Fairytale Male Cover/Fandub

M

MelodicDaydreams

Hello fellow friends!

I finally decided to sign up, always meaning to. I am new and my name is Matt. I recently recorded a quick little cover of Kalafina's fairytale. It was mostly to finally put a video on youtube and see what I can do with my recording software. I now mastered the program and will be shelling out covers, possibly originals. Its a little rough and tinny but it gives a taste. I am also an artist of other trades. I edited a 5:30 long medley of Kalafina songs to perform at a karaoke contest at a local convention called AnimeNext this weekend. I have been working it for a while now. But I will release the studio version, and soon a summerful of various thingies. The other thing is that I am also a fashion designer/graphic design and "secretly (ssshhhh) making myself a custom Kalafina hoodie, that I will post when its done. Its also a demo. I can't wait. Here is my youtube: www.youtube/soulguardmusic.

Thanks.
Matt

woah kalafina medley!
!
'd love to hear it...
this cover is very emotional
i like how u added ur own touch of ....... spice to it ;)

Thanks! I am excited to. Is there anything I can improve on?

I actually do have a few issues with this dub. A few criticisms I'd love to point out.

1. What's with the opera thing going on? During the "Nani mo owaru koto no nai eien wo shitteita...." verse, when that thing is in the background, I was just like "....scuse me?"
1b. I didn't like how you harmonized "futari no monogatari". I think you should follow how Kalafina harmonized it.

2. At "KISU wo hitotsu nokoshite...", I felt as if the "KISU" was RUSHED in. I didn't feel comfortable.

3. The bridge Kajiuran was [I'm sorry] catastrophic.

4. The kajiuran during the last chorus, the "whisper" thing.... It's not working.

The end.

:dote: :dote: :dote:

:XD: why thank you so very much. I completely agree with you. Back then, i was very unconfident with everything, pronounciation, stylings, it was all a demo as the title informs. It was all a big experiment to see what I was capable of doing. I think that it can go pretty overboard. But also remember that it is a cover and not a carbon copy, so of course there will be differences. Where is the originality in simply copying? :nosebleed: But i still agree with what all you say.

Back