Canta per me correction

yuki.n

Bowl of Yuki-shaped cereal
Hi,

I was discussing the lyrics to "canta per me" with an italian friend and he pointed out a few corrections:

1) "always reminds me" instead of "always remember me"

2) "the sky opens to us, flying on the ray" instead of "the sky opens to use, fly to the ray"

(Thanks to Peppe)

Oh i never looked at the english translation :XD:

Buon lavoro Peppe :uh..:

Ah, that's just a friend of mine, he's not around on the forum but I wanted to give him credits for the help on the translation :) (or rather, it was me who helped him... he did most of the work)

@Lunaria77 (and everyone who speaks italian) :

dove dice "volano al raggio", l'abbiamo tradotto come se stesse dicendo "volando sul raggio" perché:
1) "volano" non ha senso... cioè, terza persona plurale?... volano? chi? e, siccome abbiamo anche sentito come si pronuncia sulla canzone, abbiamo pensato che dovrebbe essere "volando" invece
2) poi "volando al raggio" neanche ha molto senso, è come dire che corri, corri e arrivi ad un raggio, per questo abbiamo messo "sul raggio" invece

Hai ragione!
Ma ci sono anche altri errori in questa canzone,quindi non so che dirti (tipo ''il inno''),tanto lei ha scritto una canzone in italiano come voleva :XD:

Also,''dilette del cor mio'' isn't better as ''beloved OF my heart''?

@george:meet who?O.o

Yes you're right, it should be "beloved OF my heart". :)

About the rest of the mistakes, I didn't even bother mentioning them, but at least, whoever updates the translation should better spell "adagio" with one d instead of "addagio"...

update = edit the lyrics, or translate it ? I can do the first, but someone else has to find the mistakes ^^

@george:meet who?O.o

Lunaria77 to meet yuki.n and yuki.n to meet Lunaria77. Since you both are from Greece and speak italian you should have common interests ^^
As far as I remember you never talked to each other in the forum before :psst:

I meant edit the lyrics :)

I think the translation should be fine with the translations discussed in this thread, and adagio has to be spelled with one d.
The original italian text will still contain mistakes but that's what they sing, so it's best not to touch it :(

Re:

george1234 said:
Lunaria77 to meet yuki.n and yuki.n to meet Lunaria77. Since you both are from Greece and speak italian you should have common interests ^^
As far as I remember you never talked to each other in the forum before :psst:

O.o really?Is it true yuki.n? :knife:

edit:i've been meant to edit this earlier but i kept forgetting :uh..:
Well,she said it was her friend that speaks italian not her.

Back