What are you listening to right NOW?

longing from SAO Ordinal Scale movie

It is TTB Ver. 2 but I enjoy Yuna's voice here. And that kajiurago at the beginning was really beautiful

@ritardando What??? I didn't know she covered these songs!

Right now: The ordinal scale ost! @giffy Yep! I do enjoy it. I like her voice as well. She may get better over time, maybe become one of her regular singers like REMI. I would be down for it.

@Liana_Ilia I hope so too. She can take that tri type of Kajiura songs

Longing for generic type song
Delete for the dark type song
And smile for you for the ballad and 'grand' type song

Her voice suits that three kind of song. I'm sure that she will be a good songstress for another Kajiura produced songs

Now listening : delete

Xenosaga II and III OST again, currently on bitter.
Yuriko's voice is just :love::love::love:.
Excitedly awaiting whenever we get to these soundtracks on the pre-2008 soundtrack thread, I have quite a lot to say hohoho:ohoho:

Mitsuda and Manami Kiyota are great and all, but why can't Kajiura come back for an Xeno game?? The Xenosaga games were quite underrated in comparison to the Xenoblade games, so not as many people know of her great work on the OST and it's unfortunate. I would love it if she would go back to composing for games, I feel that it would be easier to compose for than an anime, as games tend to provide a lot more leeway and freedom to the composer, especially more so than a film.

(If anyone's interested, here's (skip to 47:31) a really interesting talk I was listening to about differences between film scores and video game scores. Not quite the same thing, but I feel like it still applies.)

Though, given Kajiura's recent affinity for crappy sfx tracks, I'm scared that if she ever were to work on a video game OST again, it would all just be sfx hell...:vortex:

I said I'd save all my rantings for the pre-2008 OST thread but whoops...

@ritardando What??? I didn't know she covered these songs!

Right now: The ordinal scale ost! @giffy Yep! I do enjoy it. I like her voice as well. She may get better over time, maybe become one of her regular singers like REMI. I would be down for it.

lol liana i just read this
did you mean the haruna luna covers of mizu no akashi and shinkai no kodoku? i could give you the youtube link if you want (hopefully the videos are still available)

Musunde Hiraku - Kalafina

i really dont like this song at all but for some weird reason it stuck in my head i have to listen to it

^Thanks. I think she is better on Rhythm Emotion than Shinkai. Probably because of her deep voice. She does an okay job though.

ABC Classic FM Screen Sounds - for more conventional movie soundtracks, pity that they haven't done any anime or game music in ages.

Back