Do you like or do you hate George1234?

george1234

There has been a disagreement if im a hated dictator or a person who has benefited this community, sometimes with few faults like every person on this planet

Things u need to know:

- I have been around since i was 14-15, which was in 2005, i met Kerahna on youtube with some noir vids and she shown me the site. I immediately started helping with lyrics and as years passed i ended up managing the whole main site. The whole site containt except the lyrics translations and romanji and kanji (but i coded 80%), half discography, the merchandise and half the musicians the individual vocalists page and few other bits is created and or updated by me and as of around 2010 all newsposts are written by me as well.

If u dont believe me u can ask Kerahna.

You can vote αnd express your opinion only by posting since the poll can be altered with fake accounts. Opinions of members new-er than September 12, 2016 or inactive for more than a year wont be taken into consideration

Also no matter the result i dont plan on quiting the forum, i might just stop moderating alive accounts

Last edited:
george, I don't hate you no. I'm sorry that you have to go through this emotional surge.

it is true that you seem overly defensive sometimes and try to come up with explanations for a previous comment vehemently (in fact, your above post) but that comment would be an innocent mistake or for something to clarify. nothing on par with insult or the like. perhaps george, just to be constructive here, you can be a bit soft on people when they have different opinions? again, I don't see a problem personally but if people feel like that, then perhaps this will help.

I appreciate the work you do and I don't see why you shouldn't carry on. please don't make this a big deal, it is the internet and we are here to enjoy, and more frequently, criticize Kajiura's music.

I like you. I agree with wat, though. True the forum isn't what it used to be, with more members and more active members. And very few arguments if I remember correctly. I have been on the site for a long time as well. You have been lenient with me helping as well, though I haven't recently, sorry! There are just some people who take things to literally, when you (this happens with me as well) don't mean it that way. That being said, I hope you stay because I know nothing about coding so I would not be able to do the work you have for this site! Thank you! :V:

George, first and foremost I apologize if it was comment that triggered the discussion on that other thread and led you to making this thread. I don't hate you. You have my respect as one of the mods who keep this site running. It's just sometimes your posts made me frustrated on how dense you be. Maybe you didn't intend to hurt other people's feelings but your choice of words are sometimes rude and have this "holier-than-thou" feeling. I don't think not having English as your first language is an adequate excuse because I think most people in this forum are the same. Me too, English is my second language and I still have so many grammatical errors whenever I post in this forum. I think whomever that has been taught English (or any other language, for that matter) knows that language has nuances and feelings. And that's your main problem. Your sentences nuances are often can be read as rude to other people.

That's first. Then you still have issues on nitpicking people over the most trivial things of which I've confronted you before. And most time you take other people's sarcasm way too seriously. I just have enough to the point where I don't even bother - when I do bother I say things like the one in Winter acoustic album thread - almost whenever I read your posts I lose faith in humanity. That was meant to be sarcastic and joking. Maybe it's just me that lurked around tumblr that much but people on tumblr get it. You don't get it because you took it seriously - of which I don't blame you.

My advice for you is to watch your sentences nuance and choose your words carefully. Please do know that you still have respect from me for keeping this site running. Sorry if I offended you.

tldr: I don't hate you. It's your posts that are most time frustrating to read for me.

Like I have said already, your tone can be perceived as very egocentric at times, as if others' opinions are "lower" than yours. For example, a tone implying "how can you think of something so stupid?"

Simultaneously I understand that's not your intention. HOWEVER, I have called you out on it multiple times, and no progress seems to have been made. To me it makes no sense to have a forum rule that forbids the use of swear words, yet condescending comments are appeased (regardless of English being your secondary language).

I will remind you that when I first started posting on the forum, and I disclosed that I did not know who Yuki Kajiura was, your remark was "Lol I can't even..."

That's pretty damn condescending.

With that being said, I urge you to please reconsider your choice of words when disagreeing with someone's opinions. And keep an open mind- nothing is "impossible".

I don't hate you like,I think, the members of CPM! Maybe you have used sometimes a "directly" tone, apparently a rude tone; towards comments in the various threads, but it's not a valid reason for hating a person!
You have done many many positive and great things for the forum, so thank you so much for this :)

No, I don't hate you, nor do I think anyone on this forum does. I do agree with the others that sometimes you can have a bit of an angry tone (for lack of a better word), but you are still in my opinion one of CPM's top contributors! And sometimes somethings need to be argued, just that when it's over seeming nothing that has to do with the thread topic it can get a bit annoying for many of us. I hope that this hard time can be overcome soon!

I agree with previous comments... Sometimes you make poor choice of words and it implies rudeness.

I remember once, someone said "I would like to be in a girls-only room" and you said that girls can be dangerous too. Although is technically valid saying that, most girls indeed prefer to be in a girls-only room. I don't think you really thought about the person feeling, you just wanted to correct her and prove that you were right.

It's not about English being your second language, it's most people too ... it's about being sensitive with others feelings. Write things to others like you'd like to be treated and everything will be fine.

You have my deep thanks for all you've done for this website.

I neither like you nor hate you, George. However, I can overlook it when it comes to the contributions. It does help quite a bit when for those searching for English YK site. When there are none or requires way more work to get the same information.

For the nitpicking part, I think everyone is to blame, not just you. George, I'll admit that you have tendency to prod people buttons quite easily. It certainly doesn't help this fandom is adamant on doubling down on select issues. It only makes troublesome issue and exacerbate them.

I doubt George is the only ego here. Don't kid yourselves. People are selfish. For some its more, while other is less.

Personally, George, you don't need to apologize. It isn't solely your mistake, taking the blame in this way isn't worth it. When you know that there is more to it. As from my perspective, I feel that you need to research users and their history, then make your call. Right or Wrong, or something else entirely. Words are only as good as how you interpret them.

You just accused me of implying I was talking about grunty in the other thread when I wasn't. Oh please. This isn't the first time you've done it either. Remember the blaze thread where you attacked me when I wasn't even talking about you? Yeah, give me a break.

One can be nuanced in their view of george: You can appreciate what he does to keep the website running while realizing that he's an annoying and conceited jerk.

This is just some tactic for him to seem like some misguided child even though I've seen people approach him about his behavior before I even returned. If george was actually apologetic, he'd stop coming up with excuses and change.

Hate is such a strong word. I'd say if anyone here actually hates you, george1234, they have their priorities out of order. Nevertheless, I will offer a suggestion:

Ask yourself if it's really necessary to respond to a particular comment. What are the underlying reasons why you feel the need to respond? Is it a compulsive behavior that you find difficult to control? What feelings and thoughts arise in you if you try to leave a comment unaddressed?

Answering these questions honestly can give you a pretty good idea of how you see and interact with the world. If you don't like what you discover about yourself, take it as an opportunity to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: aki
My opinion is that many users on this forum seem to nit-pick each other about little factoids that don't matter (like "No Keiko was on the cover of THIS album, not THIS album") and then people actually apologize for getting it wrong, and, it's just yet another forum full of snarky internet comments

Yuki Kajiura's music is this incredibly beautiful, deep, well-composed, complex thing, but the conversations on this forum don't always match that same depth. Little arguments about what song was released when, or what album did what, really doesn't matter. Yuki's songs should be about how we can all come together, not "who knows what dress Keiko was wearing on what album cover" or "who knows which Kalafina single had what B side on it" and all that know-it-all goofiness

Grab your iPod, turn on "Liminality," and as the harmonies pierce your soul, remember that life is so deep and vast -- the constant lesson Yuki Kajiura has taught us with her art -- and just let all the bull crap melt away. That's what this forum should be about

george, come hang out on chat more. The chat regulars like you best! :sparkleguy:

To contribute to this discussion, I'm in chat every day, but never in the forums. Why? A few years ago, there was a huge fracas nicknamed "The Leavers Incident." Before the incident, I was involved in frequent arguments with a vocal group of detractors. Eventually, they left en masse, and claimed that a non-moderator (aka me) was responsible for crushing all dissent and forbade them to have opinions. More unpleasant things happened after that, but the point here is that the experience soured me completely on the forums and the people in the forums. I'm sure there are nice people here... somewhere. I just do not want to sort through all the bile and complete derp to find them when I already have nice people in chat to hang out with.

I came here fairly annoyed. george's contributions to this community are invaluable. george is the backbone that keeps this website and this forum going. If he leaves, lots of people will lose the amiable home on the internet he supports. If george as dictator is what we need to keep that, I say george for dictator. If anyone wants to have a problem with george doing his (UNPAID) job or how he expresses himself, I say to them: LEAVE.

EDIT: my 1,000th message is a speech supporting george. george, I want ice cream as a reward, pls, kthxbai.

well no one is denying his contributions to the forums... as many other people have mentioned above, it's the way he comments on things and other users' comments that rubs people the wrong way.

telling people to leave bc they dislike how george expresses himself... really?

I'm in chat every day, but never in the forums. Why? A few years ago, there was a huge fracas nicknamed "The Leavers Incident." Before the incident, I was involved in frequent arguments with a vocal group of detractors. Eventually, they left en masse, and claimed that a non-moderator (aka me) was responsible for crushing all dissent and forbade them to have opinions. More unpleasant things happened after that, but the point here is that the experience soured me completely on the forums and the people in the forums.
Why are you recalling this tale like it was some ultimate battle that left the village in shambles? LMFAO

"Amiable home on the Internet?" WHAT!?

"If anyone wants to have a problem with George doing his unpaid job or how he expresses himself, I say to them 'leave'" - Like @shiro said, no one is denying that George's contributions are invaluable. HIS CHOICE OF WORDS ARE JUST A LITTLE RUDE AT TIMES. I have confronted him about it multiple times in hopes that he would change but no progress has been made. It has become obvious that multiple members share the same feelings. No one is telling George to leave- WE ARE TELLING HIM TO PLEASE RECONSIDER HIS CHOICE OF WORDS. We are not overthrowing a fascist government here (lmfao).

I do hope that progress will be made soon, seeing how @george1234 has created an entire thread about this business.

George, please consider to lock this thread as it has accomplished its purpose.

a thread to test the amiability of someone doesn't sound all too good to me but you have confirmed that nobody hates you here and it's just a matter of choice of words ...

...and this goes to everyone. (e.g. swearing in response to a swear doesn't help at all.)

I agree with most comments, and that's one of the reasons why I did not return actively to the forum (I've months without it) I felt a little battered.

So I just come in to read, and I do it every day, but I forbear to leave messages and share things out of receiving insults

Sorry, thats what I feel

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you weren't here for what happened, Atlas, I'll be a little patient. Fact of the matter is that The Leavers Incident did leave our village here a shambles. It was a big incident for those who felt welcomed and at home at CPM. CPM is often my first stop on the internet and I'm on chat all day, so it's my home on the internet, as well as that of other members of the community I can name.

And even as you presume to criticize george for being "a little rude at times," you engage in similar, if not worse, behavior. Atlas, that makes you a hypocrite.

My brief sojourn back to the forums has revealed a "delicate flowers" attitude mixed with blatant displays in completely opposite behavior that doesn't sit well with me. I'll take george being "a little rude at times" a thousand times over this.

Back