Rank Yuki's vocalists

what a great thread. well here is my Kajiura-san vocalists rank

1. Yuriko Kaida -- i fell in love and will always love her high harmonization and her contribution in Kajiurago part on any songs it just perfect. her harmonization makes any kajiura songs amazing! without her harmony, kajiura's musics will be a normal and standard boring song! what i hate is her lower note's

2. Wakana -- can't describe how amazing her voice is. her "sad" "dark" and "tragic" voice fit so well with many Kajiura's songs. her emotion and her hands wave (?) while she sing live is amazing too! she is also great on high harmonization . What i hate is she is unstable in live performance. she often missed the note in her live performance. but still wakana is irreplaceable! can't find any other singer with voice like her :goodjob:

3. Keiko -- well... i think everybody whose seen kalafina's live would love her. her cheerfulness always attract anyone.. but when she start singing everybody will amazed with her deep and manly voice. she is perfect in low harmony but also has a great control on doing falsetto (like in "Door" live consolation tour). what i like the most from her is her stability on perform a live concert. she never miss any notes and she has a sweet smile :dote: i think keiko need to lead more songs!

4. Hanae -- Great operatic singer! Powerful, sharp,but sometimes relaxing. she can deliver the songs feeling greatly through her voice. As Ritardando said in 1st post, she has a penetrating cold voice

5. Hikaru -- the most dramatic Kala members i think :XD: not much to say about her voice cause she has a normal voice if compared to wakana's and keiko's but she has a greatest flexibility compared to two others. she can take a lower notes like Keiko does and she can do a higher harmony. What she need is train harder and harder:study:

-----
-----

100. Yuuka
You can hate me but i never like Yuuka. she has a "normal" voice character and it will never attract me to listen or watch her live performance. Angel's gate and Hitomi no Chikara are the only songs i listen from her. I watched her Live concert but never paid attention to her. i only paid attention to Yuriko and Hikaru as a background singer. IMHO Hikaru and Yuriko are more fun to watch than Yuuka herself. i am so sorry for this rude comments plz dont kill me :hide:

P.S. Sorry 4 my bad english

This is going to be tricky. Yuki has so many incredible vocalists.
  1. Yuri Kasahara- She has performed in many of Yuki's songs from what I've heard and simply has a voice of pure magic.
  2. Emily Bindiger- Yuki's most memorable English Singer it seems like. I remember the .Hack//Sign Ost very clearly because Emily sung for most of the songs in it which made .Hack//Sign 100x better. Some songs like Long Forgotten Cloistered Sleep are also very memorable because of Emily's distinct voice.
  3. Eri Itou- From Godsibb to Ship of Fools and other songs, Eri is able to make songs sound divine and very important in nature.
  4. Yuuka- A portion of the Madlax Ost was performed by her from what I understand. Nowhere and the song Madlax stay with me frequently because of Yuuka's voice. It is perfect for the types of songs where you want to get excited in my opinion.
  5. Yuriko Kaida - Her performances in Inca Rose, and Salva Nos really stick out to me in a sort of Echo that appears in random thoughts, which makes for an exhilarating feeling.
That's all I can list for now, they are not ranked in any particular order even though I'm using a numbered list. These 5 in particular stand out to me among Yuki's many vocalists, and all of Yuki's Vocalists are very fantastic.

1. Keiko - Most favorite singer of all time. Her voice is the greatest I've ever heard in my life. I love her to death.
2. Hanae Tomaru - I like that there's a mature quality to her voice which sounds great. Duran Shoukan has been a favorite since Mai-HiME aired and then the battle is to the strong came along which made me love her even more.
3. Yuriko Kaida - Kaida is kinda self-explanatory like...bruh...
4. Fion aka Kajiura - Her deep voice gives me too much life. I love, love, love, love it. saints is also amazing.
5. Kaori Nishina - She does the kajiuran in Hikari...we all know how I feel about Hikari...

1. Kaori: She will always be my favorite. She is perhaps not the best in single terms of skills, but she is the best when it comes to combine all skills. Her voice is powerful and at the same time emotional. She has one of the best controls over her voice, has a good emphasis, knows how to sing in a good speed, and is really versatile
2. Wakana: Wakana may not be so versatile like Kaori or Hikaru, and maybe her voice is not as powerful as Keikos, but she has the most beautiful voice I ever heard. There is a reason why Yuki says she has a goddess-like-voice. Her singing of Paradise Regained gives me always the time feeling of eternal peace in the world.
3. Keiko: Keikos Voice does not sound as heavenly as Wakanas, but she is the one with the most power, because she has such an amazing deep voice. FOr me she normally stands same with Wakana, but Wakanas Heavenly voice appeals more to me
4. Remi: Her voice is simply beautiful
5. Yuriko Kaida: same as Remi
6. Hikaru: She would be a little bit higher, but still lower than Kaori, but she has the Problem that she sounds sometimes nasally.
The rest, there are so many that I cannot place

1)Yuriko Kaida, her vibrato is irritable, she's made to sing kajiuragon kalafina and fiction junction are nothing without her...i wish I could hear more of her singing (Gensou Rakuen..my personally favorite)
2)Keiko, her mysterious voice low notes, made me appreciate my contralto voice T^T...
3)Kaori - Her voice is so pleasant to listen to...it can be tragic and energetic (Stone Cold) unlike Wakana
4)Hikaru-I never used to like her voice...well it depends on the song...(the Kaori of Kalafina...but her voice is flexible and can be darkish that what I like about it.it works well in heavy instrumentals, (Magia, Destination Unknown, Sprinter, Mata Kaze ga...).my favorites) but then...in Storia her voice just ruined the song for me.
5)Hanae - Angelic voice,calming...
6)Yuri Kasahara - Very Dramatic, and powerful! I love that
7)Wakana - her voice is smooth, tragic, emotional...(I liked her voice better in Seventh Heaven, After Eden, Consolation) nower days her voice is just so disappointing, I don't feel it anymore...she needs to work on her breathing and pitching. (Believe, Heavenly Blue etc.)

and Yuuka...those voice types I cannot handle (once upon a time that included Hikaru, but she can sing in lower pitch as well which makes her voice more tolerable.) Yuuka...just no her voice is too squeaky for my liking, it's going to make me ears explode

I guess I'll do this again, looking more at live consistency/technique, especially nowadays.

1. Keiko
Look- you saw this coming. Keiko has always sounded great on stage- I can only think of a few places where she hasn't (ex: TTB from Animax Studio Live).

2. Yuriko Kaida
Though I'm not the biggest fan of her voice (esp. chest voice), she's pretty damn good live. Her biggest problem is with volume, as she often accidentally overpowers whoever has lead (ex: stone cold live). When she has the lead, as little as that may be, she always performs it well.

3. Kaori
Kaori was a close contender with Yuriko Kaida for second, as she also excels on stage, whether it's FictionJunction, solo, with Sound Horizon, or other. Really the only thing leaving her behind Yuriko Kaida is that Kaida almost always uses falsetto, which is harder to do.

4. Wakana
Wakana has always sounded better on stage than in the studio, and especially now she is performing better than ever before. Though she has had some bumps in the road with her voice, she has gotten over them and has vastly improved her voice as a result, tonally speaking. Though some will say her older voice was better, it wasn't as healthy for her voice as it was a less proper technique that made her strain in some songs where now she does not (ex: oblivious, parallel hearts, red moon). Today, though she's much more consistent on stage, there is still some inconsistency in her delivery.

5. Yuuka
I will be frank here- I haven't listened to much of Yuuka live. From what I have heard, her delivery seems to have some room for improvement. Though her voice isn't the most stable to begin with (not necessarily a bad thing), that instability in her voice really shows in lives.

6. Hikaru
Here's why I put "nowadays" at the beginning. Hikaru nowadays rarely sounds good live; it always sounds like she's struggling to hit notes, leading to inconsistent delivery and a shaky voice. Though mezzos' voices tend to lower as the singer gets older (which Hikaru's voice is following that trend), I don't think that's fully the problem. I think her technique is also off nowadays, as she sounds like she's forcing almost every note, even in recent songs (blaze, ITW). She sounded really good imo 2011-2013, and probably would have been #3 or #4 on the list if she was still there. However, something changed after then, and I can't tell what to be perfectly honest. I really hope she can get back to the level she once was, though that would take much improvement.

Okay I will try and rank some that I remember right now. (It is late haha) I will provide details later.

1. Fion
2. Chiaki Ishikawa (See-Saw)
3. Keiko
4. Hikaru
5. Wakana
6. Yuuka
7. Kaori
8. Yuriko
9. Emily Bindiger
10. Seki Tomokazu (Love Shoot! so much, he is an amazing actor and singer too!)
11. Yui Makino (I love her sweet voice)
12. Rie Tanaka
13. Saeko Chiba (wish she would work with her again *sigh*)
14. REMI
15. Hanae
16. Eri Ito
17. Mika Arisaka (Love Life Goes On, she needs to do more too)
18. Savage Genius
That's all I got for now.

Lol it's pretty obvious it's Oda. Are the other Kaoris even relevant at this point
There I can see why he was asking because Liana listed a lot of lesser known/older vocalists, such as Yui Makino & Saeko Chiba, though I think if she was listing another Kaori other than Oda she would've specified which one

There's also nothing stopping one liking all the Kaori's vocal contributions equally - each contributes something different.

1. Chiaki Ishikawa
2. Kaori Oda

Because their voices can carry a song whether it be written/composed by Kajiura or somebody else (heh... even themselves).

Yes, I meant Oda. I do like the Hikita songs though, especially Egao no Wake. I do not know what songs Nishikawa sang.

i like all 3 other Kaoris better than FJ Kaori lol, especially Nishina. i liked her voice a lot after listening to old forgotten Kajiura songs. how Kaori (FJ) pushed and screamed around on YKL vol.9 day1 just closed my heart for her and it hasn't been opened since, YKL vol.11 made it sealed even more tightly...and i used to REALLY like her voice before 2012.

note: this wakana old voice @Westkana mentioned is her voice pre 2011 or her voice 2011-2013 (the horrible squeakg voice)? because imo wakana still strained her voice quite a lot even with her new voice (2013 onwards).

Last edited by a moderator:
This has devolved into a rude thread.
*throws holy water on future posts*

Back