A Third Column

Kerahna

Administrator
Our site looks a little narrow, don't you think? I'm thinking about after exams, maybe add a third narrow column to the right side, with some stuff in it like umm links to popular posts, or a poll, or maybe a "song of the week" or something :3 or all of the above XD

I also want to install a new shoutbox as ours is hosted on another site and makes the page load slowly

Kerahna said:
Our site looks a little narrow, don't you think? I'm thinking about after exams, maybe add a third narrow column to the right side, with some stuff in it like umm links to popular posts, or a poll, or maybe a "song of the week" or something :3 or all of the above XD

I also want to install a new shoutbox as ours is hosted on another site and makes the page load slowly

The poll is the best to put, and there is enough room for it in the already existing left column, besides , as we have said before, there is no song or music of Yuki that it isnt great , so there cant be song of the week.

also I think we need a section for Yuki's musicians, a fan-performances one as Zuiyon said where will will put videos of people who play Yuki's music

I think the song of the week could be a non-yuki song that we like and recommend to people who like yuki :3

I will add a section for Yuki's musicians after exams, and i have no idea where to put fan performances... in its own section, or under random stuff? or under videos? AAaa and does Eminence count as a fan performance?

About Eminence, are they really fan of Yuki ??? :/
They have done it more because they are Eminence, than they like Yuki don't you think ?

You can create a section called : Fan's works for example or something like that, which can gather all arts related to Yuki xD (non official performances, maybe sheet music ? hmmm no no...and I'm thinking of my drawings too huhhuhu)

And for the third column, the idea is good. I think a poll could imply more the visitors. The song of the week with other artists, yes, it's good to be open to other things. And the links to popular posts, are you talking about the forum ???
The sole thing I fear is that the main page becomes too charged, too encumbranced...right now it is very clear, readable, if you put this third column hmm...I have to see it before saying something ^^'

most blogs have a right column for links to other blogs and also recent posts (as in news entries)

but i dont feel that this site is really a blog XD huhuhuhhuuuu
i dont think anything too eye-catching should be at the top of the right column, so i want to fill it with text. I guess links might work... mmmmmm

feeehhhhhhhh I SHOULD GO STUDY FOR PHYSIOLOLOGY

okay, you'll add this third column with links on it ? Soowww will you make the page bigger in width ?

yeah it will be wider :D still not sure about putting links in, since there's already a links page, but i dont think there should be anything really eyecatching like a poll or music player near the top of the column.

maybe recent site updates (e.g. 'uploaded 3 new lyrics')

haha, Yea that's a good idea !

but I do not understand why you don't want something too eye-catching X_x
I think that the poll was a good idea...

i thought it might distract too much from the main content, but right now it looks like the shoutbox isn't really distracting at all where it is. Not sure whether it's going to stay there, or move back to where itw as before after i fill the third column with stuff

Well the shoutbox DOES seem to be traditionally on the right, I think.

I prefer the shoutbox at the left (because I am lefthanded) and the subscribe button should be at the right to the word "subscribe" because like this it destroys the harmony of the upper tabs

Yeah maybe the subscribe button should be made in a different style?
But in general, the site rocks! :D It's got a very fresh look now.

i pulled it out of the nav. still looks weird and i cant put it on top of the shoutbox or it will look like you're subscribing to THAT

Back