Eurovision 2011

Sweden's song, while no masterpiece, is more than passable. Although Russia's song was in the same vein but went down. I liked Ukraine, though, and the 4th place is quite deserved. I was surprised to know it was Mika Newton, I saw her before, but hardly recognised her here (usually she's kinda like "a Ukrainian Avril Lavigne" :XD: ).
Belarus was a usual failure, with a song that sounded nothing short of propaganda, unimaginative stage direction and the unexpectedly flopped performance in the semi-finals. :...:
France was clearly the biggest event, and... 15th... :imdead: Once again I get convinced that Eurovision mostly wants songs that can be played on the dance floor. :leaf:

What? France was horrible. Not only a weak song in itself but it was poorly sung despite the decision to perform it a major second lower than the submitted studio recording (why was this even allowed?).

I heard that the guy had problem with his earpiece. True, the recorded version was better than the finals one, but the song itself, was better than the ones of many other countries.

I didn't have a chance to watch it since I was at work. Downloading it atm but it will take me several hours :uh..:

----
Watched it, finally. I liked Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ukraine and Georgia. The Greek song was quite good too. What I hated most of all was that the women were screaming, not singing and making those terrible nasal sounds. Who told them it sounds great?... :uh..:

I didn't watch :uh..: I didn't listen all songs so far but i can say,Italian song was ok,since i like jazz and the greek song would be better without the rap XD and the song that won was obviously your typical decent pop song.
Will update here after i listen all.

Austria:your typical ballad with good vocals
UK:LOL Blue!
France:ROLF at his italian!!!and the song wasn't that good either.
ok i stop here and post only if i like someone else XD

^ I'd say that the greek song would better if it didnt had these simplistic lyrics in the greek part. also the rap and pop parts were disjoined, as if you were hearing 2 different songs.

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
France:ROLF at his italian!!!

it was Corsican dialect, chosen on purpose :tea:
I wonder if half the Europe noticed the difference anyway. I personally didn't... :XD:

Orly? :uh..: Maybe true Italians did,who knows?Never heard of this dialect.But i was speaking of the accent mostly :XD:

Back