Are you in Southern California? We are performing Yuki Kajiura's music this Saturday!

• Thread starter jmarr@saddleback.edu
  • Start date
J

jmarr@saddleback.edu

I just wanted to let you know that if you live in Southern California, our choirs will be performing Yuki's "Magia," "Salva Nos," "in the land of twilight, under the moon," with a FULL rock band. They will be performed as part of our "Songs from the Screen" Concert this Saturday (5/20/18) at Santa Ana College at 7:30pm. If you are interested, you may purchase tickets here: https://www.sac.edu/music/Events/Pages/default.aspx

All the best! ^_^

John Marr, M.M.
Assistant Professor of Music, Yuki Kajiura Enthusiast

OK, I would love to do to this, but I'm thousands of miles away. More importantly, how in the world did you convince your choir to do this? I've been pointedly handing sheet music and showing videos to my choir director for years to no effect.

I watched the clips on YouTube! It's so cool! I wish the choir could be heard more QwQ I was just in LA a few weeks back, but now I'm home in Malaysia all the way at the other side of the world again TwT

OK, I would love to do to this, but I'm thousands of miles away. More importantly, how in the world did you convince your choir to do this? I've been pointedly handing sheet music and showing videos to my choir director for years to no effect.

Hello!

Sorry for the late reply, I've had difficulty trying to post to this site. Basically, the idea of an all anime concert came from the choir director. He asked me if there was enough material out there for an entire concert. Needless to say, I programmed LOTS of Kajiura. His personal favorite was "Canta per me." Besides, playing "Magia," "Salva Nos," etc. with a full rock band and choir is a BLAST. ;-) Also, if you'd like the choral scores that I arranged, please e-mail me at marr_john@sac.edu and I'll be happy to give you whatever you like. BTW, we'll be performing "Salva Nos" at my CHURCH at some point in the future. ^_^

Back