Fena: Pirate Princess: OST & OP & Taiyou no Kouro ENG ver in Junna's "Dear"

The name might be inspired by the old testament but the plot probably wont as Yukimaru is no brother of Abel and didnt kill him out of jealousy. Besides Abel stabbed Yukimaru and almost shoot him too. He is no angel. Lets not forget about how he blew up the pirate girls ship too.
You’re right. His role is definitely far from the Old Testament’s Abel, and that’s why I haven’t linked him to the Old Testament’s Abel until what happened in this episode. It’s just a random guess and I didn’t expect that it’d turn out to be true..lol.

I wouldn't read into it. It's an anime written by a Japanese author. Surely just took names&concepts and ran with it.

(inb4 this mess makes perfect biblical sense after next episode.)

Just to be ready for the supposed film scoring in the finale, here's the penultimate bgm archive if anyone cares. "cpm"
Code:
hlRDVAKK#2_B_3xGAnZpPVhmtmAw2WbtiWWpqtrrjTKkSrIGmGiE
after mega/file
I'm thinking that weird 030 is part of 001.
I couldn't make head or tail of 044/helena's track, from the 3 times they played it so I only included the first one.
Bumped one of the tracks that I was listing as 027 to its own number, 045.
Included a purely SFX track as 047. I kept going back n forth about including it but eh, whatever.

Last edited:
totally called it when i said "religious fundamentalism" three pages ago.

ok just watched it. wtf. . . . . made zero sense. if they don't end it well I will call this anime a big opportunity missed horribly and be grumpy about it.

wished it stayed a pirate anime. as in without any angels whatever etc. sigh.

Last edited:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

This was garbage. Came out of nowhere. Did not connect to the last garbage episode either.

Show sure had me fooled for the first 9 or so episodes. This sucked. Hope there's no season 2.

New JUNNA song from Kajiura for ED. (And one new OP arrange BGM.)

「太陽の航路」
JUNNA
作詞・作曲・編曲:梶浦由記

op // 010, 030(001), 048, 038, 007, 027 // 040, new?049 (could be two tracks but I'm guessing one), new JUNNA, 019

Preordered the OST.
I feel like Banitas might be better technically (and when it succeeds, it really slaps) but this one had so much more lightness to it that it's more of a breath of fresh air than Banitas. Definitely looking forward to hearing some of the BGMs in their full versions. CD release better not ignore the unusued promo tracks - I'll be livid if it does.

Going back to bed.

Last edited:
Its a shame when they make such good series in the start they get so lazy at the end ☹️ i thought something was wrong when they killed 10 carefully designed characters that basically acted like Team Rocket does in pokemon, in just , 6th (?) episode before we even got to know them at all. But turns out the other ones werent much luckier.

This show went from castle in the sky to evangelion in just 2 episodes. I have no idea what production was thinking but they completely fumbled the ball at the goal line. What really hurts is the episode was, again, really beautiful. The first half looked beautiful, had some really neat direction...and it all amounted to nothing. What a waste. Shouldn't have been surprised considering the director did B: the beginning, another show that goes off the deep end for no explicable reason.

For the music, I'm really happy with what Kajiura did here. It was so bright and refreshing after a decade of SAO and Fate. I'm really looking forward to the OST.

Totally boring including the supposed "film-scoring".
They didn't give us any clue for the song, right? ^^ It saved the episode, I hope JUNNA's voice has more freedom in the full version compared to Umi to Shinju. Finally a song very pure and relaxing, refreshing, that I can probably listen on loop. It's been a while. First Kajiurago notes give me the feeling to be on a beach and Acoustic Guitar gives me very comfy Yuru Camp vibes for miscellaneous reasons (should it be the OST or Eri Sasaki's EDs). I just wish that Minori Suzuki sang this, since poor girl wasn't involved with Yuki Kajiura. Btw I take it as an opportunity to congratulate them for their latest album charting #2 on both Oricon and Billboard Japan weekly charts "W".

Taiyou no Kouro was absolutely the only highlight of the episode.
Thankfully no strings in it (as of yet). I wonder if it feels less restrictive to singers when the arrange isn't as busy. (But then would the singer even know during recording the song ends up being a stringfest...)

Its a shame when they make such good series in the start they get so lazy at the end
Or is it that they made a good show from a shitty ending they had to work around? o_0

Last edited:
so boring. unexpectedly religious too. i mean if there was a premise of religion from the start i'd be like ok it's that kind of show but it came out of nowhere (except the name Eden) when Helena was like
"I'm trying to be a zealot I will die now byee Abel

ending made zero sense. when did we start watching Madoka rebellion ? ? ? ok i'm exaggerating but really "now i will choose the future so that i will save you all" or wait if you say "i love you" everything will be freeking ok. sigh

i am waiting for two tracks the most. both were in this episode, violin ver of maintheme? (almost makes me tearyeyed every time) and violin helena track. i think we might get some surprise tracks, longer ver of tracks we've heard so i'm really looking forward to the ost !

I think the new JUNNA song is little bit inspired from Mune no Yukue in style. Also glad that there are no strings ^_^

The plot of this ep was lazy and alot like Madoka Rebellion lol

at 22:30 you can see Helena getting chased by Abel, both kids, passing to the side of Fena, secs before the echo black hair dude is heard, , so i guess the souls are getting re-incarnated ? So much drama on ep 11 for nothing lol. Same for the pirate girls. (21:27)
Capture4.JPG

Last edited:
Do you think its Yuriko on chorus, Junna herself, or someone else ? Im thinking it could be Junna since she is doing the choruses herself on those covers she's posting on Youtube. On the other hand it kinda sounds like Yuriko too. I removed the main vocals with audacity and the more i hear it, the more like Yuriko it sounds.

Last edited:
Iunno. To me the higher harmonies could be either Yuriko or Joelle. v( ' ')v
JUNNA is definitely singing the lead on the intro, maybe she does most/all of the backing vocals too. Can't be arsed to think about it until a better version/OST comes out.

I wish they'd released the sea and a pearl with Taiyou no Kouro on a full Kajiura single, rather than the mishmash of songs that we got.

Last edited:
The last two episodes are so disconnected from the rest of the series. I mean, what the hell was that ending? It's an ending to a completely different type of series, not the ending for a pirate/ninja adventure. Blegh.
Looking forward to the Umi to Shinju strings piece. It should please @george1234 because of the solo violin heuhehuehuhe. jk.

Υea what was the hurry for, all they had to wait is one more month, and release it as Kajiura single.
Seriously. The series started airing in Japan about two weeks ago. They definitely could've waited. Though maybe the lyrics would've spoiled the ending.

Code:
https://tower.jp/item/5256925
合計収録時間 | 01:25:26

Dunno how reliable considering how early it is but that's the total OST length from tower.

lolz @Justisamuel

Edit:
Better yet, per disc breakdown from rakuten. Quite early. Maybe vgmdb folk have the tracklist soon too, lol.
Code:
https://books.rakuten.co.jp/rb/16906060/
総曲数: 22/20(アルバム)
収録時間: 40分51秒/44分35秒

NGL I was ready for 100min+ so this is disappointing. But better this than having unreleased stuff... (Provided this is complete.)

inb4 those extra 6 minutes are Taiyou no Kouro and op/ed tvsizes, lolz.

Last edited:
Back