people, when they're sure that Wakana can sing, they don't have the right to force their opinion to grunty. Actually, the other should be mature enough to accept grunty's opinion as it is. It's not like grunty saying Wakana can't sing does any harm to other people who are mature enough.

But idiot and stupid are insults though. If I said someone else is stupid or an idiot, or that what he/she wrote is stupid, I should deserve a warning because I am insulting someone.

About grunty's usage of crap, the way he used it did not insult anyone. It's an expression that pretty much means you don't want to hear something.

So again, grunty was not insulting Martin or his posts or ideas. So if you're going to give him a warning for saying "who the fuck", then you might as well start giving warnings for "WTF".

Yes they are insults but they are milder than the others, and more common in everyday language, but if you want I can start banning for those too :P

about WTF, I would ban for it if it was directed towards someone in the forum, for harming purposes (not for fun). These always depend on context :)

I personally don't see a real reason why you have to lock the progressive thread, George. We are discussing something that is more 'meaningful', I think - than those people who've been clogging the Kalafina in Paris thread. I think the main reason why this is called a forum so that the members could express their opinions. Sure, grunty's language could be harsh sometimes, but that's the way he expresses his opinions. It's not like grunty is forcing his opinion on people that Wakana can't sing - he's just really entitled to it. The same should apply to other people, when they're sure that Wakana can sing, they don't have the right to force their opinion to grunty. Actually, the other should be mature enough to accept grunty's opinion as it is. It's not like grunty saying Wakana can't sing does any harm to other people who are mature enough.

I locked the thread to stop the drama. I can unlock it but it will soon or later lead to a new drama since there are always supporters of both Wakana-lovers and Wakana non-lovers that cant accept each other's opinions and are lead in conflict. Furthermore this and the progressive thread have too much gunpowder inside the posts due to the past dramas, so whoever goes and reads all of them will post in rage :S

Last edited:
Yes they are insults but they are milder than the others, and more common in everyday language

Well, in your previous post you said that anything insulting, regardless of level, if it was directed at someone it would be an insult.

But anyways, I seems we agree that there are levels of swear words, and some are more severe that others.
Grunty's post was not severe at all, nor did he have malicious intent when he used those words.

but if you want I can start banning for those too :P

NOPE!

These always depend on context :)

Exactly.

Back