Anime Boston 2011

N

ninetales

Yes, I went again, this time on Saturday. And it was a very, very good experience :plot:

First of all, this was my plan: look at the Artists' Alley, go to some Pokemon panels, try to find OST CDs, and basically hang out and relax.

This is what I did: go to a Pokemon panel and leave before it ended, quickly peek at the Artists' Alley, get lost in the Dealers' Room, almost collapse from exhaustion, and become a complete girugamesh fangirl :sohappy:

When I looked at the website and saw that girugamesh was going to be doing autographs on Saturday, something told me I needed to be there. So after we left the Pokemon panel, my friend and I rushed over to the room where they would be signing and 'mingled' until the line finally formed. It was very confusing for a while, and plus I was already exhausted from the crowds. It didn't help that there was some drill-sergeant-like con person marching around with a megaphone, bellowing things like "I WILL ONLY SAY THIS ONCE" and then lapsing into mumbles that I couldn't understand :bloodlust:

Anyway, I and my friend were two of the first one hundred in the line, which guaranteed getting an autograph. The line moved up, and I found out that photos were allowed and got out my camera. When I got into the room, I saw the four absolutely adorable guys, smiling and shaking hands with everyone. I had already planned to say 'hajimemashite' and 'arigatou', so I managed to croak it out even though I was rather overwhelmed.

I don't think the first one, Satoshi, understood me, but he smiled anyway and said 'nice to meet you'. But the other three...when I said 'hajimemashite', they bowed and said 'hajimemashite' back, and then said 'nice to meet you' for good measure! And when I said 'arigatou' they answered.

So, by the time I got out of that room, I was pretty much like this: :sohappy: :nosebleed: :imdead:

Then I learned, while trying to stand in the doorway and take pictures (because all of mine were terrible), that they would be in the Dealers' Room later and be signing their CDs for free. Naturally, I had to get down there. So after we were almost crushed in the Artists' Alley, my friend and I headed to the Dealers' Room and looked around.

(I'd been hoping for some OSTs, especially El Cazador, and I found absolutely nothing at all. All I got was a little Lugia figure from Japan. :rain: )

By the time they arrived (before the allotted time) their booth was packed. But somehow my friend got some beautiful shots, and I got a (less high quality) shot of Nii the guitarist doing V's with both hands :shy: :XD:

Pretty much the point of all this rambling is that it was my first autograph session, it went wonderfully, I am still amazed by how nice they were, all four of them were gorgeous, and even though some of their songs are a little too hard rock for me, I love them now :sohappy: It more than made up for not getting Kalafina's autographs, at least in a way :innocent:

The only problem is that I could've bought their new CD for $22 AND gotten it signed. I didn't, and I have now learned that it's about $35 online :cry:

I'm afraid I can't really report on the rest of the convention. I only went on Saturday, and I was too overwhelmed by the crowds to notice much. :desksweat:

So does anyone else listen to girugamesh? Or even know who they are? :plz:

Well, back to the topic...

I never went to an 'anime expo' (if I can call it like that), but surely Anime Boston is 100 times better than any anime event held here.

And I never heard about "girugamesh". Any song that you can share to check it out? I'm really curious about it now. :ayashii:

^ girugamesh started out as a HEAVY metal band, but they seem to be switching up their style a little. To me their best song (not that I can really judge, since I've barely heard anything) is Inochi no Ki:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Od8YAm03s[/youtube]

Here's their official site in English. Just don't trust the pictures...they're so Photoshopped that they make all four of them look awful. Satoshi and Nii especially are just adorable. :shy:

And as for Anime Boston...well, 19,000 people went this weekend. It was completely overwhelming on Saturday...half the time it was as though I was swimming against an incredibly strong tide. If you can get through all that, it's pretty fun :ohoho:

^Thanks!

I'll check it out as soon as I get home, since I'm not able to watch any videos here :uh..:

Re:

meguita said:
I never went to an 'anime expo' (if I can call it like that), but surely Anime Boston is 100 times better than any anime event held here.

:uh..: The last one I gone to was four years ago, the Anime Dreams in January. I suppose it's actually infinitely smaller than the one Vulpix evolution attended. :XD:

aaah i love anime boston! I went there only once (for kalafina) and it's so much better organized than anime north which the one i usually go to in toronto XD

i really would keep making the trip to boston if they didn't set the dates at such random points every year @_@ this year and last year were all during school time

^ Maybe you can make it next year! I'd love to meet you :V:

Next year's dates are April 6-8 :sparkleguy:

aww i will definitely be doing exams at that time :uh..:
it was perfect that year it was at the end of may

^ That's too bad :uh..:

They have announced their dates for 2013, 2014 and 2015, though :XD: And 2013 is on May 24-26!

Back