Ayashii & M - Update: Oct 12

Ayashii

Parallel Heart
A lot of time spent listening to a lot of music this summer combined with some pretty stupid situations apparently produced something good...

Most of the ideas i gave life to are/could/would be suitable for games, imo, or at least the cinematics of the games etc.

I'm gonna start doing some stuuff for actual cinematics soon enough, but these first 2 pieces are mostly a shy start, i guess you could call it.

I've worked only a little on this first one and it's pretty much the barebones of the sketch (simple strings and pretty str8 forward perc with some reverse reverb in there) and it doesn't really ...function as anything yet.

http://audio.isg.si/audiox/?q=node/41161

And this one would be the one originally imagined for something like an Unreal Tournament (2k4 style i guess) map. I really like that music and the game and i thought "why not?". i tested it on a few maps and i guess it would work on at least something Egyptian themed (though yea, the ethnic instruments in there are far from Egyptians, but that's gonna change in later versions)

It could acutally be 2 pieces into one, so i guess i might separate them sometime soon..or make it sound more complete and continuous (i think that's the term)

http://audio.isg.si/audiox/?q=node/41157

So go or no go?

wow! I'm really surprised at how great they sound, i really didn't expect it since you so rarely share your stuff :XD:

The beat in the first one is awesome

The second one i thought "this is subtle perfect for a dungeon!" and then the drums started and i was totally blown away :XD: wowwwww woowwowowoww :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed:

everyone should listen to them!

I agree with Kerahna that especially the second one has a lot of potential.

I can imagine the UT voice yelling "MONSTER KILL" over it :XD:

A shy start? Oh my.... These already sound professional to me. Especially the second one. :shy:

Wow!! Great job :nosebleed: ! These 2 compositions remind me of some tracks from the ones Kajiura was sharing in the old times in her (also old) previous site, that Rave D was sharing.

a great future is forseen if you keep up like that ! :sohappy:

Re: So then what about these little pieces?

Wow, thank you very much for your replies! Thanks for taking the time! ^^

Kerahna, it's very nice to know i can make such an impression on you, haha! (actually this goes for everyone else as well)

I rarely post my stuff because i rarely come up with something i think could be heard by other ears -> hence, my infrequent use of the nickname "Not For Your Ears".

Rave, if you can imagine the voice, i can imagine more songs! Thanks very much!

Panda, i really appreciate it! But it needs lots more arranging and tweaking before i even begin to ponder mastering or anything to make it sound professional. But this is just a hobby, after all. Not like i'm gonna be composing for any movie you'll see, haha.

Next batch:

This is a clumsy and still under construction cover of one of Evanescences very old songs, unofficially - i think - named "Me in You" for convenience.I really liked it and i wondered if it was as simple to reconstruct it in my own way as i speculated it would be. Naturally, it wasn't.

Me in You 0.5.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nfV3YIuack <---- live recording. No studio version of it to date. Such a shame.

----

Here we have a little piece that i dunno where it came from but the theme word here i think is "Like a ghost" (...translucid for the very first time...)
I feel it sounds like some kind of pre-victory piece. Like you're almost there or smth...still working on it but it's been idling for some time.

M04 0.4.0

---

Listening to this while uploading gave me a few ideas i wann try on it. Till i do that, you get this.

M06 0.1.5 March Theme! Bring forth the legions of ...man?

---

This has no actual purpose. It came out of immense boredom. The piano won't work with anything...or better yet, nothing will work wit that piano line. So as it is, it's just..there.

M07 0.5.6

Me in You
Am not a great fan of the strings sound bank you used. I think you should consider changing it. I love your drum banks, I want those too :knife: . The arrangement needs some more oomph, the drums are the leading instrument in your arrangement in stead of the melody line.

M04
Nice. I am not really a great fan of atmosphere themes for other purposes than soundtracks / drama's / audio books, so I am not really the person to rate such a song. I think you did good though.

M06
The march also felt like either a song for a soundtrack OR as the intro to a longer song. It was nice, but felt like where the song should pick up the pace, it suddenly ended in stead.

M07
This is a very dissonant piano song. I do think it has potential, but it is very bare right now. I know you cannot seem to get additional intruments to go with it, but the first part is too bare in my opinion.

I still think the second song of your very first post is a song with enormous potential. You should definitely focus on making that one longer and fill in the blanks.

Crap what ahppened to my second post? Pff... seems i didn't submit it before someone closed my browser. Dammit

Me in You - Yes, yes and yes. I know what you mean, thank you,w ill resolve, and i'm using Miroslav Philharmonik, but even tho' it's a very good instrument, for simplicity, i did not insert any kind of articulations or more realistic bowing. I will work on that, don't worry. The drums are curtesy of Spectrasonic's StylusRMX, something nobody working with music should be missing. I do recommend it.

M04

Thank you, that's what i think too.

M06

It's one of the most incomplete pieces i'm stll working on so bear with me. It WILL be longer and more captivating. Iiii'm still trying to work out the tempo mechanics in FL.
It's really a pretty simple perc-bass strings-santoor line kinda thing. Patience my dear duVillage.

M07

Totally.

Aaaand yea i like that one best too, really.
I should now work on re-fracking-writing the rest of the batch.

Efforting.

...promised batch.

Tick tock, tick tock, just imagine what you want. I know i am. Shht...she's waiting over there!
M08 0.0.2 (Wait for the shoe to drop)
------

M09 0.3.0
Confusing? It is for me. I will change both the synths, those are just there to seve as sketch outlines. I got some nice ideas listening to this one again too, but, again, till i try them on, you get this. Again.
------
Aion Theme 0.8.9
In short, i love AION. Many of you will agree unconditionally to my attraction to it because you've seen at least a few screenshots.

I also adore the soundtrack. This piece is actually a part of one of the songs on it. It's the intro to the released OST by Ryo Kunihiko (a.k.a. Yang Bang Ean)

And to make my mornings even sweeter, i made my own alarm tune by playing with a few instruments over the original cut.

02 The Wings of Knight - Part 2 <---- Original cut
------
wonderland 2.5

I posted the original of this in a pre-apocalypse topic. This is the first modification of it. Just the second half with the proto-perc. Choirs turned down just because i wanted. Not sure it's gonna get much better because i don't have the original session anymore. (The old HDD devoured it in it's dying moments)

Seems to me like the appropriate theme to my untitled soundtrack.

M08
This is waaaay to minimalistic for my taste. Also I am missing a clear melody line. I'm seeing a pattern of atmosphere music in your work :XD: , but for this work I am not really feeling it.

M09
I like how the melody comes up really silently in the beginning. It can just be distinguished. Nice and subtle. This is definitely one of your better ones. It builds up towards the drums in a steady pace. You might considering having a bridge with different accompaniment though. You can go back to the starting accompaniment after the bridge. Right now this does not really work as such a long piece unless you insert some sort of break in the form of a different melody. But it has great potential. I suggest this one to make second priority when revisiting your songs.

wonderland
Wow, this one is simply great. I don't see need for change. Too bad it's so short :cry:

I can't open them all except the first two :cry:

Judging from the two tracks... I loveeeeeeeeeee it. Especially the second.
I like how it gets more adrenaline in the middle. Haunting and dark :) good Job ayashii.
You seems to share a quality of trip-hop.

Are they for film? Although they fit videogames very well, but I do think it could be used in a cinema-piece. Great Ayashii!

maha_gnosis said:
Are they for film? Although they fit videogames very well, but I do think it could be used in a cinema-piece.

I think he's making a game soundtrack :confu:

Rave:

M08 - actually, now that i listen to it again i find it kinda stupid myself.

Indeed, i didn't intend to build any clear melody line. Think of it as something like Yoko Kanno's "Beauty Large Deer" from Tokyo Sora.

--

M09 - I kinda like like that one too, and i will continue working on it. Bridging...i like the idea yes. Also, i need to sor out the perc and other instruments i might add.

thanks!
------

Wonderland

I will make other arrangements, don't worry. May even make it into soemthing like a battle theme, part of it.

Or not...i dunno yet. For now i'm focusing on the others.

---

Also, i have no idea why FL inserted so much blank after the end of M11 while rendering. lol. Doesn't do that to others.
---

Been working on another song today too. If you're reading this now, i'll upload something later.

----

Maha, why can't you open the others? :(

I'm not making soundtrack, these are just experiments

M11 0.8.0 more towards what i have in mind.

New sketch for an Icy Map. Those who played UT2k4 might remember Icetomb. Get slipping!

M16 0.3.0

Not sure i should post this at this early stage but i just wanted to know if it's worth. I'll change the synth line eventually. Now it's just for experimental purposes.

Re: So then what about these little pieces? Update Oct 06

@Ayashii : it seems that I can't connect to zshare. Dunno why.

But I can open the last one. Your style is very ambient! Keep the good job, Ayashii.

Btw, do you use sampling or you produce those sounds yourself?

M11
Glad you took some more time to work on this one again. I'd still say this is your flagship song :dote:

M16
You'd better finish up some songs before posting new ones... otherwise they'll never get finished.

Anyways, M16. Basic rhythm and atmosphere seem fine. Not sure if I'm such a fan of the distorted synth pad you used though. But I suppose that is a matter of taste. In general this one seems to be one of your more completed songs.

Thanks rave! Glad you likes them! :shy:

M11 - I shall dedicate it to the Everglorious Sud!

M16 - I sketched this one way before i even uploaded v0.7.0 of M11 (that's when i opened this thread) and i've made no other new sketches since that one, though i do have some other ideas flying around.

Distorted synth pad? It's not so much of a pad. I used a synth called Minimonsta then got it through a vocoder and put some reberb on it but it's just for fun's sake :)) I might change it if i can't get anything good out of it

Thanks Maha! ^^

Ambiental? Rly? Oh no! No, that's what i'm trying to correct now...i rly like catchy music and it's my fave but i'm not sure i'm very good at it. I've been trying... Thank for your imput though!

I do use tonnes of samples but i do slip them into effects and stuff, ofc, and then again some custom made percs too (Not too much though, i absolutely adore loops and phrases. So does Yuki btw)

The synth stuff i only recently started tampering with and trying to make some unique stuff but since i'm really bad at learning these things i's gonna take a while before i manage much quality...

Also, i've packed these for you and uploaded them on mediafire.

It's everything i posted in this thread. Hope you like them!

thanks Ayashii.

well... I like mostly ambient musics ... but not overly ambient. It need some too. The latest track has a bit too much. But not the second.

I'll give you more my opinion later.

Oops, i confused ambient with atmospheric...the latter i hate. :blood:
I feel the same about ambient. :sohappy:

Which tracks do you mean latest and second? I speciffically gave them names such as M11 to make it easier fo refferencing. xD

Back