Forum & Chat & Main Site Complaint Thread 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if searching for text in messages, the search function includes signature text in what it searches for, so if someone mentions an artist name in their signature and you're searching for that artist name, you get a lot of false matches.
@Sudrien I just re-checked and the search function leaves out contents of signatures (which is good), but that then leaves the question of how to search the contents of signatures.

Thanks, as I posted above it seems that signature contents are excluded from searches but being able to search signatures as an option might be useful.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but from the top level of the forum I tried searching for See-Saw and found no matches /-:

Can you verify if a search for See-Saw on the forum works?
@Sudrien - this is a bit of a problem...

Test text: 情報の伝達に齟齬が発生するかもしれない。でも、聞いて。

Yep, much better, thanks @Sudrien ! @Kugayama I had to enable layout.css.unicode-range.enabled in iceweasel's about:config (as explained in the link Sudrien shared), but it's already looking a lot better now :)

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but from the top level of the forum I tried searching for See-Saw and found no matches /-:

Can you verify if a search for See-Saw on the forum works?

This still is a problem, that one can't use the search function on the forum to search for "see-saw".

@Sudrien - I still don't know how a search for a forum member name given part of a name is supposed to work. Can you please find this out and post details here? It gets tricky to find a name of a user who hasn't logged in for a long time.

The problem of being able to search for "See-Saw" still exists too.

Also the thread search fails in unhelpful ways.

There is a thread titled "Pockys!!" but if you search for a thread title of "Pocky", it's not found.

Are wild-cards accepted in the search terms?

A substring match would be more helpful.

@Sudrien, excellent, that works for finding mention of See-Saw.

Have you found out how one searches for a member's name based on a part of a member's name?

@Sudrien, excellent, that works for finding mention of See-Saw.

Have you found out how one searches for a member's name based on a part of a member's name?

Searches have match-anything wildcards on either side. That's all I can tell from the code.

Member names are exact matches. No easy getting around that.

Member names are exact matches. No easy getting around that.

That is abyssmal, don't the XenForo developers have anything better?

I've been asking for a workable search of member's names for over 2 years now.
:desksweat:

Last edited:
That is abyssmal, don't the XenForo developers have anything better?

I've been asking for a workable search of member's names for over 2 years now.
:desksweat:

@Sudrien, have you filed a question / request / bug report about this with the developers? If so, any response?

Not being able to search on a partial match of a member's forum name, and not being able to search through one's private conversations on the forum are still big omissions from ZenForo.

Still getting:

The following error occurred:
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

My post to the Blogs area finally worked after more than 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back