Cosplay Help

nice gown
i have questions first

did you make the gown yourself?
if yes, you can use the same material for the flowers and cloth

i don't know anything about hat making though you can try this..
1) make the base of the hat using cardboard
2) then cover it with the excess pink cloth from your gown, if there's any
3) outline the lid with the black lace/cloth which you also used in the gown
4) then decorate it with more flowers like that on your gown, you can make them a bit smaller..

how's that? :ayashii:

now if you didn't make the gown yourself,
you can always ask the tailor to do it for you...

remember to make the flowers a bit smaller, if not, it can be hard to wear.. or not.. haha i'm not really sure

anyways good luck with the cosplay :XD:

[smallcaps]Analyzing...[/smallcaps]

A non-corrugated cardboard adhered to your fabric would probably look best for the crown. Don't skimp on a band if that's what you do I would not recommend cardboard against a sweaty forehead [wait. wig. nevermind?]. Multiple layers of cardstock might suffice.

A standard hat will be oblong, and require head measurement - this however, is all to to with 'tail placement - get some extra cardboard for practice. I'm noticing also appears to taper out slightly towards the base of the crown, and slightly (but less) toward the peak...

For the brim - the stiffest double-sided interfacing you can find; much easier to get a needle through than cardboard. Attatching it sigltly above the base of the crown will give more area to anchor them ******* flowers.

You might want to look into hooking it to the wig. The hook & eye type. It'd should only take three. Hook on the outside bottom edge of the crown, hidden behind the flowers...

[smallcaps]Analysis complete[/smallcaps]

Wow guys thanks ^^ sorry, went on a long vacation so I havent checked back.
@lei8-Yes, I did make the gown. >.> but god the structure of that hat throws me off so much! the brim kinda moves upward in a curve and my sense od 3D just went spiraling...I'll have the give that method a try though ^^
@sudrien-yeah i did the head measurements, but i'll need to get more of the fabric from the dress....*sigh*

Back