Any news of future Yuki Kajiura live concerts?

S

spellcasterbr

Since the unfortunate cancellation of Kajiura's concert in US, I haven't heard of any new live shows being announced except from Kalafina.

Does anybody know how Ms. Kajiura is doing regarding live concerts?

She keeps saying on Twitter that she'd like to do another one, but nothing apart from that.

Hopefully that means she has more soundtracks planned for the future.

I was thinking about this the other day- not just about the Lives, but also about the future of FJ in general. FJ's last release was the 2nd Live Best CDs back in summer 2015, nearly 2 years ago. And vol. 13 was over a year ago, but those concerts weren't normal YK Lives, as they were SAO-based and only had vocals on 7 of 30 songs. I've heard literally nothing about FictionJunction ever since the cancellation (as is the case with all of you). I thought that it might've been because of the growing popularity of Kalafina and Kaori's solo project, but I then looked at Kaori's release schedule, and she's hardly released anything since her last album last April (though she's been doing lives and is releasing another album in July).

Last edited by a moderator:
Kalafina probably has a big role in the reason why YK LIVE hasn't been active. Rehearsals would be heavily demanding for WAKANA and KEIKO.

Also KAORI hasn't been looking too happy on the YK LIVE stage after vol 9. Dunno about the other unreleased lives, but in vol 11 and 13, she really didn't look like she was enjoying herself on stage.

And vol 11 was terrible IMO. Vocals were nice but the stage presence was terribly lacking, mostly because of KAORI lmao. But even the member inteactions were unsatisfying.

If Kajiura has vol 14 (is that the next number?) coming up, I truly hope to see some union among the four singers and Kajiura like we saw in vols 2, 4 and 9.

I mean, singing the same old songs over and over (and over) again doesn't really help her enthusiasm. FictionJunction hasn't released anything new, and Kajiura's newer works (SAO and beyond) aren't very vocal heavy, if at all, so they end up singing the old songs. I don't blame her for not enjoying herself on FJ's stage.

And I'm sure she would like to advance her own solo career. She's not doing a very good job at it, but at least it's something outside of the same old Kajiura stuff.

I just miss FJ because it's been a long while since I've heard Yuriko Kaida live. :comeback: Other than that, Kalafina has been on a roll and while it is too bad for FJ, it's probably for the best.

Also KAORI hasn't been looking too happy on the YK LIVE stage after vol 9. Dunno about the other unreleased lives, but in vol 11 and 13, she really didn't look like she was enjoying herself on stage.

This! Wakana and Yuriko were at times more energetic than her, wtf.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind if she was replaced. Her voice is the most "normal" so it wouldn't be too difficult, hue.

Standing beside Keiko any other singer would look catatonic. Wakana appears that way in Kalafina lives. Hikaru, at least, has taken on the idea of "if Keiko is jumping around, Imma gunna too."

OMG! I miss FJ too!And i'd admit, their last few performances were not all that good. FJ is basically dead, Kajiura-san's OSTs these days lack vocals, and even if that's isn't the case, the vocals are normally done by REMI, Yuriko Kaida, and Tokyo Konsei...they are more Choral, than Kajiura's OST before 2009

Kalafina takes the stage now! Happy...but also sad.

I'll barely hear Yuriko-san sing in LIVEs and OST... and no more KAORI:cry::cry::cry: YURIKO-SAN!!!!!:comeback::comeback::comeback:

Standing beside Keiko any other singer would look catatonic. Wakana appears that way in Kalafina lives.
Teh shade! Although in Wakana's case I don't think that's just because she's standing next to Keiko... Huhuhuhuhu.

I skimmed this thread and saw someone said Live Vol. 11 was terrible.

Huh? Sorry I loved it brah, my favorite BD release from the YK mafia.

Though I agree with everyone else that it looks like FictionJunction is over. Kalafina has hit the big leagues with Far on the Water and Budokan lives, and looking at how Yuuka Nanria has gotten married and probably going to be a mom as well.

Also seems Kaori is feeling neglected and sidelined its a bit sad to see her career flounder.

But I just hope for one final mega awesome live from FJ before they break apart for good.

I find it a bit ironic that vol #13 is at this point the last FJ Live set, as in western culture that number is considered to be umlucky :XD:

@yuki.n If you can find it, can you send me a link to the tweet?

Anyway, I hope that at least some news happens with FJ soon, it's really annoying when she just leaves us hanging with her projects *cough*FJY*cough*

^ See-Saw is on cliffhanger too since they havent announced any disbanding despite having 11 years of inactivity.

I don't think Kaori is being neglected. I think she's being relegated in to that Anisong niche hell where there's little chance to grow a wider fan base. ( I think that's why Asuka / Aira left Spacecraft. She wanted to break out of the niche she was being relegated to.) He last album having an overbearing "game" music theme didn't really help to break her out in to the main stream. I don't know... maybe she can do a collab with a main stream artist to get some attention. She could also do more lives, maybe even a tour (maybe as an opening act). A few concerts a year doesn't help on the promotion side. Kalafina is getting the recognition because they are incessantly touring (with or with out new material).

As for YK, I think her desire to perform live is waning. She's getting older. Her soundtracks keep her very busy. Writing material for Kalafina adds to the pile. FJ's Elemental had only 3 new songs. It's basically a new single lumped in with all the previous released songs (and a See Saw cover) to make an album. (I actually like the album, and I think it influenced the sound of Far on the Water).

Also, writing songs for tv and movie is a lot harder than just jotting down what ever you feel. YK had to re-write To the Beginning because it wasn't what the producers wanted. It's probably not the only time she's had to re-write songs to get producers' approval. (No doubt the rejected songs end up on Kalafina albums or b sides.)

(No doubt the rejected songs end up on Kalafina albums or b sides.)
As an example I (and others) have speculated that Consolation was going to be the original F/Z opening, but was told to redo it bc it being too dark, creating what we know as TTB.

Anyway, what you're saying makes sense. The fact that she's been active for 20+ years also adds to that, as she may becoming apathetic to it.

I don't think Kaori is being neglected. I think she's being relegated in to that Anisong niche hell where there's little chance to grow a wider fan base. ( I think that's why Asuka / Aira left Spacecraft. She wanted to break out of the niche she was being relegated to.) He last album having an overbearing "game" music theme didn't really help to break her out in to the main stream. I don't know... maybe she can do a collab with a main stream artist to get some attention. She could also do more lives, maybe even a tour (maybe as an opening act). A few concerts a year doesn't help on the promotion side. Kalafina is getting the recognition because they are incessantly touring (with or with out new material).

As for YK, I think her desire to perform live is waning. She's getting older. Her soundtracks keep her very busy. Writing material for Kalafina adds to the pile. FJ's Elemental had only 3 new songs. It's basically a new single lumped in with all the previous released songs (and a See Saw cover) to make an album. (I actually like the album, and I think it influenced the sound of Far on the Water).

Also, writing songs for tv and movie is a lot harder than just jotting down what ever you feel. YK had to re-write To the Beginning because it wasn't what the producers wanted. It's probably not the only time she's had to re-write songs to get producers' approval. (No doubt the rejected songs end up on Kalafina albums or b sides.)

Yea, this is more or less what I meant to say. I feel she has bigger potential than we are seeing from her current activities. FJ would never have worked without her and I feel she was the core member of the FJ lives from 2008 and on.

I think Kalafina and the latest soundtracks are wearing on YK. She's only human. In the past her work was not as popular so she had more leeway to work at her own style and pace but now things have changed and this is the big leagues, more or less. I'm disheartened because classic FJ is what makes me love YK.

When did Aira leave spacecraft to supposedly pursue those Bigger Dreams (TM)? I mean, she just did two songs for ACCA (animu) and seems to keep writing lyrics for idolm@ster... Good luck starting anew (again) and reaching the "mainstream", outside of spacecraft and without involving yourself with niches like animu and games. (I mean it even if I did try to come across as sarcastic as I could.)

"She could do this and that" (lol opening act for someone bigger?) like it would be easy or even possible without someone in the biz backing you up. I know we all want the best (or mostly) for them but let's not be delusional. ;P

Also... what is "classic FJ"? Wouldn't that be Kajiura solo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back