Eisen Flügel Anime Movie with Music by Kajiura

^ Many things to say, but anyway.

I’ve been listening to the bgm again with headphones, and I didn’t notice the synth at first, it’s quite interesting coming from Kajiura. Seems fitting for Aircrafts. Now I understand why someone got « top gun vibes ». Brass are not awesome but still exist too. There’s potential I think!

https://youtu.be/5zq7ujKwuRY

^ Many things to say, but anyway.

I’ve been listening to the bgm again with headphones, and I didn’t notice the synth at first, it’s quite interesting coming from Kajiura. Seems fitting for Aircrafts. Now I understand why someone got « top gun vibes ». Brass are not awesome but still exist too. There’s potential I think!

https://youtu.be/5zq7ujKwuRY
"interesting coming from Kajiura"?
Like I was going to link EAT-MAN but george is also making a point with Elemental Gelade (everlasting song for example). (Spoiler: Elemental Gelade has flying pirates. lol.) Unless we're talking about a different synth part.

Edit:
Removed some parts of my post 'cause I was afraid they read as if I was implying she originated this sound or something, which is obviously BS, lol.

Also if by some chance Kajiura delivers something here on par with some of my Elemental Gelade highlights (you know which track I always link lol), I'm going to lose my shit. With it being Kajiura working on a movie though (and an Urobuchi one), I'm not holding out hope.

Last edited:
😅😅😅 FZ did have a "dog fight" ....
https://youtu.be/dqXHsYPvzF8
https://youtu.be/P2qgFEy77CU
I think its nothing to do with topgun or ace combat , this has mecha vs dragons ?
Its close to that anime Akiko Shikata had composed for.
Also wasnt Aldnoah Zero with Gen Urobichi on plot ? Maybe we can get hints from that too if Kajiura does OP/ED but hope it wont be as bad as that Kalafina song heavenly blue

Last edited:
From MAL:
In a world where dragons rule the skies, mankind still dreams of flight, of someday dominating the heavens in their stead. Even in times of war, the passionate young pilot Karl Schuniz continues to chase his dreams, taking up his wings of steel - the revolutionary new aircraft, the Blitz Vogel - to challenge the Kaiser Drache, the fastest dragon that can fly at supersonic speeds.
Soo... this doesn't really seem like mech vs dragons or a dark show (sans the war setting?)...

My first reaction was just general joy that Kajiura now has another project.

Then I saw Urobuchi’s the author of the source material, and I . . . Immediately decided that I’m watching it lol. The premise isn’t all that interesting, but like . . . Yeah. I’m still gonna watch it.

Anyways, I far prefer Kajiura’s TV scores to her film scores, but the latter does always have at least a few gems so I have quite a bit of hope. Anyways, woohoo!

From MAL:
In a world where dragons rule the skies, mankind still dreams of flight, of someday dominating the heavens in their stead. Even in times of war, the passionate young pilot Karl Schuniz continues to chase his dreams, taking up his wings of steel - the revolutionary new aircraft, the Blitz Vogel - to challenge the Kaiser Drache, the fastest dragon that can fly at supersonic speeds.
Soo... this doesn't really seem like mech vs dragons or a dark show (sans the war setting?)...

This is the text i got from the PV description and translated with deepL

What lies beyond this sky?

It was a time when the sky still belonged to dragons with giant wings.
In the Republic of Sylvana, where the memories of the fierce war that broke out with a neighboring country a few years ago are still fresh in the minds of the people, there were those who challenged the speed of the dragons in an attempt to wrest control of the sky from them.

Karl Schnitz, a pilot with exceptional piloting skills, was the first in the world to fly a jet-powered aircraft, the Blitzvogel. He challenges the unprecedented realm of flying at a speed that exceeds that of the fastest dragon, the Kaiser Drache.

This is the story of one man’s dream to seek and fight for freedom.
-------------------------------

Hm now that i read it again it does sound like Top Gun's intro with that top secret aircraft that maverick reached to Mach 10 Speed 🤣

Last edited:
So... basically the same as that MAL description. Ok.

So unless the pilot is terminally ill or some other Urobuchi horse shit, this doesn't seem like a dark show but an "inspirational"/"aspirational" one. Which, well, would go along with the music in the PV at the very least.

(I know, I could just go look at the manga or something to find out if there's some evil twist but I don't care enough.)

Yeah. I'm excited for new music. It sounds very uplifting. I liked Elemental Gelade a lot. And I was thinking that there were 2 different songs in the trailer? It seemed like it was going to go Tokyo Konsei and then went to uplifting Remi. (I was kind of hoping for more Joelle.) And yeah, it is just the trailer. I will check it out even if it's Urubochi.

I mean, it was just a joke because >A1 and >SHAFT with no dates but sure - trailer with more than a key visual, too.

Back